Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 23-05-2020, 07:11 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Watched Justice League yesterday, load of old cobblers.

And watched Four lions again, which was more fun.

Nolan's upcoming Tenet, looks promising
Old 23-05-2020, 07:17 AM
Failed lorry driver.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Ah.... Fistful of Dollars ?
Well.done, 3 points

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 24-05-2020, 12:01 AM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Secret Agent (1936)
Directed by Hitchcock, an enjoyable spy thriller with comic touches, some neat set pieces and the odd dark moment.
John Gielgud is the leading man but often gets upstaged by Madeleine Carroll and Peter Lorre. 7.5/10
Old 24-05-2020, 12:18 AM

GorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
Secret Agent (1936)
Directed by Hitchcock, an enjoyable spy thriller with comic touches, some neat set pieces and the odd dark moment.
John Gielgud is the leading man but often gets upstaged by Madeleine Carroll and Peter Lorre. 7.5/10

That really sounds like my cup of tea. Must check it out.
Old 24-05-2020, 12:32 AM

kayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
- bits of it are very good -
Were they the bits between my eyes weeping and my ears bleeding?
Old 24-05-2020, 01:21 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Leisure Seeker (Pronounced Leesure) Helen Mirren and Donald Sutherland in an end of life movie. Go travelling together for the "Final" time.

Meandering, dull, a small amount of decent light relief, very good performances by Mirren and Sutherland, in fact probably the best performance I've ever seen Sutherland give.....great scenery and a fantastic music score.

Do not watch if you don't want to be depressed, especially if your in your 60's.

Strange one, I don't know whether it's worth watching or not.... maybe. Came away with the totally driven home realisation that time is short. Still processing this movies effects on my outlook on life.

Last edited by ozzieEagle; 24-05-2020 at 01:25 AM.
Old 24-05-2020, 08:45 AM

kayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Night School 7/10

Lots of laughs. Kevin Hart is very good at his craft.
Old 24-05-2020, 10:06 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Continuing my Japanese odyssey...watched Seven Samurai last night.

That’s 3 and a half hours of my life I don’t want back.
Old 24-05-2020, 10:07 AM
Failed lorry driver.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Continuing my Japanese odyssey...watched Seven Samurai last night.

Thatís 3 and a half hours of my life I donít want back.

Old 24-05-2020, 10:10 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post

Re-read the post Maidstoned. I was trying to be clever
Old 24-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Failed lorry driver.

Ah. Gotcha. Sorry, I have a miserable child who reckons she can't watch a movie thats more than 1hr 30m....I just heard her voice in my head.

Old 24-05-2020, 10:15 AM
Selhurst Heaven

Quote:
Ah. Gotcha. Sorry, I have a miserable child who reckons she can't watch a movie thats more than 1hr 30m....I just heard her voice in my head.

I tried to play on the old cliche ďThatís a couple of hours I wonít get backĒ

I absolutely loved it. Wonderful warmth and humility throughout.

As I say, thatís 3 and half hours well spent.
Old 24-05-2020, 10:30 AM
Failed lorry driver.

Quote:

I tried to play on the old cliche “That’s a couple of hours I won’t get back”

I absolutely loved it. Wonderful warmth and humility throughout.

As I say, that’s 3 and half hours well spent.
Welcome to the world of Kurosawa.....and Seven Samurai was almost completely copied for?

You also have his adaptation of Macbeth to find and then wait until the absolute spectacle of Ran....

Old 24-05-2020, 10:33 AM
Selhurst Heaven

Quote:
Welcome to the world of Kurosawa.....and Seven Samurai was almost completely copied for?
A magnificent film
Old 24-05-2020, 10:35 AM
Failed lorry driver.

Quote:
A magnificent film
Yes, the later version with Denzel and the bloke from Guardians of the Gakaxy was amazing.

Old 24-05-2020, 10:35 AM
Selhurst Heaven

Rashomon next for me !
Old 24-05-2020, 10:37 AM
Failed lorry driver.

Old 24-05-2020, 12:29 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Then Try Throne of Blood!
Old 24-05-2020, 12:31 PM
Selhurst Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Then Try Throne of Blood!

Oooof ! Nice one
Old 24-05-2020, 02:21 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
A quiet place - decent enough way to spend 90 mins. 23/29