Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 27-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by disco mixx kidd
my mates a threshers manager and he reckons they could be going under
They should close 75% of their stores and go way upmarket, they can't compete with tescos
Old 27-12-2008, 10:52 PM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
Any store that loaded up with debt in the good years and now has to pay the bills could have problems - be interesting to see how Debenhams and BHS fare next year.
Old 27-12-2008, 11:27 PM
The Seventh Son

Scoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jookbeard
was it not Unwins?
Next once went into admin and then went downmarket and hey presto.
Old 27-12-2008, 11:58 PM

palacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
Is this a sign of the times with the Internet killing off some of the high street names ?

Is ebay not a modern day woolies ?

Is amazon not a cheaper whsmiths ?

Is play.com not a cheaper hmv / woolies ?
Old 28-12-2008, 12:45 AM
Erect member

windy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Allied Carpets are on the verge according to the salesman who served me today.

Was also a shame to see Turtles in Croydon going under. 115 years they have been there.
Old 28-12-2008, 03:13 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacelad1970

Ebay has shot itself in the foot thinking it can treat it's customers how they like , they have laid off almost 50% of it's staff (that was about 2 months ago ) and could well be on it's way under, according to someone I know who works for them.

You only have to try and sell something or look at the completed listings to see it is ••••ed.

EDIT.

HMV do a internet service cd's are cheaper , but my first order some of the cd's took 2 months to arrive.

The second order some of the dvds took a month to arrrive.

The third order was an item on sale after three weeks of waiting I contacted them 3 times finally they replied and told me they had sold out , but were still advertising the item ,but now at full price . I told them to •••• off and would never use them again.

Last edited by thefox; 28-12-2008 at 03:21 AM.
Old 28-12-2008, 03:30 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Is this a sign of the times with the Internet killing off some of the high street names ?

Is amazon not a cheaper whsmiths ?

More a problem of a lack of credit and people now thinking what they are spending instead of just buying what they like. The other problem is illustrated in your post people want things cheap and cheaper in this country which doesn't account for the cost of British wages which is killing employers.
Old 28-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Banned by Moderators

Fever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Allders
Old 28-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
They should close 75% of their stores and go way upmarket, they can't compete with tescos
It's comforting to have a clear-headed expert like you around in these troubled times; a Red Adair of recession strategy, if you will. Shame so many companies are in trouble and there is only one Dave Campbell.
Old 28-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Anyone know what was up at Threshers on Limpsfield Road yesterday, by the way? I went round there at seven and there were agitated rozzers all around, a helicopter circling, and so on.
My mother says it is because the local children go there for cigarettes but I am not convinced. Though nothing would surprise me in this crazy police state you have chosen to live in.
Old 28-12-2008, 10:42 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila
It's comforting to have a clear-headed expert like you around in these troubled times; a Red Adair of recession strategy, if you will. Shame so many companies are in trouble and there is only one Dave Campbell.

To be fair sitting in front of a computer all day imputing 0's and 1's gives you an insight into the commerical realities of the wider business world that many of us just cannot grasp.
Old 28-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC
To be fair sitting in front of a computer all day imputing 0's and 1's gives you an insight into the commerical realities of the wider business world that many of us just cannot grasp.
The harsh realities of the business world is something you are going to experience and experience in the harshest of all forms, in 2009.

At least you will have Jesus.
Old 28-12-2008, 10:50 AM
The Seventh Son

Scoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Not really as you can't walk into to woolies and sell your own cr@p

It is akin to a car boot sale however
Old 28-12-2008, 11:23 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
The harsh realities of the business world is something you are going to experience and experience in the harshest of all forms, in 2009.

At least you will have Jesus.

Aint that the truth. Its going to be a tough one.

But in someways I reckon it will be good for my soul. Had things to easy for to long. The toughest steel is forged by the fiercest fire and its about time I got my act together.
Old 28-12-2008, 12:40 PM

Chucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Adams:To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 28-12-2008, 01:00 PM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Damn it, I was wrong about Zavvi
Old 28-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Grateful To Paul Hart

Kevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand
I'm advised that If you have any Debenhams vouchers it would be sensible to cash them in quickly.

****Blessed are the cracked: For it is they who let in the light*****

****"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to shit his pants" - Enzo Ferrari*****
Old 28-12-2008, 01:18 PM

palacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky
Adams:To view the link you have to Register or Login
Adams has been in decline for years but was once a trendy shop for the kids clothes etc etc
Old 28-12-2008, 02:24 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Adams has been in decline for years but was once a trendy shop for the kids clothes etc etc
Most of my kids' clothes come from Adams until they were about 10 - but that was a few years ago now - they were a bit trendy and good quality but a lot cheaper than brands like osh-gosh etc - I suspect they got caught in the middle between the discount retailers like Primark and the supermarkets and the upmarket stores.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 28-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Priced-out of going eagle

dreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan Woz Awful
I'm advised that If you have any Debenhams vouchers it would be sensible to cash them in quickly.
I used to work for the c*ts and i'd deerly love to see them bite the dust but im not sure speculation about Debenhmas is well placed. There shops sell plenty of Tatt but they've been plenty busy enough whenever i pay a visit, the queue in the Bromley store yesterday looked like it was for the x-factor auditions.

You could say Debenhams look caught in a no-mans land against cheaper competition like Primark and against more up market stores like John Lewis. However Debenhams have franchised and concessioned much of their buisness out which reduces their risk and i'll be amazed if they go.