Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 20-05-2020, 07:40 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
What about malteasers and minstrels ? Would you “fridge” those ?

I could probably just about put up with fridged minstrels.
Maltesers are the exception to the rule, they go weird in the fridge, kind of chewy.
Old 20-05-2020, 07:41 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Yeah, I would. I wouldn't put a Toffee Crisp in the fridge but that might be the only thing....
Let’s test this then, as I’m intrigued by your Toffee Crisp admission.

Would you fridge.... a Lion Bar, Double Decker....or a Picnic ?
Old 20-05-2020, 07:43 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
Maltesers are the exception to the rule, they go weird in the fridge, kind of chewy.
They do eventually, but they're good in the fridge for a good few days. They don't last longer than that in our house.....
Old 20-05-2020, 07:43 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
Just had a bit of the green and blacks now. 70% is perfect, but I found the 85% too bitter for my taste.

They do a nice salted one as well and another salted caramel that's good. We've tried 70% with rum and raisin, licorice, and a gin one. All rank, but I like to live on the edge.

I hate dark chocolate... but sometimes I pinch a little from the wife’s bar / Easter egg, and find it puts me off the chocolate urge completely.

Great for the waistline
Old 20-05-2020, 07:49 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
They do eventually, but they're good in the fridge for a good few days. They don't last longer than that in our house.....

For many a year, I assumed they were honeycomb sweets from Malta
Old 20-05-2020, 07:50 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Let’s test this then, as I’m intrigued by your Toffee Crisp admission.

Would you fridge.... a Lion Bar, Double Decker....or a Picnic ?
I wouldn't eat a Lion Bar or a Picnic - there is simultaneously both too much and not enough going on with both of those.

Double Decker - for sure, although I might have to give it a minute before eating it. But there's nothing worse than a Double Decker that's been just a little bit in the sun.

I don't expect you to understand
Old 20-05-2020, 07:52 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Was Double Decker. Until I found out about two months ago I shouldn't be eating them.
Old 20-05-2020, 07:55 PM
Selhurst Heaven

Quote:
I wouldn't eat a Lion Bar or a Picnic - there is simultaneously both too much and not enough going on with both of those.

Double Decker - for sure, although I might have to give it a minute before eating it. But there's nothing worse than a Double Decker that's been just a little bit in the sun.

I don't expect you to understand

I will try my best to walk a mile in your shoes.
Old 20-05-2020, 07:57 PM

Quote:
I will try my best to walk a mile in your shoes.
Old 20-05-2020, 08:44 PM
Man of the weld

Pat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is herePat of the Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Toblerone has been ruined by putting greater distance between the triangles.
The ones in Andorra are still old school and really cheap
I love starbar. Marathon/snickers are a good shout when peckish..
Old 20-05-2020, 09:08 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Many chocolate bars have been ruined by getting slowly smaller

I used to love Yorkie, when it had 7 chunks, now it's a paltry 5

Good old Dairy Milk was fine till they changed the shape
Yes, this a 7 chunk Almond Yorkie, yellow packet, now that was a proper bar of chocolate
Old 20-05-2020, 09:11 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosTheFinger View Post
Assuming we're allowed to include chocolates which have been cruelly taken away from us (and which aren't bar-shaped), it has to be the much-missed Terry's White Chocolate Orange.

It wasn't just the unique taste of orange-infused white chocolate but the anticipation of waiting for its limited edition release every Christmas. Until around five years ago when it just failed to appear in any supermarket. I won't even go near a milk chocolate one out of respect.

Of currently available chocolatey products, Reese's White Peanut Butter Cups would be number 1. Sh*t very much goes down when you get those four-packs for a pound at Lidl.
As an aside mateyboy, can you still get a dark chocolate orange in bar form?
Old 20-05-2020, 09:15 PM
Keeping The Faith

Snickers is a favourite, as is boost, they used to have biscuit boost and peanut boost too, although peanut boost was very similar to the all conquering Star bar.

I've shopping coming on Friday and my sweet treat this time is Bourneville
Old 20-05-2020, 09:17 PM
Keeping The Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD View Post
No, this was in a similar wrapper to Flake, a single entity. Good try though.
Spira, or something like that..
Old 20-05-2020, 09:18 PM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
Star Bar
Old 20-05-2020, 09:24 PM
Keeping The Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Anyway, who’s gonna be the first sociopath that says Bounty?
How about a dark chocolate bounty red packet? Perfect before you go out bludgeoning
Old 20-05-2020, 09:30 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
How dense is a Boost? I like them, but eating one of them is like playing Stoke on a wet Tuesday night - you know you have been in a game.
Like celery, it takes more calories to eat than you get from eating it.

I remember once when it was super snowy and we’d been sent home from school, while we were waiting for the 157 or the 154 or whatever it was on Stafford Road I got a boost from the newsagents half way to fiveways and he’d left the box out overnight or something because it was frozen through. That took some real effort to consume
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 20-05-2020, 09:31 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
How about a dark chocolate bounty red packet? Perfect before you go out bludgeoning
I hate a milk chocolate bounty
I love a dark chocolate bounty

Which is odd.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 20-05-2020, 09:34 PM
Keeping The Faith

A milk chocolate bounty is the work of the devil
A dark chocolate bounty is heaven sent
Old 20-05-2020, 09:41 PM

glenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is here
Star Bar or a Fry's Turkish Delight for me all day long. Mind both drop chocolate like a bastard.