Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 05-05-2021, 10:16 AM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Anyone signing up to any of these services needs to recognise and accept that they could shut down/disappear at any time. An annual subscription, although offering better value on the surface, must be viewed as a gamble. I do have an annual subscription - but I am prepared for the consequences.

Also, as many have advised in this thread - use a VPN. There can be consequences for viewing copyright protected material, and services like Sky are getting more aggressive chasing those who unlawfully access their services. Also, a VPN will stop your ISP from restricting or suspending your service.

I use a dedicated VPN Router (Netgear R7000 flashed with ExpressVPN firmware) permanently to connect to my IPTV box. It's the best solution - as you don't need to keep switching it on when you need it.

I suppose I am condoning copyright theft by posting here. My excuse is that I pay Sky over 200 a month - and I have a family subscription to all of Netflix, Disney, Amazon Prime, BT Sport etc - so I don't use IPTV when I can watch on any of these.

Yes - every episode on demand. The 24/7 service is great for dipping in - but that doesn't work with Columbo. It's a dull show if you miss the first ten minutes, so starting half way through doesn't work. You can record it if you have such a facility on your android box, but choosing your episode and watching it through is by far the better option.
I know. My point is I think a service that has the sign up url publicly available will almost certainly get shut down. No amount of VPNs will stop that. It's like the iptv services who advertise on social media. They don't last long.

FWIW I've had my IPTV sub for nearly a year now and have had to use a VPN just twice due to blocks. The plod aren't going to come after Joe Public who watch a bit of footie, they'll be going after the suppliers and resellers.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:51 AM
Fay Wray

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
My point is I think a service that has the sign up url publicly available will almost certainly get shut down.
I suppose it is a two-edged sword. With more customers and an automated online signup system you are going to earn more money and be able to invest in better architecture to give the best possible service. However the more popular you become, the sooner you find yourself in the sights of those trying to shut IPTV down.

For what it is worth, the URL's of the servers that you connect to are nothing to do with the name of the website where you signup. I suspect that it is just a payment portal /a shell if you like. Quite possibly/ probably franchised for resellers to take a fee on top. I doubt that anyone can deal directly with the real service behind it all, and there are probably multiple signup servers that take you to the same service. We call it DND, someone else might call it XYZ?
Old 05-05-2021, 11:00 AM
Fay Wray

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
I just checked and quickly found other sites selling the same service (one for 5 cheaper grrr )
Old 05-05-2021, 11:57 AM
Untapped potential....

DAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
I have also used DND to view Columbo, but I was on the 24/7 channel and didn't realise that it was also available on demand!

Anyway... just one more thing...
Intrigued with the mindset of someone who has 1000s of TV series available and chooses....Columbo! Different strokes for different blokes I guess.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:59 AM
Untapped potential....

DAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Have SD sorted out their payment issue now or are they asking for payment in BTC?
Old 05-05-2021, 12:19 PM
Fay Wray

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWSYEAGLE View Post
Intrigued with the mindset of someone who has 1000s of TV series available and chooses....Columbo! Different strokes for different blokes I guess.
Ha! There's a certain innocence about it, and certainly nostalgia that takes me back to lazy Sunday afternoons when I was a kid watching Columbo after Ski Sunday had finished, with the smell of a roast dinner wafting through the hatch to the kitchen
Old 05-05-2021, 12:57 PM
Untapped potential....

Quote:
Ha! There's a certain innocence about it, and certainly nostalgia that takes me back to lazy Sunday afternoons when I was a kid watching Columbo after Ski Sunday had finished, with the smell of a roast dinner wafting through the hatch to the kitchen
Fair. My go-to show to wallow in a warm bath of nostalgia would probably be X-Files (series 1-4)
Old 05-05-2021, 03:50 PM
Fay Wray

Quote:
Fair. My go-to show to wallow in a warm bath of nostalgia would probably be X-Files (series 1-4)
I remember in at the start of the 90's downloading some of the early episodes of X-Factor via a dial-up (modem) bulletin board - each episode was split into a number of 5.25 floppy disk images which had to be downloaded in numerous multiple 30 minute sessions then zipped back together into a dodgy MP3 (or whatever it was back then) Which is quite nostalgic in a different way for me
Old 05-05-2021, 04:00 PM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
I suppose it is a two-edged sword. With more customers and an automated online signup system you are going to earn more money and be able to invest in better architecture to give the best possible service. However the more popular you become, the sooner you find yourself in the sights of those trying to shut IPTV down.

For what it is worth, the URL's of the servers that you connect to are nothing to do with the name of the website where you signup. I suspect that it is just a payment portal /a shell if you like. Quite possibly/ probably franchised for resellers to take a fee on top. I doubt that anyone can deal directly with the real service behind it all, and there are probably multiple signup servers that take you to the same service. We call it DND, someone else might call it XYZ?
Yeah fair points mate

Old 05-05-2021, 04:04 PM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
Quote:
Have SD sorted out their payment issue now or are they asking for payment in BTC?
You can pay by credit card now. I paid by BTC in January and it was a bitch but they got the credit card option back right after I'd paid.
Old 05-05-2021, 04:23 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes - so far I have had no complaints. It has been very reliable and practically no buffering or black screens. Also, the range of channels is huge. Thousands of movies and TV series on demand. I have recently been watching all the Columbo episodes from the beginning.
Cool, thx for the advice
Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes - so far I have had no complaints. It has been very reliable and practically no buffering or black screens. Also, the range of channels is huge. Thousands of movies and TV series on demand. I have recently been watching all the Columbo episodes from the beginning.
Definitely worth watching Columbo episodes from the beginning. If you start them half way through they don't make as much sense.

But....you can see twice as many in one sitting.
Old Yesterday, 04:34 PM
Fay Wray

Quote:
Originally Posted by dim View Post
Definitely worth watching Columbo episodes from the beginning. If you start them half way through they don't make as much sense.
Yep. I can only 'see' Series 1 and Series 10 of Columbo when I connect to DND via XCIPTV player. And the listing stops and goes not go beyond somewhere around titles starting with the letter E so I might have an issue with a maximum VOD content size or something I suppose? I'll try it on another player when I can be arsed. Or it might have just been a glitch.

Anyway - the next serious use is going to be at 15:00 tomorrow afternoon!

Last edited by A Wooden Fish On Wheels; Yesterday at 04:38 PM. Reason: Typo in 'DND'
Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Yep. I can only 'see' Series 1 and Series 10 of Columbo when I connect to DND via XCIPTV player. And the listing stops and goes not go beyond somewhere around titles starting with the letter E so I might have an issue with a maximum VOD content size or something I suppose? I'll try it on another player when I can be arsed. Or it might have just been a glitch.

Anyway - the next serious use is going to be at 15:00 tomorrow afternoon!
Try KODI as a player for VOD. I use it for my supplier and it never skips a beat