Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket
I believe their owners (hedge fund owners) are short of cash and need to get rid
Snap.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:14 AM
It's lit bruh!

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Very sad news, if true. Like other posters on here, have always had a soft spot for Cov - punched above their weight for a long time
Old 11-02-2011, 10:16 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins
It's funny how experience shapes people - some of you have said, admirably, that after what we went through, you'd wish it on nobody. I wish I could feel that way. After our experience, I am desensitised to it and as such, I couldn't care less who else goes in to admin. My first thought is then losing 10 points would be good for us.
Yes, that was my first thought, but I reminded myself how I felt when it happened to us, and I wouldn't wish that on *any football fan.

*Apart from Chelsea/Man Utd/Spurs fans
Old 11-02-2011, 10:19 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins
It's funny how experience shapes people - some of you have said, admirably, that after what we went through, you'd wish it on nobody. I wish I could feel that way. After our experience, I am desensitised to it and as such, I couldn't care less who else goes in to admin. My first thought is then losing 10 points would be good for us.

I feel the same, many clubs will follow and I suspect most will survive, the only positive that can come out of it all is that true fans will have a club to support and hopefully with a secure future ahead.

If we or others survive due to another clubs points deduction, then so be it.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:19 AM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Bad camera angle on Willie Carr's free kick, but wait for the replay.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:20 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEPEEEFFSEE
If they do go into admin I think that'll be curtains for them. We had bags of fight about us last season but I fear they wouldn't have that! Would also open up a huge relegation battle!
We were looking possibilities for the play-offs when admin and a 10 point penalty hit us, and we know what happened. They are already looking like they could get involved in the relegation battle.

A 10 point deduction would put them immediately into the bottom 3 and the form they are in and a confidence hit like that would be a massive blow. They would be 3rd from bottom but having played 2/3 games more than Preston and Scunthorpe, and a game more than Sheff Utd above them. We are the lowest side to have played 30 games (like Cov) and we would be 5 points clear, and that could be 8 on Saturday.

If the go into admin i think it would be a reasonably safe bet on them Preston and Scunny going down. We would be very unlikely to drop IMO if it happens and we beat them tomorrow.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:23 AM

Archiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Coventry and Palace have followed each other around for many years. They must be one of the teams that we have played most in our history. Be a shame if they followed us down the admin route, but if they get -10 that does help us now. Not fair on the fans though.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
I quite like COv, however, what colours this is the fact that Aidy Bothroyd i the manager and they signed Marlon King. Still, I shouldn't let that get in the way of the fact that I quite the club and would be sad to see them in trouble.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse
Snap.
You are a hedge fund owner, or short of cash, or indeed, both?
Old 11-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Sports Therapist BSc

pops for prez is playing with this bow and arrowpops for prez is playing with this bow and arrowpops for prez is playing with this bow and arrowpops for prez is playing with this bow and arrowpops for prez is playing with this bow and arrowpops for prez is playing with this bow and arrowpops for prez is playing with this bow and arrowpops for prez is playing with this bow and arrowpops for prez is playing with this bow and arrowpops for prez is playing with this bow and arrowpops for prez is playing with this bow and arrow
They have a very good youth setup, I had the pleasure of working there over the last 2 years and met some very good youngsters breaking through atm. I hope they don't cut the funding there as they have superb facilities.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:31 AM
A Poor Boy

Zohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Thier fans do not appear to be taking it very seriously on their message boards. Although interesting comment about Marlon King going on loan to Newcastle..
Old 11-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket
I quite like COv, however, what colours this is the fact that Aidy Bothroyd i the manager and they signed Marlon King. Still, I shouldn't let that get in the way of the fact that I quite the club and would be sad to see them in trouble.
I've never forgiven Boothroyd for the Watford away incident.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:45 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohar Returns
Thier fans do not appear to be taking it very seriously on their message boards. Although interesting comment about Marlon King going on loan to Newcastle..
How can he go on loan to Newcastle? Shows the level of knowledge.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo
How can he go on loan to Newcastle? Shows the level of knowledge.
I thought I read that Newcastle couldn't loan a player from the Premier league... doesn't that suggest they could sign someone on loan from the Championship? I did think before hearing that though that Prem clubs couldn't sign pretty much anyone full stop though, apart from an emergency loan (like Blackpool are trying to do for a GK).

Personally, I agree with the sentiments about not wishing admin on other teams, but also can't help but feel it would be good for us
Old 11-02-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy!
I thought I read that Newcastle couldn't loan a player from the Premier league... doesn't that suggest they could sign someone on loan from the Championship? I did think before hearing that though that Prem clubs couldn't sign pretty much anyone full stop though, apart from an emergency loan (like Blackpool are trying to do for a GK).
Indeed.

Beattie is apparently a possibilty for playing in goal this weekend due to their keeper issues. In the Premiership, outside the window you cannot bring loans in. You need special circumstances for it to be considered - all 3 goalkeeper injured is about all you would get it for, once again GK's are treated seperately.

They signed Kuqi as he was without contract on the 31st January so can be registered outside the window. It is against the Premier League rules and regulations for King to be able to go there.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:56 AM

SteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by C4Eagle
This seems to have come out of the sky blue a bit, but really feel for them.
EFA
BBS NFL Fantasy Keeper League Champion 2015/16
Old 11-02-2011, 10:57 AM

leicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nothing on our board,this is the first iv'e heard of it,
I don't want to see Cov in administration as i'd prefer a level playing field against them and to me they ar'nt close rivals and nowhere near Forest/Derby and a couple of others when you look at grudge games.

Not sure how lads from out Hinckley way will view it though.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:04 AM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Are they struggling to pay for the ground still?
Old 11-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Red with brass buttons

They are indeed struggling to pay rent on the ground. Apparently they need in the region of 25k fans to make economic sense and they are pulling in about 14k
Old 11-02-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random*
Are they struggling to pay for the ground still?
No they don't own it. If you mean the rent, then yes and they always will while they are not in the Premiership.