Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 22-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie
Were Millwall trying to buy him then?
Yes, at the end of the window just gone. I'd heard that they already had an agreement to buy him in January. But these things must fall through fairly regularly.
Old 22-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Faaadat!

webbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham_eagle
Yes, at the end of the window just gone. I'd heard that they already had an agreement to buy him in January. But these things must fall through fairly regularly.
They made a real hefty loss last season, something like 3.8m, will they really cough up 1m for this lad? I hope not - he's really good!
Old 23-11-2010, 10:51 AM
No Nonsense Poster

GazzaM has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGazzaM has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGazzaM has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGazzaM has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGazzaM has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGazzaM has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGazzaM has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGazzaM has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGazzaM has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGazzaM has to read the song lyrics on the big screenGazzaM has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbo1990
They made a real hefty loss last season, something like 3.8m, will they really cough up 1m for this lad? I hope not - he's really good!
There is an 11m share issue being done at the moment, underwritten to the tune of 10m by the chairman and all the board taking up their allocation. So the money would be there, its a matter of the deal being right.
Old 23-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Swindon wouldn't let Austin go for anything less than 1m, I'm fairly certain of that. They love him, he loves the club, he's from the South West (having started at Poole before Swindon). He may well want to stay for the season to see if he can get them promoted. I'm sure he'd rather be in the Champ next season, and staying where his roots are, than being in the Champ next season and having to move.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 23-11-2010, 11:19 AM

drizzt will leave the TV and the radio behinddrizzt will leave the TV and the radio behinddrizzt will leave the TV and the radio behinddrizzt will leave the TV and the radio behinddrizzt will leave the TV and the radio behinddrizzt will leave the TV and the radio behinddrizzt will leave the TV and the radio behinddrizzt will leave the TV and the radio behinddrizzt will leave the TV and the radio behinddrizzt will leave the TV and the radio behinddrizzt will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky
Swindon wouldn't let Austin go for anything less than 1m, I'm fairly certain of that. They love him, he loves the club, he's from the South West (having started at Poole before Swindon). He may well want to stay for the season to see if he can get them promoted. I'm sure he'd rather be in the Champ next season, and staying where his roots are, than being in the Champ next season and having to move.
Actually he was born and bred in Hungerford and was rejected by Reading as a youngster, he only moved to Poole a shortwhile before playing for them.
Old 23-11-2010, 11:33 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Swindon are lower half of the table and therefore a promotion push seems highly unlikely given the strength of those in the top half of the table.
Old 23-11-2010, 12:02 PM

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo
Swindon are lower half of the table and therefore a promotion push seems highly unlikely given the strength of those in the top half of the table.
They started off bad but have been improving. Unbeaten in 4.

I think Austin was injured at the start of the season

Old 23-11-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt
Actually he was born and bred in Hungerford and was rejected by Reading as a youngster, he only moved to Poole a shortwhile before playing for them.
Hungerford is quite near Swindon, no?

Old 23-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Professional Cynic

ChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Hungerford is quite near Swindon, no?
Only 5 miles.

I reckon he'll go but to a wealthier Championship club than us. Somewhere like Leicester, perhaps.
Old 23-11-2010, 01:56 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
They started off bad but have been improving. Unbeaten in 4.

I think Austin was injured at the start of the season
Out for almost a month Sept-Oct, missed 5 games, and has 8 goals in the 12 he has played.

Difficulty is on that league it is sometimes harder to bridge the gaps, They are only 6 points off the play-offs but they have Mk Dons, Huddersfield and Perterborough (as well as others) between them and 6th and they will all be hoping they might break a top 6 containing Saints, Bournemouth, Sheff Ed, Charlton and leaders Brighton. Its a tough ask and a lot of that pressure is on Austin, but they have only won once since his return and he has been scoring goals. 1 win in 6 is not great and their form without Austin was actually better i think.

Question for them will be when to cash in.
Old 23-11-2010, 01:59 PM

well, I think they did the same last year. Started quite slow and made it into the play offs. They're a great little club with great fans, so it would need to be right for him to move

Old 23-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo
Out for almost a month Sept-Oct, missed 5 games, and has 8 goals in the 12 he has played.

Difficulty is on that league it is sometimes harder to bridge the gaps, They are only 6 points off the play-offs but they have Mk Dons, Huddersfield and Perterborough (as well as others) between them and 6th and they will all be hoping they might break a top 6 containing Saints, Bournemouth, Sheff Ed, Charlton and leaders Brighton. Its a tough ask and a lot of that pressure is on Austin, but they have only won once since his return and he has been scoring goals. 1 win in 6 is not great and their form without Austin was actually better i think.

Question for them will be when to cash in.
He's young, a goalscorer and has only recently stepped up from non-league.

One more step-up, into a young team that plays good football could only do him good.
Old 23-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristalPalace
Only 5 miles.

I reckon he'll go but to a wealthier Championship club than us. Somewhere like Leicester, perhaps.
We're pretty bloody wealthy.

If you look at the wage money wasted on Counago, Obika, Bennett and Gardner (and i'm just talking about injuries), you could cover Austin's wage and a decent amount of the fee with that money.
Old 23-11-2010, 05:39 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
If it pisses off the rodneys from up the road then Palace should make a bid.

That and he looks like he could be a good player as well.
Old 23-11-2010, 09:19 PM

Redhill Massive has only gone and bought a jumbotronRedhill Massive has only gone and bought a jumbotronRedhill Massive has only gone and bought a jumbotronRedhill Massive has only gone and bought a jumbotronRedhill Massive has only gone and bought a jumbotronRedhill Massive has only gone and bought a jumbotronRedhill Massive has only gone and bought a jumbotronRedhill Massive has only gone and bought a jumbotronRedhill Massive has only gone and bought a jumbotronRedhill Massive has only gone and bought a jumbotronRedhill Massive has only gone and bought a jumbotron
He is a great prospect young Charlie but Swindon are sure to be looking for at least 1m for him. Vaughan is a far more likely signing.
Old 23-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Chamakh's Hairdresser

rhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhill Massive
He is a great prospect young Charlie but Swindon are sure to be looking for at least 1m for him. Vaughan is a far more likely signing.

^^^

And vaughan's proving to score at this level, I belive Austin would aswell but it's a risk that people may not be willing to take considering we're looking to pay a fair bit for scoring Vaughny.

Follow me on http://http://twitter.com/RyWalCP
Old 23-11-2010, 10:40 PM
It's obscene

cpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Vaughan compared to austin, no contest at all.
Old 23-11-2010, 10:50 PM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcben
Vaughan compared to austin, no contest at all.
Or both. Would be good to have some strength in depth up front rather than just Vaughan and Zaha.
Old 23-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Occasional Member

PJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Millwall turning their attentions to Josh McQuoid now.

Wouldn't mind seeing us go for him - he's having a great season so far.
Old 24-11-2010, 02:01 AM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
something in the region of 600,000 with a sell on clause could well be tidy buisness