Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 14-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Mods Rule!!!

whyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Meant to say see you there on Tues!!!!!!

twitter@WhyteleafeEagle
Old 14-10-2007, 04:49 PM

jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you jamesyg0 would leap in front of a flying bullet for you
Matt Fish the old palace under 18's captain from last season was playing for Dover. How did he get on?
Old 14-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Multum in parvo

Lee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He did OK. Robbie Smith another Palace U18s captain won the Whyteleafe supporters' Player of the Month for September. Hopefully a pic in Friday's Croydon Ad.
Old 14-10-2007, 09:15 PM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Away Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Farmie
meet up in the Market Porter nr London Bridge.
Ah the memories of that boozer following the Palace to SE15
"In memory of your father, Sean" she said.
And when I put the Sam Browne on
she was smiling with the tears.
As she placed the broad black brimmer on my head.
Old 14-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Away Day Eagle
Ah the memories of that boozer following the Palace to SE15
Many of the early BBS piss ups took place in that pub, until Chocky got banned from there for vandalising the place with a stick of chalk
Old 14-10-2007, 09:20 PM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Away Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Psychokiller
Many of the early BBS piss ups took place in that pub, until Chocky got banned from there for vandalising the place with a stick of chalk
"In memory of your father, Sean" she said.
And when I put the Sam Browne on
she was smiling with the tears.
As she placed the broad black brimmer on my head.
Old 15-10-2007, 07:42 AM
Multum in parvo

Lee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Some good news over the weekend came from Worthing who were defeated at home in the FA Cup by Hampton & Richmond. Don't think for one moment that I have any preference for "Beavers" over "Rebels", if you catch my drift. The result means that Whyteleafe's 27th October fixture at Woodside Road in Worthing is now assured.

The 11th Worthing Beer Festival takes place at the Richmond Rooms, Assembly Hall, Stoke Abbott Road, Worthing on Friday 26th and Saturday 27th October. The Saturday session starts at 11am and the venue is 5 mins from Worthing Station, 10 mins from Worthing FC.

Old 15-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Mods Rule!!!

whyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
That sounds very promising + could get very messy..... Think i,l def be up for that one.

twitter@WhyteleafeEagle
Old 15-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Mods Rule!!!

If anyone is interested in some non league footy 2morw afew of us will be meeting up in the Market Porter from 6 - 6.30 before making the short trip to East Dulwich...

Leafe Leafe Leafe

twitter@WhyteleafeEagle
Old 15-10-2007, 08:31 PM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Used to go a lot before I moved over this way. My uncle does the tannoy announcing at Whyteleafe.

Got some funny songs. They sing 'We are Leafe army' to the tune of Call on me by Eric Prydz (sp?)

Also away at Tooting and Mitcham a couple of years back, I was in stitches as they were goading the uncouth home fans with their chant of 'Toot'in Toot'in', with a songful rendition of 'You know there's two t's in tooting' followed by 'There's only one effing (f in) Whyteleafe'
Old 15-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Multum in parvo

Uncle Peter?

Old 15-10-2007, 10:04 PM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Indeed
Old 16-10-2007, 08:01 AM
Multum in parvo

Peter's finest moment was particulary cold day in January when the pitch was getting harder by the minute. 'Leafe were a goal up at half-time and looking good for a win with the biggest threat to our assured victory coming from potential abandonment due to a frozen pitch.

How we laughed when Peter proceeded to play "Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow" and "Frosty the Snowman" throughout the half-time break.

Despite Peter's ill-considered subliminal messages to the referee, the match finished and we took the points.

After 120 years service, Uncle Peter finally hung up his mic at the end of the 2005/06 season. He even got a mention and a photo in the Croydon Advertiser.
Old 16-10-2007, 03:38 PM

Did he - I didn't know that. Is Danny Rose still at the club in any capacity?
Old 17-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Multum in parvo

Danny Rose is goalkeeping coach at Church Road and all round good Whyteleafe egg.

A good performance last night saw the occasionally mighty 'Leafe overcome sleeping minnows Dulwich Hamlet at the latter's Champion Hill ground. Despite going a goal down early in the first half (a rare cock-up by Rob "supergloves" Tolfrey), 'Leafe kept going and went on to win in some style in a match punctuated by heavy showers which seemed to inspire the players to score.

The travelling 'Leafe supporters added good voice to what would otherwise have been library-like stadium. Not a squeak was heard from the Dulwich end other than that familiar repetitive "come on Dulleeeeege!" from some old crone.

Onwards and upwards, seventh now and Kingstonian next.
Old 17-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Mods Rule!!!

It was a good performance last night considering in the first 10 mins we went 1-0 down + lost Ali Reeve (centre back) due to a back injury. What was really good last night was the way the Leafe support really got behind the team while losing, this really seemed to pick the boys up + after missing a few chances, we were rewarded with goals from Platel + Rivers.
It was also nice to hear from a few players in the bar after the game that they had discussed in the dressing room only a few mins earlier how much they appreciated the vocal support from the Leafe army.
Another good night following the Leafe, thanks to all the guys + girls there yesterday, really enjoyed the togetherness of the fans.

P.s I thought the shirt waving from Lee Farmie after our 2nd goal was hilarious. The question is will this be repeated in the near future over the winter months?????

Great night - Leafe Leafe Leafe

twitter@WhyteleafeEagle
Old 17-10-2007, 02:29 PM
HF*05

trippy trippy trippy trippy trippy trippy trippy trippy trippy trippy trippy
It was my first Leafe game last night, many more to come.
Old 19-10-2007, 07:59 AM
Multum in parvo

'Leafe take on second-placed former Conference "giants" on Saturday in what looks to be Dave Swindlehurst's biggest challenge yet. His pool of available players has dwindled seemingly with new injuries coming all the time.

The team coped well on Tuesday despite having an unfamiliar defence for the majority of the game - Leigh Douce and Chris O'Flaherty made their first 1st team appearances of the season - but Dulwich Hamlet were a weak, deflated and confidence-lacking shambles. Kingstonian will offer a far sterner test.

Unlike Dulwich, the K's also have a vociferous support and 'though not as big as Dover's "White Army" they're at least as passionate when their team is doing well. And doing well they are.

The last time we took on the red and white hooped double FA Trophy winning club, we came away from Kingsmeadow with an unexpected but richly deserved 3-0 victory.

Has Swindles the guile to repeat the feat with his much depleted squad?
Can 'Leafe upset the momentum Kingstonian's promotion push?
Have they paid their rent this week?
Old 20-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Mods Rule!!!

Whyteleafe 3 Kingstonian 2
A superb result, lifting us to 4th in the table, but the occassion was soured by the trademark eccentric, no check that just plain bloody crap, performance by perennial lunatic referee 'blank Frank'.

A first half in which two form teams largely cancelled each other out, bar a brilliant drive from Danny Platel, tipped over by by Garrard, was followed by a second 45 minutes of drama, fury and goals.

Literally from the kick off after the break Leafe were ahead as a hopeful lob was headed back by centre half Cartwright, past a stranded Garrard.

Next, Danny Platel scored a wonder goal, quite clearly intending to chip the keeper from wide on the left, his left footed lob going in off the post.

We sat back at that point, paying the price as the visitors pulled one back.

Blank Frank, by now totally gaga, dishing out poor decisions and ill judged cards like confetti denied a cast iron penalty as a Rivers drive was blocked by Cartwright's arm right in front of Blank's failing eyes. Nowt given.

Sam Clayton then made it 3-1 latching on to a through ball and beating Garrard from the edge of the box.

Robbie Smith was sent off for a second yellow. Having committed a foul in the first half, he was bundled over by four Kingstonian players on the edge of their box, but was adjudged to have handballed as he fell. For something he said he was shown red.

Leigh Douce then brought down a Kingstonian forward and a penalty was awarded and duly scored. Rob Tolfrey was then booked for not returning the ball, gift wrapped and with a congratulations card, to the centre spot within Blank's regulation three seconds.

Despite a ludicrous six minutes of stoppage time, in a half where neither physio came on to the pitch we hung on for a tremendous victory.

After the game Blank Frank was seen with red size 20 shoes, a bright costume and red nose getting into his car, then all four doors fell off as he threw a bucket of coloured stars over an unsuspecting passer by.

This report was on theleafe.co.uk. Had me in stiches when i read it, another great result from the Green/White army, Worthing away next Saturday...

twitter@WhyteleafeEagle
Old 22-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Multum in parvo

Potential goal of the season from Daniel "Danny" Platel on Saturday: a stunning shot that left K's keeper Luke Garrard on his knees and led to a round of "it's just like watching Brazil" (instead of the usual "it's just like watching pigswill").

Glory, glory. Up to fourth. Watch us fly.

Ready your deckchairs, Worthing, the 'Leafe Army's on it's way.

Injury crisis? What injury crisis?