Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 24-09-2021, 11:01 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Great reaction from Scheffler there. Fair play
Old 24-09-2021, 11:34 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Fleetwood and Hovland have bottled it
Still an important half in the end. We need to edge both sessions tomorrow by a point and then it will be game on for Sunday... I can't see it though.
Old 25-09-2021, 05:16 AM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
I only turned on for a couple of times to watch.

The first time all I could hear was the pathetic hooping and houlering of the very hostile home crowd and I had to turn off (suppose I could have turned the volume down ?!).

And then I saw Tommy Fleetwood miss a 5 foot putt to go 3 up after 11 holes and I turned off.

Tbf, on many occasions the Europe team have defied the rankings to defeat or at least compete with the Americans but this time they seem so far ahead ranking wise and with a totally home partisan, rowdy crowd, I feared the USA would administer a hammering.

Not over yet, but it's looking that way.
Old 25-09-2021, 07:16 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
I thought the crowd were pretty quiet and certainly wouldn’t call them hostile.

We just didn’t sink enough putts. Need a Medina style come back but can’t see it.

Oh well, keeps the yanks interested in the thing for a few more years I suppose.
Old 25-09-2021, 07:28 AM

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Still an important half in the end. We need to edge both sessions tomorrow by a point and then it will be game on for Sunday... I can't see it though.
I think we’ll get toasted in the singles. Pound for pound, they just have much better golfers at the moment. Too many of ours are out of form. Poulter, Fitz, Westy and Fleetwood are all well below their best at the moment.

Harrington has to keep Rham and Sergio together today and hope they pull in 2 points. I’d leave Poulter in his hotel room today.
Old 25-09-2021, 07:41 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Still trying to work out how one of the flakiest putters on the PGA tour, Finau, suddenly became Speith in the glory days and drained everything? And when DJ suddenly decided to play like a world No 1 again after a year off.

As an average, I feel the Europeans just took so little form into this. Hatton, Lowry, Fitzpatrick, Casey have all fallen away in the second half of the season. McIroy has been streaky with close to his best followed by very poor rounds, while it feels like Poults and Westwood are at a Ryder Cup too far.

Almost to a man the US team has played exclusively on the PGA Tour this season, and the main two “travellers” - Reid & Horchel - didn’t get picked. On the European team, a lot have been flitting between the two tours and the European Tour, outside the Rolex events, looks pretty weak at the moment. But I’m not sure what else Harrington could have done other than Rose (who has also been poor this season) for Poulter. In the RtD he had Miggliozi, Bland and MacIntyre in the top 20 who aren’t in the team - hardly inspiring. One who could have made it, Perez, also faded dramatically.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 25-09-2021, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Still trying to work out how one of the flakiest putters on the PGA tour, Finau, suddenly became Speith in the glory days and drained everything? And when DJ suddenly decided to play like a world No 1 again after a year off.

As an average, I feel the Europeans just took so little form into this. Hatton, Lowry, Fitzpatrick, Casey have all fallen away in the second half of the season. McIroy has been streaky with close to his best followed by very poor rounds, while it feels like Poults and Westwood are at a Ryder Cup too far.

Almost to a man the US team has played exclusively on the PGA Tour this season, and the main two “travellers” - Reid & Horchel - didn’t get picked. On the European team, a lot have been flitting between the two tours and the European Tour, outside the Rolex events, looks pretty weak at the moment. But I’m not sure what else Harrington could have done other than Rose (who has also been poor this season) for Poulter. In the RtD he had Miggliozi, Bland and MacIntyre in the top 20 who aren’t in the team - hardly inspiring. One who could have made it, Perez, also faded dramatically.
Yeah would agree BBE. I don’t think PH could have done anything else selection wise. If he’d have taken Rose instead of Poulter and Rose had bombed he’d have got stick for leaving a proven RC hero out.

My main criticism of him was splitting Rham and Sergio for the fourballs. But I did fancy us to get at least a 2-2 out of them with the match ups. Just didn’t sink enough putts.

