Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:20 AM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingForward
this is what apple recommend for hardware tests
To view the link you have to Register or Login
think you may be able to download here To view the link you have to Register or Login

Thanks vm MF, I'll give that a bash tonight
Old 21-01-2012, 09:35 AM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
thinking of getting my first ever mac, leaning toward a 13" mbp - as i will need to take it to work on occasion. Any advice? Should I get the 199 protection plan?
Old 21-01-2012, 09:43 AM

CPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef
thinking of getting my first ever mac, leaning toward a 13" mbp - as i will need to take it to work on occasion. Any advice? Should I get the 199 protection plan?
Yes I'd get the extra protection, Apple's customer service in my opinion is first class and is definitely worth it should any components fail, however you can add this on within the first year saving the need to pay all up front.

I'd also keep an eye on on the refurbished store on the Apple site, bought a Macbook Air from there and it look's brand new, just not retail boxed.
Old 21-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
He link * cough* - three years free cover plus 15% off

Old 21-01-2012, 01:57 PM

BB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is here
What is the best software to rip DVDs into MP4 format - preferably as high quality as possible?
Old 21-01-2012, 01:58 PM

BB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is here
I used to use DVD Videosoft but I don't think it is MAC compatible.
Old 21-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
while we're about it, can anyone advise me re ripping dvds to put on my son's itouch? can i do it with toast?
Old 21-01-2012, 02:10 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
leaning towards the air now because of how thin/light it is. Not sure I could spend that much for something with 256gb storage though...

Does the pro still have heat issues?
Old 21-01-2012, 04:10 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
leaning towards the air now because of how thin/light it is. Not sure I could spend that much for something with 256gb storage though...

Does the pro still have heat issues?
The Air is divine, I have the 13" model with 256Gb and 1.8GHz i7 its great. Wake from sleep is 4 secs and the finish is fantastic. Portability ace and so easy to carry around. Form factor and SSD is worth it over the MBP in my view.
Old 21-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Non T-Total

Lion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Our family PC is on it's last legs, so debating getting an iMac.

Not used one before (used a Macbook previously) so can anyone let me know their experience? Toying between spending a little extra to get the 27" model.. PC is only really used for web browser and casual gaming. Is the iMac fairly quiet? Current PC is really loud so looking to go as quiet as possible.
Old 21-01-2012, 09:38 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Bob
What is the best software to rip DVDs into MP4 format - preferably as high quality as possible?
I use Mac the ripper to rip then handbrake to convert to mp4 the copy to iTunes. If I find the odd difficult DVD then I try with WinX DVD ripper for mac.
You can choose your own setting in hand break to convert for touch iPad apple tv etc.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 21-01-2012, 09:43 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
I have an iMac. The only time I hear it is if I am doing a back up and that's from the external drive!!!! I have had mine for 7 years and it's never put a step wrong. Beginning to get a little bit frustrated with its performance now as snow leopard and all the program's are that much bigger than when I first got it. My advice is to go for as powerful as you can afford.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 21-01-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion
Our family PC is on it's last legs, so debating getting an iMac.

Not used one before (used a Macbook previously) so can anyone let me know their experience? Toying between spending a little extra to get the 27" model.. PC is only really used for web browser and casual gaming. Is the iMac fairly quiet? Current PC is really loud so looking to go as quiet as possible.

I had had PCs sine the mid 80s, sort of before PCs existed. So I was a bit nervous about moving to a Mac. I wish I had done it ten years ago. What can I say? It just works. It is intuitive and, while there are a couple of oddities, I don't regret it at all. I went for the 27inch iMac - find a student for the discount - and it is simply a fantastic bit of kit. Oh, sorry. I've just come.
Old 21-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
If your Mac is too noisy turn down speakers
Old 21-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
You could buy it from John Lewis and get two years free cover as standard. I really would recommend spending money on Apples One to One training. It's great. As many sessions with an Apple trainer as you like over a 12 month period.
Old 23-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Sonic Boom!

Malakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses grow
Hey guys - can anyone recommend a decent Mac app to convert Video into audio? I have 'handbrake' which is a great video conversion and I'd recommend that to anyone, but for audio I'm not so sure...cheers
Old 23-01-2012, 08:36 PM
substitute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang
You could buy it from John Lewis and get two years free cover as standard. I really would recommend spending money on Apples One to One training. It's great. As many sessions with an Apple trainer as you like over a 12 month period.
Thanks for the recommendation, I am probably going to get it thru apple store as my sister is a student and that means big savings!
Old 23-01-2012, 09:02 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakite
Hey guys - can anyone recommend a decent Mac app to convert Video into audio? I have 'handbrake' which is a great video conversion and I'd recommend that to anyone, but for audio I'm not so sure...cheers
I asked the same question a couple of years ago (think it was on here), I think it was suggested that I could use GarageBand which did the trick (can't remember how though).
Old 24-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Troublemaker

EdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Someone showed me something with the mac the other day, to sort it out when its slow, not seeing a peripheral, or whatever.

On startup, press Alt + Cmd + P + R

Apparently this clears out the P-Rams. He didn't know what that meant either. But its worked for me on more than one occasion.

Can anyone shed any light?
Old 25-01-2012, 09:25 AM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet