Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 25-02-2020, 07:24 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Quote:
The 14 coronavirus-stricken Americans evacuated from a cruise ship in Japan were flown back to the US on a plane full of healthy people against advice from the CDC, a report said Thursday.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention officials argued the 14 infected Diamond Princess passengers shouldnít be flown back with the 300 or so virus-free people ó but ultimately lost the battle to the US State Department, according to the Washington Post.
Shocker, 22 people aboard that plane that previously tested negative have now tested positive. I'm sure it won't stop at 22.
Old 25-02-2020, 07:36 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Shocker, 22 people aboard that plane that previously tested negative have now tested positive. I'm sure it won't stop at 22.
Agreed, but generally the foreigners put them on planes and into quarantine when they landed. That chat here was the Japanese went home when they were let off the ship. I cannot believe that is true.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 25-02-2020, 07:48 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Agreed, but generally the foreigners put them on planes and into quarantine when they landed. That chat here was the Japanese went home when they were let off the ship. I cannot believe that is true.
Yep, one lady went home on the train. A few days later she turned symptomatic. I'm not sure what your opinion of the Japanese government is, but believe me, they suck. Fukushima should have really exposed them worldwide but if this thing breaks out here because of their poor response then hopefully they get kicked in the ass. The people running the cruise ship response were all bureaucrats not medical professionals.
Old 25-02-2020, 08:13 AM

ollie_porter has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!ollie_porter has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!ollie_porter has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!ollie_porter has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!ollie_porter has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!ollie_porter has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!ollie_porter has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!ollie_porter has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!ollie_porter has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!ollie_porter has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!ollie_porter has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieEagle View Post
We'll know in 2 to 3 weeks how bad this is going to be for sure. Maybe sooner.

I'm not liking the potential for this.
We said this 2-3 weeks ago.
Old 25-02-2020, 08:41 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
TBH looks as if it is going pandemic, the fact that most people have mild symptoms and in any event are infectious before symptom show always made this a difficult one to contain. It doesn't seem to have been helped by some inept decision making at govermental level over virtually the whole world.

Judging by the number of infected Iranians being picked up in other countries it suggest there is massive unreporting of infection rates in Iran.

Delaying the spread as much as possible until a vaccine can be produced is going to be the way forward.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis

Last edited by sw16girl; 25-02-2020 at 08:45 AM.
Old 25-02-2020, 08:50 AM

wawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
TBH looks as if it is going pandemic, the fact that most people have mild symptoms and in any event are infectious before symptom show always made this a difficult one to contain. It doesn't seem to have been helped by some inept decision making at govermental level over virtually the whole world.

Judging by the number of infected Iranians being picked up in other countries it suggest there is massive unreporting of infection rates in Iran.

Delaying the spread as much as possible until a vaccine can be produced is going to be the way forward.
I think this is the only way forward. Itís far too sneaky to fully contain and we are too far gone anyway now. Bit like only trying to lose 3-0 instead of shipping 6/7 goals in at this point

Iíve bought my travel insurance now for my holiday in May just to be on the safe side.
Old 25-02-2020, 09:03 AM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Still being advised to work from home for 14 days if returning from specific areas, but seen that there is confirmed cases where the incubation period was around 27 days.
Old 25-02-2020, 09:10 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawman_15 View Post
I think this is the only way forward. Itís far too sneaky to fully contain and we are too far gone anyway now. Bit like only trying to lose 3-0 instead of shipping 6/7 goals in at this point

Iíve bought my travel insurance now for my holiday in May just to be on the safe side.
You may want to check it as most policies will not pay out for a pandemic. Its normally hidden away right at the back in the exemptions.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 25-02-2020, 09:13 AM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yep, one lady went home on the train. A few days later she turned symptomatic. I'm not sure what your opinion of the Japanese government is, but believe me, they suck. Fukushima should have really exposed them worldwide but if this thing breaks out here because of their poor response then hopefully they get kicked in the ass. The people running the cruise ship response were all bureaucrats not medical professionals.
Different PM and different party in power to Fukushima which was mainly TEPCOs fault. Wider point stands though, I think Japan is very good at disaster recovery (think last years typhoons) but not so much at disaster prevention. I guess because they are used to unavoidable disasters such as earthquakes they freeze when something preventable but unprecedented such as the Diamond Princess (going to be a fair few strippers and drag queens looking for new names now) happens.
Old 25-02-2020, 10:01 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Yep.