Lose the foursomes today and we’re toast. It’ll be a precession
Old 25-09-2021, 07:54 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post
I only turned on for a couple of times to watch.

The first time all I could hear was the pathetic hooping and houlering of the very hostile home crowd and I had to turn off (suppose I could have turned the volume down ?!).

And then I saw Tommy Fleetwood miss a 5 foot putt to go 3 up after 11 holes and I turned off.

Tbf, on many occasions the Europe team have defied the rankings to defeat or at least compete with the Americans but this time they seem so far ahead ranking wise and with a totally home partisan, rowdy crowd, I feared the USA would administer a hammering.

Not over yet, but it's looking that way.
Fleetwood missed two consecutive putts like that. On the second he rather bizarrely let Hovland putt for the par first. I know the “makes it a free putt” mantra, but at this level? His looked far more makeable and he ended up missing it comfortably after a long wait. Not good strategy.

Old 25-09-2021, 08:41 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
From the BBC highlights we were comprehensively out-thought and out-played. We need an overnight reboot of our mindset. It is a big ask, but it is do-able. Time to fight back.
Old 25-09-2021, 09:56 AM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
I assume every shot is accompanied by a nauseating scream of "get in the hole?"
Old 25-09-2021, 09:59 AM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
You essay all afternoon and evening. Bloody grim.
Old 25-09-2021, 09:59 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket View Post
I assume every shot is accompanied by a nauseating scream of "get in the hole?"
Mashed potatoes
Old 25-09-2021, 10:01 AM
Watching from Warmington

The ultimate insult was when the Yank fans stole the European Ole, Ole, Ole song and changed the Ole to Cantlay….

Old 25-09-2021, 10:08 AM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
I rarely watch golf as it is a tedious pastime, however I do occasionally drop into the Ryder Cup on the last day as it can be mildly entertaining but I can't bring myself to tune in when it is held in the US.....American crowds are just unbearable
Old 25-09-2021, 10:10 AM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
I'd love to hear what your pastimes are if golf is tedious to you!

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 25-09-2021, 10:13 AM

Since 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is hereSince 1968 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I think we’ll get toasted in the singles. Pound for pound, they just have much better golfers at the moment. Too many of ours are out of form. Poulter, Fitz, Westy and Fleetwood are all well below their best at the moment.

Harrington has to keep Rham and Sergio together today and hope they pull in 2 points. I’d leave Poulter in his hotel room today.
With Mcilroy.
Old 25-09-2021, 11:50 AM

I’ve got a load of time for Westy for obvious reasons, but I really don’t get him and Fitz playing together again today. Hope they make me eat my words but…..
Old 25-09-2021, 12:03 PM
Watching from Warmington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I’ve got a load of time for Westy for obvious reasons, but I really don’t get him and Fitz playing together again today. Hope they make me eat my words but…..
Out of curiosity I put the teams together based purely on the current world rankings. The only changes would be Rose for Poulter and Horshel for Scheffler.

I’m not a huge fan of how they do the rankings, don’t think it should be over two years, and the European players suffer because of the weight given to strength of field and prize money. That automatically favours US based players, and also becomes self sustaining.

I also looked at a RoW team on the same basis….

Rahm
Oosthuizen
Ancer
Hovland
McIlroy
Matsuyama
Hatton
Cam Smith
Casey
Fitzpatrick
Im
Niemann

Better chance of winning? Not sure..

The worrying thing for Europe is the talent coming through in the US as the next generation…Zalatoris, Homa, Wolff, Gihm, McNealy, Burns, Champ etc.

Europe needs players like McIntyre, Perez, Hojgaard, Migliozzi etc to step up, and not fade like Pepperell, Johnston, etc.

Old 25-09-2021, 12:07 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
American golf crowds are utter wankers aren’t they?

Cricket wanker.
Old 25-09-2021, 12:07 PM

Wonderful start Serg