Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Which best describes you?
Currently in Holmesdale Lower, if rail seats (ie standing) are installed I want to be in them 155 40.26%
Currently in Holmesdale Lower - would choose a seating area if back of lower became standing 32 8.31%
Currently NOT IN Holmesdale Lower but would love to move to rail seating (standing) 113 29.35%
Not in Lower tier, and no interest in being in any standing area 68 17.66%
MOO! 17 4.42%
Voters: 385. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2018, 01:14 PM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
One of the main benefits of ‘seats with rails’ is that there is minimal chance of a dangerous incidents of standing fans toppling over each other,

such as when celebrating a goal.

This made me laugh
Old 06-11-2018, 01:16 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
Good news. Get the whole lower tier standing.
If the demand is there, then yes.

Which, of course, just emphasises the need - again - for the club to do some proper research.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 06-11-2018, 01:26 PM
Maybe It’s Maybelline?

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
There will be some people who currently will be sat at the back of the stand who will want to remain there and remain sat. However these people need to realise rail seating WILL come to the Lower Holmesdale and being at the back of the stand is the best place for it.

I currently stand at the front of the block D, but would happily move back to the rail seats if an opportunity became available (this freeing up my seat for s sitter)
Old 06-11-2018, 01:32 PM

richj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Im at the front of F and think a lot there would like to stand but they dont at the moment because you cant with people sitting behind you.

Co-commisioner NFL League 2
Old 06-11-2018, 01:32 PM
living in a bubble

Lord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
With a bit of luck, we will shortly have official endorsement from the SGSA that ALL forms of rail seating, rather than just the Spurs model, will be acceptable with immediate effect (so long as they are not locked up and hence not offering standing accommodation.)

This looks like a free run now for any clubs to start converting

My only concern is the new sports minister could be anti and try and scupper things, although it is hopefully too far down the line for any last minute meddling.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:41 PM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
Seems like a sensible approach, and maybe this might be a great way to sort the Block E / HF debacle.

I got a young son, and at away games its normal to stand and he does on a normal seat. Wonder if smaller people will be able to stand on rail seats?

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:45 PM

lee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It’s about time
Old 06-11-2018, 01:51 PM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
The poll shows 67% would stand if given the chance. .Lower Holmesdale and Arthur should just about meet demand.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:52 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flange View Post

This looks like a free run now for any clubs to start converting

Yep, sure does.

I think the Safety authority just wanted to allow it without the hassle of changing the law, as parliament is rather busy at the moment, so by classifying them as just "seats" then it has done the trick.

The Spurs model with their flip up seat on a spring look a lot nicer than the metal Ferco ones, and people will still sit on them at half time as they can't be locked closed under the new Regs.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 06-11-2018, 01:54 PM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Will Parish cough up though? I would be willing to pay an extra bit on season ticket price to get them in. ( a little bit)
Old 06-11-2018, 02:10 PM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
Perfect opportunity for the club to redeem themselves from the HF/block E debacle by resetting the whole of the Lower - standing at the back, sitting at the front. Ask everyone for their preference first and then split the stand with those percentages. Think around half the Lower currently stands and half sits so I would guess at a 50:50 split.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:17 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post
Will Parish cough up though? I would be willing to pay an extra bit on season ticket price to get them in. ( a little bit)
I would happily 'sponsor' a rail seat (and I have no desire to move to the Lower) just to see it happen.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 06-11-2018, 02:18 PM
They didn't care enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
Perfect opportunity for the club to redeem themselves from the HF/block E debacle by resetting the whole of the Lower - standing at the back, sitting at the front. Ask everyone for their preference first and then split the stand with those percentages. Think around half the Lower currently stands and half sits so I would guess at a 50:50 split.
I think there is demand for the lot to be rail seating.Parish get moving and perhaps save his reputation as a good guy.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:22 PM
living in a bubble

Lord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Yep, sure does.

I think the Safety authority just wanted to allow it without the hassle of changing the law, as parliament is rather busy at the moment, so by classifying them as just "seats" then it has done the trick.

The Spurs model with their flip up seat on a spring look a lot nicer than the metal Ferco ones, and people will still sit on them at half time as they can't be locked closed under the new Regs.
The drawback with the Spurs model, is that if/when the Govt actually allows rail seating to be used as proper standing areas, then it offers little scope for increased capacity (should such increases also be permitted in future years.)

Simply put the New White Hart Lane rail seating takes up too much room to add an extra step, which could allow up to 50 per cent more capacity in any given area.

The flat back all in one rail seat, more commonly associated with safe standing is far better future proofed in terms of one day accommodating greater numbers.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:27 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think there is demand for the lot to be rail seating.Parish get moving and perhaps save his reputation as a good guy.
Do you have any evidence for the lot to be safe standing?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't know how you (or anyone else) can know.

Why - of course - is why the club should do some proper research!

(And then maybe yes, Parish can save his reputation )

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 06-11-2018, 02:27 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
This.

Use this poll to extrapolate where the split will be.

Best word ever used in a post by me.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:28 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
This.

Use this poll to extrapolate where the split will be.

Best word ever used in a post by me.
Much that I love the word extrapolate, I don't think you can use a BBS poll as the basis for a decision like that.

On the other hand, if the club did some proper research or a survey...

Old 06-11-2018, 02:30 PM
They didn't care enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Do you have any evidence for the lot to be safe standing?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't know how you (or anyone else) can know.

Why - of course - is why the club should do some proper research!

(And then maybe yes, Parish can save his reputation )
The poll suggests it , not a reliable indicator though. It's just a gut instinct, everyone stands at away matches and that is often a good three thousand ,admittedly some are not standing through choice.
It would take no time for Parish to send out an email and ask who is interested .
Old 06-11-2018, 02:33 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
It would take no time for Parish to send out an email and ask who is interested .
Absolutely.

Old 06-11-2018, 02:49 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
In an ideal situation, the sitters should be behind the standers with a sufficient gap or barrier inbetween for safety and ability to see over the top of the standers.

The problem would be loss of seating to allow for this gap, but it is more in keeping with how much of Selhurst Park was in the 1970s with two tiers in what was the Old Stand (seating behind an enclosure) Arthur Wait (seating behind an enclosure) and the Whitehorse, which was designed to continue around from the Arthur Wait with it's upper tier curving into the AW - what actually happened was small kids (like me when I was a junior) used to sit on the retaining wall that divided the two tiers, a clear view over those standing in the lower tier on three sides of the ground.

In the modern era, this design would probably cost several thousand in lost seats to implement, but it is probably the best way to have standers not obstructing those that need/want/have to remain seated.