Ignorance of people will spread this more too. So many people say “I’ll be alright”, “it’s just a cold” and go about their day ignoring them fact they spread it to others, who spread it to others and vulnerable get it down the line.

I was at work yesterday and of the 30 or so starting about 10 were sick. Not saying corona but people don’t go sick in Northern Ireland. People that go sick are actually laughed at. When it gets over here the nhs will go into full on meltdown.

Vulnerable people will die. Ignorance will kill.

The longer that can be put off in hope of a vaccine the better the hope. They also need a no holding back campaign of education. Like the speeding adverts to shock and make people think. Tell those that are happy to spread it they are killing people and don’t sugar coat it. Right now containment seems to be asking the horse nicely to come back to the stable because we can’t catch it
Old 25-02-2020, 10:10 AM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
Quote:
You may want to check it as most policies will not pay out for a pandemic. Its normally hidden away right at the back in the exemptions.

Unfortunately true - I donít know of any travel insurer that covers pandemics
Old 25-02-2020, 10:14 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
I presume they still cover you if you are out there when it’s declared a pandemic or the government advises against travel? You are already there

If you go after that point then no way would anyone cover you surely? You take your chance and Darwin improves the gene pool
Old 25-02-2020, 11:13 AM

wawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can’t see anything the policy that says pandemic isn’t covered. The word pandemic isn’t even on the document.

Anyway it was mainly if we became too sick to travel through catching it and had to stay in the uk.
Old 25-02-2020, 11:21 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I see a thousand holidaymakers have been quarantined in a hotel in the Canaries after an Italian tourist tested positive (Expansion).
Old 25-02-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawman_15 View Post
I canít see anything the policy that says pandemic isnít covered. The word pandemic isnít even on the document.

Anyway it was mainly if we became too sick to travel through catching it and had to stay in the uk.
Think most say donít cover travel when itís advised against by the government. In the case of a genuine pandemic many places would get that status. I think China and South Korea or at least parts of them already have it
Old 25-02-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
I see a thousand holidaymakers have been quarantined in a hotel in the Canaries after an Italian tourist tested positive (Expansion).
That might be the uk dragged in. Canaries are basically THE uk winter sun spot. If the guy has symptoms and has been tested now then how many people are already infected and on the home?
Old 25-02-2020, 11:36 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
That might be the uk dragged in. Canaries are basically THE uk winter sun spot. If the guy has symptoms and has been tested now then how many people are already infected and on the home?
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Here is the article. You'll have to right click to translate if needed. Looks very worrying now.
Old 25-02-2020, 11:43 AM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Think most say donít cover travel when itís advised against by the government. In the case of a genuine pandemic many places would get that status. I think China and South Korea or at least parts of them already have it
In the case of South Korea the FCO currently advise against all but essential travel to Daegu and Cheongdo. I am due to be going to South Korea in April and one of the places we were planning to visit was Jeonju-si which is is pretty close to these towns. Naturally we will be changing our plans and steering clear of this part of the country.

At the moment we are planning on visiting Busan, Jeju and Seoul. So far we have only booked flights to and from Seoul, holding fire on booking hotels until there is a clearer idea of how the situation develops.
Old 25-02-2020, 11:53 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie_porter View Post
We said this 2-3 weeks ago.

Well it's a darn site worse now eh?
Old 25-02-2020, 12:06 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Can't see how this can be contained now.

I still don't know 100 percent:

How long the incubation period is

How you catch it

What the mortality rate is

Who is most vulnerable and why

What is the test for the virus and how accurate that test is