Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 24-12-2008, 09:01 AM
Grateful To Paul Hart

Kevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tombinator
While you're all on here having fun speculating on the next retailer to go bust, spare a thought for the hundreds of thousands of people who work within the retail trade

Oh, and by the way, many of the guesses on here are miles wide of the mark!
You are quite right to highlight the misery faced by many in the New Year, and I for one feel for each and every person who loses their job no matter what time of year.
But there is much sadness to come if my info is true and there are as many as 15 high street retailers who won't be around in February.
(Although to be fair I don't think we have 15 retailers in our high street now!)

****Blessed are the cracked: For it is they who let in the light*****

****"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to shit his pants" - Enzo Ferrari*****
Old 24-12-2008, 10:37 AM

Kemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Zavvi staff told they have gone into administration today.

Nice timing by the administrators, Happy Christmas to all their staff. They could have waited a week.
Old 24-12-2008, 10:40 AM

Kemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Zavvi have now gone into administration.
Old 24-12-2008, 11:10 AM

Ben H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Zavvi has gone now.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 24-12-2008, 11:12 AM

Ben H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
wasn't far off with my timing...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 24-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
I was surprised when Zavvi leapt in where Virgin Megastores couldn't make it work, but from that piece it seems more an issue caused by the Woolies supply division collapsing.
Old 24-12-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE
I was surprised when Zavvi leapt in where Virgin Megastores couldn't make it work, but from that piece it seems more an issue caused by the Woolies supply division collapsing.
It was always loss making.
Old 24-12-2008, 11:18 AM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Never mind, your mortgage payments are far lower than they have ever been. More details here To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Al From Bromley; 24-12-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old 24-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Old member.

Shipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
JJb sports in eastbourne are having a massive sale at the moment, went to get my scouse mates kid a liverpool ball for xmas the other day and they didnt have any, asked a sales assistant if he could get hold of one and said that they were off down the same route as woolies and he was looking for another job.

Very sad as the other sports shops in this area are crap compared to them.
Old 24-12-2008, 11:36 AM

little dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
even boots are in serious trouble. wh smiths should turn themselves back ino a newsagent that has an awesome magazine section and cards....with maybe a few bigger stores doing stationary but honestly who goes in and buys their books cds or dvds?
Old 24-12-2008, 11:41 AM

ffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think French Connection could go

Remember your stake is 100% safe, guaranteed by me - you will NOT lose money!
Old 24-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Old member.

Shipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Such a shame about woolies though, places like addiscombe (where i grew up) and down this way Hailsham really do rely on a shop like woolies to keep the trade in the area. Rip Woolworth, thanks for the matchbox cars and pick n'mix.
Old 24-12-2008, 11:45 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by paf
I fear for the ladies of a ceratin age pant shop in Bexhill.

They should be OK, My old dear lives in Bexhill and she laps up her apple catcher knickers.
Old 24-12-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little dedders
even boots are in serious trouble.
I would be very surprised - why do you say that?
Old 24-12-2008, 12:16 PM

Dave The Eagle is finding a place in our heartDave The Eagle is finding a place in our heartDave The Eagle is finding a place in our heartDave The Eagle is finding a place in our heartDave The Eagle is finding a place in our heart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy
Are Jessops still around? If not JJB Sports, already closed Valley Park.

Long shot bet would be boots
I think all JJBs are gradually being taken over by Sports Direct, if they haven't all gone already?

Sad about Zavvi, but inevitable with their ridiculously overpriced goods - surely HMV cannot be doing too much better?
Old 24-12-2008, 12:17 PM

Dave The Eagle is finding a place in our heartDave The Eagle is finding a place in our heartDave The Eagle is finding a place in our heartDave The Eagle is finding a place in our heartDave The Eagle is finding a place in our heart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffsear
I think French Connection could go
Good shout.
Old 24-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
To recap, and consider the scale of this, the retail firms that have closed so far:
MFI
Pier
Rosebys
Woolworths
Zavvi

Understand Officers Club are seeking finance. Whittards pulled back from the brink by Private Equity. They were owned by Icelandic firm Baugur (spelling?) who also have stakes in Iceland, Hamleys, jewellery chain Goldsmiths, and high street fashion brands Karen Millen, Warehouse and Oasis. It also has a substantial share of department store House of Fraser.
Old 24-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipsisourking
JJb sports in eastbourne are having a massive sale at the moment, went to get my scouse mates kid a liverpool ball for xmas the other day and they didnt have any, asked a sales assistant if he could get hold of one and said that they were off down the same route as woolies and he was looking for another job.

Very sad as the other sports shops in this area are crap compared to them.
Hard to have sympathy with high street sports retailers
Old 24-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Oh, just seen that Oficers Club, like Whittards, went into administration but was immediately sold on. (One thing about this crisis, am learning new things - pre-pack administration was a new one on me!)
Old 24-12-2008, 12:32 PM
Old member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Hard to have sympathy with high street sports retailers
I do agree to an extent, but we have very little down this way and jjb are head and shoulders above the rest round here!