Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 19-04-2020, 08:03 AM
Gambler

L'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think refunds will be the only option for any games this season and to season ticket holders. This should be done with immediate effect. It would be a token gesture to fans who will be suffering financially far more than the club. Realistically there is zero prospect of fans attending games even if they did take place. The bigger worry for the club but more for football in general there is little prospect that next season will go ahead as normal, it is certain that social distancing will still be in place. How this works I am not sure but fans in stadiums will not be seen for some time.
Old 19-04-2020, 08:19 AM

HRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
It might have escaped your notices that there is a crisis going. Going to watch the games in the stadium may well not be possible.

Isn't it better to get the season done and dusted in any way possible rather than squeeking about it not being the same as going to the game, or worrying about a refund.

It's called making sacrifices.

Jesus no wonder people were fighting over loo role.

Most of you are right selfish twerps when it comes down to the core of things.

Thank feck for the nurses, doctors and bin collectors etc..

A choice of a live TV game or played behind closed doors with no access.

Nope you'll still want to see it and get your money back as well.

No better than Mike Ashley and the Premier footballers refusing to take cuts. Different scale, same problem.

Oh it's not fair. Listen to yourselves.

That's why SP and others can't be bothered with the fans. Right bunch of moaning minnies, for what a hundred quid. A hundred quid when there are nigh on a 1,000 deaths a day.

Maybe people need it for the credit they racked buying bog rolls and extra freezers.

And the club could sell the subscription to those without season tickets for extra income.

It's a solution in times of crisis. And better than nothing.

It's all hypothetical anyhow. It might get all sorted soon. Plus Sky and the likes won't allow it. Maybe Sky and partners will cover all the games.
Johnny Foreigner again
Old 19-04-2020, 08:36 AM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
It might have escaped your notices that there is a crisis going. Going to watch the games in the stadium may well not be possible.

Isn't it better to get the season done and dusted in any way possible rather than squeeking about it not being the same as going to the game, or worrying about a refund.

No better than Mike Ashley and the Premier footballers refusing to take cuts. Different scale, same problem.

That's why SP and others can't be bothered with the fans. Right bunch of moaning minnies, for what a hundred quid. A hundred quid when there are nigh on a 1,000 deaths a day.

Maybe people need it for the credit they racked buying bog rolls and extra freezers.

And the club could sell the subscription to those without season tickets for extra income.

It's all hypothetical anyhow. It might get all sorted soon. Plus Sky and the likes won't allow it. Maybe Sky and partners will cover all the games.
Bit over the top - remember that some through no fault of their own, are on their uppers financially ATM and could probably do with getting the money, back.
Personally, because me and the wife are still working through this and I have savings, I'm relaxed about any refund, as this situation is difficult for any Football club.
But if I was still working at the Airport, as I was up to 18 months ago, and would clearly be out of work now (with no furlough, I suspect), I would be asking for my ST money back.
Old 19-04-2020, 08:39 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRP View Post
Johnny Foreigner again
And? Explain it to me smart arse.

I offered a solution in a time of crisis. But you all want your cake and eat it, too. I would be more concerned about getting the chance to see some football. We are football fans after all.

Some are hard up for money, I get that. But you aren't getting that any time soon. And it is not likely to make much of a difference in the scheme of things,

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.

Last edited by PeterH; 19-04-2020 at 08:51 AM.
Old 19-04-2020, 08:44 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
If they can afford to give the players 100% of their wages then they afford to give refunds for the games missed. They can offer me credits if they like off future matches but there should be a cash refund option for those now in need.
Old 19-04-2020, 08:48 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post
Bit over the top - remember that some through no fault of their own, are on their uppers financially ATM and could probably do with getting the money, back.
Personally, because me and the wife are still working through this and I have savings, I'm relaxed about any refund, as this situation is difficult for any Football club.
But if I was still working at the Airport, as I was up to 18 months ago, and would clearly be out of work now (with no furlough, I suspect), I would be asking for my ST money back.
Yes some. I know that, but a lot aren't and a lot are supposed to be on furlough schemes.

All I see is this:

'Hey chaps with this virus we can at least show you the games on Palace TV at no additional cost to yourselves. This is only open to season ticket holders for free' 'I know it is not the same as attending the stadium, but the games are behind closed doors and at least you can see the football'

'It's not fair my son and I both have seson tickets, Stevie P can I have a voucher for 10 quid'

If the games get null and voided then the club will do right by the fans. That won't happen until Mid July earliest - and then it wil be a couple of weeks before refunds are made. Not going to help people now in the middle of April.

Do people want to watch football or not?

If there is no appetite for it, maybe the clubs should be asking the fans if the season should be cancelled. But of course the fans have no say.

Old 19-04-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
If they can afford to give the players 100% of their wages then they afford to give refunds for the games missed. They can offer me credits if they like off future matches but there should be a cash refund option for those now in need.
That's not the point. Of course they will return the money, that's without question.

I don't see what's wrong with offering a TV service if that's the only option for seeing closed doors matches.

But what you are getting is people who want to see the matches AND get their money back. That's just unreasonable in these difficult circumstances.

Actually the best option is for the games to be played behind closed doors with scores printed on ceefax and perhaps a radio link AND refunds.
There won't be any complaints from fans for not being able to watch the games, not a single complaint. After all, they have got their money back they are not entitled to see the games. LOL

People are just so thick they can't see it.

