Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-05-2020, 10:34 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
New Normal
Furlough
Consultation
Old 19-05-2020, 10:37 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Legend
Yep, this is the one. Abhor it.
Old 19-05-2020, 10:50 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
Used properly, the later is perfect, but like literally it's been abused.
Slightly off topic, but people who reply to posts without realising they are 12 years old deserve to be shot. It's the only language they understand.
Old 19-05-2020, 11:00 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Slightly off topic, but people who reply to posts without realising they are 12 years old deserve to be shot. It's the only language they understand.
Dave would not have been happy....
Old 19-05-2020, 11:12 PM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
My mate from Nottingham calls all waitresses out here 'Love'. Always made me cringe if we were all out as a group.

And he's been here 40 years like me... Lives in Tennessee now, the waitresses there probably can't understand anything he says anyway...
Ha ! A local lady friend of mine (whom I shall call Doris - not her real name.She’d make a lousy full back.) took her son to a mate’s birthday party at some huge mansion in Greenwich a couple of years back . Doris called me up a few days later and said what did it mean if a Brit called you “Love” all the time. Was it lesbian ? I asked for a bit more background and she said well “At this birthday party, Catherine Zeta Jones kept on calling me “love” !!” . I said that’s more a case of being terminally Welsh than lesbian....
Old 19-05-2020, 11:14 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
All English people who write words with a z instead of an s
Old 19-05-2020, 11:17 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
The affectionate use of ‘pet’ by northerners
Actually, ‘duck.’ That’s even worse.
Old 19-05-2020, 11:25 PM

GorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
"Chuck" is even worse than that.

Coronation Street in the 1960s.
Old 20-05-2020, 12:11 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I can't think of anything tht gets my goat.

Possiblt 'like' or 'literally'.

Or someone using ironic in the wrong context.

But all those is poor usage rather than hating the word which was the idea of this thread.

Going back 12 years and people hating on 'moist' or 'gusset'... who were they some sort of Mary Whitehouse prude.

A moist gusset is way better than the opposite should the stars be aligning...

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 20-05-2020, 12:12 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by averity View Post
Sort of related I was shocked to hear Nigel Martyn refer to the Zed D S Cup...

Having been living here in the US, my mind has always called it the Zee D S Cup.

First time I've ever heard it spoken.

It's a funny old world we live in...
Old 20-05-2020, 12:25 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Zed not Zee HH

Magic Roundabout Zebedee

I have to teach both.

This is fun...especially if you scroll down....

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by PeterH; 20-05-2020 at 12:28 AM.
Old 20-05-2020, 12:38 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by averity View Post
Including the OED, the OUP, most academics, Shakey and Inspector Morse?
Old 20-05-2020, 12:45 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Iconic. Everything that is more than ten years old is described as iconic. Again not knowing the literal meaning of a word.
Old 20-05-2020, 01:09 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
Iconic. Everything that is more than ten years old is described as iconic. Again not knowing the literal meaning of a word.
This thread is apparently iconic then...
Old 20-05-2020, 01:21 AM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Belly

Hate it when people use that word
Old 20-05-2020, 01:57 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Sort of related I was shocked to hear Nigel Martyn refer to the Zed D S Cup...

Having been living here in the US, my mind has always called it the Zee D S Cup.

First time I've ever heard it spoken.

It's a funny old world we live in...
Always said ‘Zenith’ myself.
Old 20-05-2020, 02:06 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
‘Disconnect’

I first noticed it on the FYP podcast, Kevin Day attempting to sound astute; ‘oh there was a disconnect’. Rather than just saying: Pardew banged a player’s wife.

I then realised it was was vogue to say it now. I prefer ‘disconnection’ but I then read ‘Disconnect’ in books published years ago, maybe I just didn’t hear it before. Won’t catch me saying as I think it sounds wanky as ****.

Same goes for ‘Circa’, suddenly this has become fashionable to say infront of any number to somehow make yourself seem smart somehow. Just say the bloody figure, Ive seen people say a transfer fee’s exact to the decimal place: ie, Circa £8.25m, if you are saying the whole correct figure you don’t need to bloody say ‘circa’

The ‘caveat’ fad seems to have died down. That was getting mis- and over-used to hell on here for awhile.

PS I like this thread. It’s like a subsection of ‘things that annoy you’. Good to be able to let the rage out in a pointless place and even small things like a word.

Last edited by MFBias; 20-05-2020 at 02:17 AM.
Old 20-05-2020, 02:45 AM

You might be able to say there are circa X amount of UK deaths from the virus.

But as the figure seems to be between 35,000 and I don't know 60,000 you can't even use circa for that.

There seems to be pleanty of cavaet to consider though.

Perhaps we can add variables to the list.

Ohhh and Gammon lol

Old 20-05-2020, 03:31 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
There seems to be pleanty of cavaet to consider though.
Halfwits that pronounce 'caveat' as in 'caveet'.
Old 20-05-2020, 03:42 AM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
The affectionate use of ‘pet’ by northerners

The affectionate use of 'cant' by cockneys