Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-08-2020, 09:21 AM

M3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
If you have to be in love with the kit of the club you play for, to play at your best , then perhaps another profession would be advisable .
Not what I am saying.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:54 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
I like how some are so deluded they buy into the 'it's growing on me' idea.

Yeah, like a tumor

Keep spending the money. Earn those Parish points.
The kits are nice, clean and simple. If you don't like them fine. But the absolute hyperbole around the new kits is ridiculous. The stripes are too thick, the blue and red are the wrong way round. The stripes don't go far enough up the shirt. Blah blah blah.

Anyone would think we have a fan base of fashionistas and not a load of aging middle aged men. The club has branded training kit and leisure wear. Buy that instead if you want club branded gear.
Old 11-08-2020, 10:09 AM
Europa League Bound

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
The kits are nice, clean and simple. If you don't like them fine. But the absolute hyperbole around the new kits is ridiculous. The stripes are too thick, the blue and red are the wrong way round. The stripes don't go far enough up the shirt. Blah blah blah.

Anyone would think we have a fan base of fashionistas and not a load of aging middle aged men. The club has branded training kit and leisure wear. Buy that instead if you want club branded gear.
You are one miserable argumentative **** lately aren't you!?
Old 13-08-2020, 10:01 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
That should nicely remind them of being thrashed in the FA Cup Final every time they see it. "And Smith MUST score! Oh..."
They have no memory of this as none of them were supporters then.
Old 13-08-2020, 10:09 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
If you have to be in love with the kit of the club you play for, to play at your best , then perhaps another profession would be advisable .
I can only speak from playing about 100 matches (full league and tournament) for the CPIFC side, the supporters club, from about 1999 to 2004 or whenever it was and I soon realised that "playing for the shirt" is utter bollocks. I also played district league and didn't have any difference in attitude or effort or energy for a match just because we played in the Palace kit for the club. You physically can't for a start.

There are a few others on the BBS who also played those games, perhaps their opinion may differ, but I'd doubt it.
Old 13-08-2020, 10:28 AM
Europa League Bound

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
I can only speak from playing about 100 matches (full league and tournament) for the CPIFC side, the supporters club, from about 1999 to 2004 or whenever it was and I soon realised that "playing for the shirt" is utter bollocks. I also played district league and didn't have any difference in attitude or effort or energy for a match just because we played in the Palace kit for the club. You physically can't for a start.

There are a few others on the BBS who also played those games, perhaps their opinion may differ, but I'd doubt it.
I enjoyed briefly playing for CPIFC but I can't say it made me play any better or worse because I was wearing a Palace shirt.

Saying that having represented Palace several times in the REMF games, there was definitely a sense of pride representing the club, although perhaps that was always because it was against Brighton.
Old 13-08-2020, 03:28 PM

99%Love was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls99%Love was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls99%Love was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls99%Love was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls99%Love was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls99%Love was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls99%Love was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls99%Love was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls99%Love was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls99%Love was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls99%Love was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
First thing I said to my bro was they're relegation kits, asthectically their not to bad but they have a cheapness and laziness vibe
Old 13-08-2020, 03:33 PM

hulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wasnít sure about these kits when I first saw them. Then I realised that Iím an adult and I really couldnít give a pinch of sh1t.
Old 13-08-2020, 11:12 PM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkster View Post
I wasnít sure about these kits when I first saw them. Then I realised that Iím an adult and I really couldnít give a pinch of sh1t.
Ha yup
Old Yesterday, 04:26 AM

Night Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Ha ha, itís true but jokes aside some of us fans care about our brand and how weíre perceived particularly after decades of underinvestment prior to 2010.

If I was looking after kits I would ensure that there is a strong consistency in our kits and recognition of the past. To that end a stripe kit and sash kit should always be part of our match wear.

Weirdly enough on the home kit the back looks lovely, but the front a little odd. Full stripes and less blue would have made a huge difference I think
Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99%Love View Post
First thing I said to my bro was they're relegation kits, asthectically their not to bad but they have a cheapness and laziness vibe
Exactly my thought.
Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
The white's okay, the rest is meh, for me.

But I'm a little more concerned about what goes inside those kits next season. If we get rid of Zaha, Benteke, Sakho and Meyer and bring in Watkins, Eze, Coman and Fraser, I won't care if we play in shocking pink, wth purple spots. We'll still be more 'attractive' to watch.
Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Eagle View Post
Ha ha, itís true but jokes aside some of us fans care about our brand and how weíre perceived particularly after decades of underinvestment prior to 2010.

If I was looking after kits I would ensure that there is a strong consistency in our kits and recognition of the past. To that end a stripe kit and sash kit should always be part of our match wear.

Weirdly enough on the home kit the back looks lovely, but the front a little odd. Full stripes and less blue would have made a huge difference I think
I agree that a stripe kit and a sash kit should always be part of our brand but the exact application or articulation of those kits are irrelevant to me. Provided we are putting the right players into those shirts, the precise details of those kits are a huge afterthought, for me.