Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 09-10-2019, 04:25 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
This is still, for my money, the best thing on the entire internet.

Werner Herzog
Old 09-10-2019, 04:43 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Brilliant.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:55 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Tower of Power

His Purpleness - Still the freshest beat

Rufus Thomas - THIS IS A DYNAMITE CLIP, WORTH REPEATED VIEWINGS TO CATCH THE STUFF YOU MISSED FIRST TIME ROUND

Old 09-10-2019, 05:00 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-Donovani View Post
Tower of Power

His Purpleness - Still the freshest beat

Rufus Thomas - THIS IS A DYNAMITE CLIP, WORTH REPEATED VIEWINGS TO CATCH THE STUFF YOU MISSED FIRST TIME ROUND

+1 for must watch Rufus Thomas at Wattstax. Then watch the whole film.

Werner Herzog
Old 09-10-2019, 05:05 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Rufus backed by the Con Funk Shun band on the above clip
Old 09-10-2019, 05:25 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here

Old 09-10-2019, 06:15 PM

Rob Agates is playing for a contract
Don-Donovani - you seem to have exactly the same musical taste as me. I found myself agreeing with all your choices over on the Jazz thread, and now same again on this Funk thread!

The Meters backed just about everyone during the golden age of New Orleans Funk and RnB. I managed to see them a few times out there over the years. Three of the guys are still going strong (RIP Art Neville) and George Porter played the 100 Club just last year.

I can't embed the video as I haven't made enough posts yet, but y'all should check out "Just Kissed My Baby".
Old 09-10-2019, 07:05 PM
Soul Survivor

Caisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betray
One of my absolute favourites....

Old 09-10-2019, 07:10 PM

justjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is here
Old 09-10-2019, 07:12 PM

justjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is here
Technically classified as prog rock - but out and out funk!

Old 09-10-2019, 07:14 PM
Soul Survivor

Caisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betray
Old 09-10-2019, 07:20 PM

bestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ'sLoveMonkey View Post
Anyone else there when he came to Fairfield Halls ? Turned into a bit of a religious sermon.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:23 PM
Soul Survivor

Old 09-10-2019, 07:56 PM
Soul Survivor

Old 10-10-2019, 08:55 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Agates View Post
The Meters backed just about everyone during the golden age of New Orleans Funk and RnB. I managed to see them a few times out there over the years. Three of the guys are still going strong (RIP Art Neville) and George Porter played the 100 Club just last year.

I can't embed the video as I haven't made enough posts yet, but y'all should check out "Just Kissed My Baby".
Rob, saw them myself at the Jazz Cafe in 2016, they sure ripped it up that night

'Just kissed my baby' was off the Rejuvenation album - the first Meters album I ever bought. Funky as hell!

And this is another slice of git down funk, usual suspects involved

Old 10-10-2019, 09:01 AM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is here
These boys still have it after all these years...
Old 10-10-2019, 09:04 AM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login&fs=1&hd=1" width="858" height="508">To view the link you have to Register or Login&fs=1&hd=1" />To view the link you have to Register or Login">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 10-10-2019, 09:10 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Man....this one's a funk corker, but the video always cracks me up laughing. Wish I coulda been there!

Old 10-10-2019, 09:23 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Kneevil View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login&fs=1&hd=1" width="858" height="508">To view the link you have to Register or Login&fs=1&hd=1" />To view the link you have to Register or Login">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Here you go Eagle K....tis a choon!

Old 10-10-2019, 09:26 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Interstellar Funk!