Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 20-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
I would be distressed if Robert Dyas was in trouble. There's definitely a need for that sort of shop in the high street.

Besides, where else could I get my J.M.L. fix?
Old 20-12-2008, 12:52 PM

Location: Skibbereen / Schinken/ Trá Lí/ an Aerbus / But I'm still behind Stav.
JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupalace
nope , they use to offer a price guarantee if you got it cheaper elsewhere they would refund the difference . Its just like amazon but on the high street and dearer
They have a comparative cost advantage over their rivals.
They'll be last man left standing.
Old 20-12-2008, 01:03 PM

dowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is here
I don't think PC World is doing great at present?
Old 20-12-2008, 01:09 PM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That surprises me considering their excellent customer service and non-pushy sales techniques
Old 20-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Fistayasista

PhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
i would love it if it was jd sports, absolutely love it.
purely for all the misery it inflicted on me working part time in bromley few years ago. glad to see that building has now been torn down! used to send a shudder down me.

unfortunately i can't imagine they have any problems, as they pretty much own half of the trainer selling / chav fashion shops out there, if my memory is correct.

so i'm gonna go for robert dyas, which seems to have been mentioned on here a lot, as i have no idea what the hell it sells / is. therefore it must be rubbish.

wh smith is also a good shout. i can't think what you'd ever go in there for apart from the odd bit of stationary. i guess this is probably a step up from pick n mix from woolies, but still.
Old 20-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy
I hope Next go under but only during their sale.

Next sale is pure unadulterated hell
I had crazy thought - don't go in during the sale
Old 20-12-2008, 01:32 PM

JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyshtaMagishta
wh smith is also a good shout. i can't think what you'd ever go in there for apart from the odd bit of stationary. i guess this is probably a step up from pick n mix from woolies, but still.
A 1/2 price big bar of choc when you buy a newspaper
Old 20-12-2008, 01:33 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
I fear for the ladies of a ceratin age pant shop in Bexhill.
Old 20-12-2008, 01:55 PM

Ben H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA
They have a comparative cost advantage over their rivals.
Lower rents?
Old 20-12-2008, 01:56 PM

Ben H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowieslovechild
I don't think PC World is doing great at present?
That's part of DSG - Curries/Dixons etc. Yes, they do have a few problems.

JJB Sports is also in the shit - must be odds on to go bust in the new year.
Old 20-12-2008, 02:34 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE
I would be distressed if Robert Dyas was in trouble. There's definitely a need for that sort of shop in the high street.

Besides, where else could I get my J.M.L. fix?
Agreed (apart from the extraneous full stops).

Last edited by west country boy; 21-12-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 21-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Priced-out of going eagle

dreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedreamer27 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Blockbuster video.

Gonna's.
Old 21-12-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben H
Lower rents?
Can't remember if they own or lease.
Its their econs of scale & sourcing from lower cost locations.
Old 21-12-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Can't remember if they own or lease.
Its their econs of scale & sourcing from lower cost locations.
Probably lease but your second sentence is more likely to be correct.
Old 21-12-2008, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Probably lease but your second sentence is more likely to be correct.
It is correct & was why I posted that they had a CA.
Leases are the largest fixed cost & when trading i down they cause retailers to fail. The next quarter day is I think Tuesday, be interesting to see who calls in administrators then - Christmas sales made & 3 months rents to pay.
Non food retailers make ca. 40% of their profits in 6 or so weeks before Christmas
Old 21-12-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Leases are the largest fixed cost & when trading i down they cause retailers to fail. The next quarter day is I think Tuesday, be interesting to see who calls in administrators then - Christmas sales made & 3 months rents to pay.
Non food retailers make ca. 40% of their profits in 6 or so weeks before Christmas
You don't need to tell me. I think it will be carnage come January.
Old 21-12-2008, 08:24 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Yep. 24th. Going to be nasty in the first Q of next year.
Old 22-12-2008, 05:01 PM

Whittards of Chelsea (the tea people) are about to go into admin.
Old 22-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
I was in alders today, no toys on the shelves on Christmas week...
Old 22-12-2008, 05:06 PM
hockey mummy

Lizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Quote:
Whittards of Chelsea (the tea people) are about to go into admin.

I am not surprised.