Last edited by PeterH; 19-04-2020 at 08:55 AM.
Old 19-04-2020, 08:59 AM

HRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is here
Quote:
And? Explain it to me smart arse.

I offered a solution in a time of crisis. But you all want your cake and eat it, too. I would be more concerned about getting the chance to see some football. We are football fans after all.

Some are hard up for money, I get that. But you aren't getting that any time soon. And it is not likely to make much of a difference in the scheme of things,
I wonít my money back for something I purchased and havenít received . Itís not that difficult to understand is it ? Some people have purchased 3 away games thats £90 plus cant see any home game being played with crowds in. Football clubs are keeping hold of OUR money for no reason at all. I donít hear of any other industry doing this, there is not even a process in place to claim a refund.
Old 19-04-2020, 09:00 AM

FWIW. I have never mentioned my stance on the E500 debate as a Johnny Foreigner.

But what the demands of the HF were out of order, and what SP did acceeding to those demands was a disgrace. For a clued up chap like SP I can't believe he went along with that.

I never mentioned it because heroes like HeRPes would make the same cliched comment. Thick twat.

Old 19-04-2020, 09:03 AM

Quote:
I wonít my money back for something I purchased and havenít received . Itís not that difficult to understand is it ? Some people have purchased 3 away games thats £90 plus cant see any home game being played with crowds in. Football clubs are keeping hold of OUR money for no reason at all. I donít hear of any other industry doing this, there is not even a process in place to claim a refund.
They haven't decided what to do about the games yet. How are they keeping hold of your money?

Are you suggesting they should refund now and resell the tickets if the games go ahead after all? Most airlines haven't refunded yet, have they?

If the games are shown on some form of TV would you want to watch them?

Old 19-04-2020, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Bloke living abroad has no understanding and to be honest shouldnít be allowed an opinion . ******* bellend.

You are correct football finished in March we are almost in May, how quick are the club to put a block on season tickets paid by direct debit when someone misses one payment. Imagine paying for a box or a special day out in one of the lounges . They are not cheap £300 a head , ******* outrage clubs can be allowed to get away with this. People have lost jobs or put on a furlough scheme and lost 20% of wages .

Whereís the saviour Parish now and the billionaire yanks? Itís a piss in the wind to these guys.
Old 19-04-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
They haven't decided what to do about the games yet. How are they keeping hold of your money?

Are you suggesting they should refund now and resell the tickets if the games go ahead after all? Most airlines haven't refunded yet, have they?

Refund the away tickets immediately , let them go back on sale again. Home tickets make an announcement , give fans options. If football is allowed back in June people might not want to take the risk of mixing with thousands of other people.
Old 19-04-2020, 09:09 AM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Exactly. Refunds won’t be offered until a decision is made on whether or not to finish the season. How much would it cost the club in refunds? About £2m I guess, plus miscellaneous match day income minus costs. Not an insignificant amount but less than the cost of firing an underperforming manager for example.
Old 19-04-2020, 09:20 AM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There is no way any of us will be able to watch a game at Selhurst before the start of next season, whenever that may be. The league need to make a decision on how they will complete this season. At that point I'm sure we'll get a refund.
Old 19-04-2020, 09:22 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:

Ok I went self employed Feb 13 so no help for HMRC, I stopped tard8ng on March 13th I have not had one penny. Please don’t tell me what I can can’t do or what I should or should,not expect when it does not effect or relate to you in any way.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal

Last edited by redandblue; 19-04-2020 at 09:25 AM.
Old 19-04-2020, 09:23 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:

One of the worst things about this whole situation is having to read your absolute drivel. You infect threads with it like Covid-19.
Old 19-04-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Refund the away tickets immediately , let them go back on sale again. Home tickets make an announcement , give fans options. If football is allowed back in June people might not want to take the risk of mixing with thousands of other people.
I agree with that.

But season tickets for a season that's not finished yet.

TBH It would be easier, and one less thing to worry about, if the government ordered the football authorities to void it.

I still say that if it was available on TV for free would you watch it.

Old 19-04-2020, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
One of the worst things about this whole situation is having to read your absolute drivel. You infect threads with it like Covid-19.
You don't have to read it. Are you such a twat you can't find the ignore key.

Question, a simple one, if the missing games were free to view would you watch them?

You just sniff the chance of getting an unexpected few quid back and you're grasping for it.

That money was done and dusted when you forked out for the season ticket.

Trick is, you know I'm right.

Last edited by PeterH; 19-04-2020 at 09:34 AM.
Old 19-04-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
I agree with that.

But season tickets for a season that's not finished yet.

TBH It would be easier, and one less thing to worry about, if the government ordered the football authorities to void it.

I still say that if it was available on TV for free would you watch it.
I have a season ticket home and away , anyone with internet is able to watch games for free anyway.
Old 19-04-2020, 09:40 AM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
You don't have to read it. Are you such a twat you can't find the ignore key.

Question, a simple one, if the missing games were free to view would you watch them?

You just sniff the chance of getting an unexpected few quid back and you're grasping for it.

That money was done and dusted when you forked out for the season ticket.

Trick is, you know I'm right.
A slightly bizarre viewpoint. I doubt there’s a person on here that would rather have a refund instead of the opportunity to go to the matches. The fact remains that if the matches aren’t played we are entitled to a refund, just as you are with flights, festival tickets, etc.