Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-09-2019, 09:10 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
I must be on several Ignore lists !
No-one likes a Tory

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 16-09-2019, 09:52 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Wasn't that a night match possibly in the league cup? I was making my way to the ground straight from work and there were Sunderland on Victoria Station when we heard the match was waterlogged off. We won the replay IIRC which was the last time I ever went in the Whitehorse.
Not what I was thinking of, I think it might have been a 12 o'clock KO but I'm not sure. What I am certain of is it was in the 80's, daylight, game called off just as we arrived at the ground, around Xmas and I reckon it was Sunderland.
Old 16-09-2019, 11:46 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Michael Caine's attempts at any accent that is not cod cockney.
Old 17-09-2019, 12:56 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey View Post
I'm in
Yaaay, a customer!!
Old 17-09-2019, 06:04 AM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
BBSers that spend some 10/15 years of their life posting almost daily on a regular basis and then have a fall out with another poster and jump ship or just flounce for no reason.
Or the ones that comes on here and post nothing but negative miserable crap...and then whine to the mods when theyre pulled on it.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 17-09-2019, 06:27 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
I remember that.

It wasnít just their fans that were soaked and pissed off.
I remember it, too. I watched it from the Arthur, the bit that is now given to away fans, still standing back then, I think. I had thought I went in there because Sunderland were given the Holmesdale. Now Iím wondering if it was because Iím a southern softy and wanted to keep out of the rain.
Old 17-09-2019, 07:02 AM

old traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
I remember a Boxing Day game at home to Sunderland, which the Police ridiculously decided should kick off at midday. The poor old Sunderland fans travelled down on coaches that left Wearside just after midnight on Christmas Day. Uncle Ron laid on a breakfast for them when they got to Selhurst, after which they stood in the rain in that old away supporters' section between the Arthur and the Holmesdale Road - watched their team lose 2-0 in a fairly dreadful game, given the conditions, and then got on their coaches for the long journey back.
I was at that game, the worst day ever supporting Palace, (weather wise) I was soaked just walking up to the ground, then getting absolutely drenched for an hour and a half, had to have a hot bath when I got home I was sooo cold.

Are you sure we won 2-0, I remember it as 0-0. but my memory isn't great.
Old 17-09-2019, 07:13 AM

old traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Not what I was thinking of, I think it might have been a 12 o'clock KO but I'm not sure. What I am certain of is it was in the 80's, daylight, game called off just as we arrived at the ground, around Xmas and I reckon it was Sunderland.
I think that's the one I was thinking about, it was definitely on Boxing Day and at 12O clock and it was absolutely pouring, I was behind the goal at Holmesdale end, no cover in those days.
Did it finish at 0-0. or have I got it wrong.
Old 17-09-2019, 07:20 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old traf View Post
I think that's the one I was thinking about, it was definitely on Boxing Day and at 12O clock and it was absolutely pouring, I was behind the goal at Holmesdale end, no cover in those days.
Did it finish at 0-0. or have I got it wrong.
No cos the game I'm thinking of was called off.
Old 17-09-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Michael Caine's attempts at any accent that is not cod cockney.
He can only play one character, monotone, expressionless, wooden Cockney. Totally overrated IMHO.
Old 17-09-2019, 07:25 AM

Back on subject... Women.
Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I don't understand how it is if I sign the credit card slip after a meal the restaurant can change the total later if they find an error or an omission in the original bill?

Seems like it should be tough luck on their part if they messed up. Changing a credit card debit after the slip has been signed seems far too open to misuse in my opinion.

I should add, that on many occasions I have pointed out errors on bills for missed items like drinks or desserts etc. and would have done so this time, but honestly didn't check it. It was only in hindsight it did seem a little low, and now I see online they have added $50+ to the bill.