Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 20-05-2020, 09:44 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Yeah, I would. I wouldn't put a Toffee Crisp in the fridge but that might be the only thing....
Or a double decker. But most things work
Old 20-05-2020, 09:46 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Yes, this a 7 chunk Almond Yorkie, yellow packet, now that was a proper bar of chocolate
Don't remember those! I'm very dull I only ever liked the original
Old 20-05-2020, 10:03 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Drifters are still going strong

Sure there was an ad for Drifters using Drift Away by Dobie Gray.
Old 20-05-2020, 10:10 PM

GorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I may have posted this earlier on this thread but can't be arsed to check.

The Amazing Raisin Bar.

The best confection known to children and an easy income stream for dentists.
Old 20-05-2020, 10:19 PM

silver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Milky Way from the 60s and 70s ,my mum bless her used to put lollipop sticks in them, and put them in the freezer , and we would eat them like an ice lolly ,happy memories , but now the Milka cherry cream chocolate bar is really good.
Old 20-05-2020, 10:51 PM

Smithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Texan - the big one
Old 20-05-2020, 11:18 PM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm a chocoholic, and the fact that I now have type 2 diabetes is because of my love for it, so it's unfortunately now an avenue of pleasure that's closed to me on the basis I can't have just a little bit.

Anyway, apart from bars that have peanuts or hazelnuts (can't stand either) I reckon I've tried pretty much most of them.

First of all, Galaxy > Cadbury imho. Just a plain bar of Galaxy, or a Ripple - love it. As the advert said, "Why have cotton when you can have silk?" or something like that. That said, I do still very much like a lot of the Cadbury stuff.

In England I used to love Cabana (someone mentioned these earlier), both Bounty bars, Twix, Double Decker (eat the top off first), Toffee Crisp was also a favourite, Aero (mint, orange or just chocolate), Fry's Turkish Delight, Fry's Chocolate Cream (preferred the blue peppermint one to the green spearmint one, while the "fruit" ones weren't that good), and very many others.

But then I moved to Australia and discovered what I believe is the best chocolate bar I'd ever had: Cherry Ripe. Think Old Jamaica dark chocolate, with coconut and cherry centre:

Must be kept in the fridge - gets a bit gluggy if not. I realise that's not how chocolate is meant to be kept, should be room temperature, but I don't agree.

While not bar shaped, so technically not applicable to this thread, there's something very satisfying about an Easter egg kept in the fridge, then cracking in your mouth as you bite a bit.

Anyway, the correct answer is Cherry Ripe.
Old 20-05-2020, 11:22 PM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I forgot to mention Lindt. I used to work in an office that had a Lindt Café at ground level. NOT good! (i.e. VERY good!)

I like most of them, but especially their Coconut Intense. And, forgive the name drop, but it was Phil Oakey that got me into their Chilli bar. Just seems like a good dark chocolate for a couple of seconds then BAM! on the back of the throat.
Old 21-05-2020, 11:30 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
I hate a milk chocolate bounty
I love a dark chocolate bounty

Which is odd.
Love Dark Bounty.
Old 21-05-2020, 11:31 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
I forgot to mention Lindt. I used to work in an office that had a Lindt Café at ground level. NOT good! (i.e. VERY good!)

I like most of them, but especially their Coconut Intense. And, forgive the name drop, but it was Phil Oakey that got me into their Chilli bar. Just seems like a good dark chocolate for a couple of seconds then BAM! on the back of the throat.
The chilli bar is good. Is that the chap from The Human League?
Old 21-05-2020, 11:35 AM

clockhouse knows where the wild roses growclockhouse knows where the wild roses growclockhouse knows where the wild roses growclockhouse knows where the wild roses growclockhouse knows where the wild roses growclockhouse knows where the wild roses growclockhouse knows where the wild roses growclockhouse knows where the wild roses growclockhouse knows where the wild roses growclockhouse knows where the wild roses growclockhouse knows where the wild roses grow
If you like chilli chocolate then the South Devon Chilli Farm do a cracking range. For me a dark Bounty or Green and Blacks 85%. Fry’s peppermint cream and Mint Cracknel. Is that still out there anywhere?
Old 21-05-2020, 11:58 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
After reading this thread yesterday I've just experienced my first mars bar ice cream bar.

Loved it.

Brian Clough
Old 21-05-2020, 12:16 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Ooooh, one gem I forgot to mention, albeit not strictly a bar, that big bag of Daim pieces you can get from Purley IKEA, and some airports. Mana of the gods.

Old 21-05-2020, 12:26 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Ooooh, one gem I forgot to mention, albeit not strictly a bar, that big bag of Daim pieces you can get from Purley IKEA, and some airports. Mana of the gods.

Wife picked up a packet of these every time she went IKEA. So bloody moreish.
Old 21-05-2020, 12:34 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
After reading this thread yesterday I've just experienced my first mars bar ice cream bar.

Loved it.
They're good, but if you like nuts then Snickers ice creams are just another level.
Old 21-05-2020, 12:35 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
The Daim cakes from IKEA are top draw.
Old 21-05-2020, 12:38 PM

On the question of whether chocolate goes in the fridge or not... I would say most do, but there are some exceptions. A Bounty for example should be be stored in the bin
Old 21-05-2020, 01:01 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
They're good, but if you like nuts then Snickers ice creams are just another level.
Will buy both next time and report my findings.

**** all else to do.

Brian Clough
Old 21-05-2020, 01:01 PM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
But it was called a Snowflake?
Apparently it changed to Flake Snow in 2003 but wasn't noticed because people were still angry about the liberties taken with Marathons and Opal Fruits.
Old 21-05-2020, 01:07 PM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
As an aside mateyboy, can you still get a dark chocolate orange in bar form?
I'm not a huge fan of milk chocolate, let alone the dark side, so I don't actually know. I would guess so because Mondelez clearly hate me and every other white chocolate fan.

Actually, you've reminded me of another one of my favourites; a Gold bar. I prefer a biscuit-free Caramac but I used to wolf down Gold bars as a kid and still give them a nostalgic look during every supermarket trip.

Cheers Goldyboys,

Carlos