Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-01-2019, 01:00 PM

Pete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I think Jimmy moves us forward more than Meyer, to be honest. And whilst we could always do with more creativity, the number of attempts we've had on goal in recent games (Chelsea excepted) suggests it's not the biggest issue.
McArthur runs with the ball more and supports counter attacks probably better than Meyer. But if we play with Ayew, Zaha and Townsend we don't need another runner as much as someone to get the ball to them and I think Meyer is better in this regard. I think Meye links up well with Zaha and PVA on the left.

This game won't be like Cardiff when we dominated posession, or Chelsea when we didn't get the ball but somewhere inbetween. I think Meyer will help us keep the ball and Watfords desire to attack will provide us with chances.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:24 PM

Gregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Guaita
Wan-Bissaka Tomkins Sakho Van Aanholt
Meyer Milivojevic Kouyate
Townsend Ayew Zaha

This for me is our most balanced team. Our midfield three all look better in a three man midfield and also sees Zaha operate from wide instead of his back to goal. Ayew has done very well in recent weeks and is more effective than Zaha with his back to goal.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:38 AM

Elgood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElgood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElgood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElgood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElgood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElgood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElgood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElgood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElgood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElgood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElgood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think the following is our strongest starting 11 and match day squad - we won't see it today, but we might see it soon (God willing with fitness, injuries and transfer window).

Guaita
AWB
Tomkins
Sakho
PVA
McArthur
Luka
Kouyate
Townsend
Benteke
Zaha

Subs
Hennessey
Dann
Kelly
Schlupp
Meyer
Ayew
Wickham
Old 12-01-2019, 09:50 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This really will be a tough physical game as we come to expect from a Watford team, so we need players who can cope especially in midfield but also as we are playing at home need to show ambition as this is a game we can win without doubt. I dont see Roy starting with Ayew as he may see him more of an impact sub, also whilst Wickham is still clearly not fully match sharp and Benteke not quite ready but possibly on the bench, so this is how i would like to see us lineup.

----------------------------------------Guaita---------------------------------------------

---------------AWB------------Tomkins------------Sakho-----------------PVA----------------

----------------------Kouyate------------Luka---------------McArthur---------------

----------------------------------------------Meyer---------------------------

-----------------------Zaha----------------------------------Townsend----------------
Old 12-01-2019, 09:58 AM

Tele Caster is just too good for youTele Caster is just too good for youTele Caster is just too good for youTele Caster is just too good for youTele Caster is just too good for youTele Caster is just too good for youTele Caster is just too good for youTele Caster is just too good for youTele Caster is just too good for youTele Caster is just too good for youTele Caster is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Week on week people drop McArthur from their side. He is one of the best players in the side in this run. Contributes consistently more than Miliviojevic, Kouyaté and Meyer.
ABSOLUTELY
Old 12-01-2019, 10:03 AM
Significant Udder

Direwolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
.........................Guaita
AWB. .......Tomkins. ...Sakho. ......PVA

.....McArthur. ...Milivojevic. ..Kouyate

....Townsend. .....Ayew. ......Zaha
Yes I think this works against their midfield, where the battle will mostly take place I feel.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:04 AM
Significant Udder

Direwolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformerman View Post
I'd include Billy Gilbert . Pound for pound hardest player I've seen in 50 years at the Palace . One of my all time favourites !
Him alongside Jim Cannon was always fun.