Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 22-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naboo View Post
Because he came through the academy of a premier league team it means he is better than jonny because he came though the academy of a championship side? Bannan barely kicked a ball for villa last year which is why he left.
He has played over 80 games for Villa, nearly all in the Premier League

So has vastly more experience at a higher level than JW
Old 22-09-2013, 05:18 PM

PALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pardew's shorts View Post
Don't really get the love, to be honest (based on this one game).

Ran around a lot and gave the ball away a lot.

Jonny is a million times better
This is simply deluded.

People do get funny when it comes to Williams. He is a good young prospect, no doubt, but he is very over rated by some.
Old 22-09-2013, 05:19 PM

Kuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I thought he was a mascot when the players were on the pitch
Old 22-09-2013, 05:19 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
he's small and he runs around. But there the comparison with Joniesta ends. For me, he didn't show anything like the same level of technical ability as Joniesta. He'll be decent for the Championship, but I find myself with more questions than answers after that performance by Bannan.

But of course he'll be lauded for his workrate by the masses on here. I'm not going to write him off but he'll need to produce more than that to win me over.
Old 22-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Made in SE19

NorwoodPride : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorwoodPride : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorwoodPride : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorwoodPride : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorwoodPride : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorwoodPride : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorwoodPride : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorwoodPride : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorwoodPride : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorwoodPride : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorwoodPride : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Great performance from the little guy.

Groomed, no less, by the great Side-o himself ... THREE FIFTY YER PROGRAMMES!!!
Old 22-09-2013, 05:21 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
He has played over 80 games for Villa, nearly all in the Premier League

So has vastly more experience at a higher level than JW
less potential, I agree
Old 22-09-2013, 05:22 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al From Bromley View Post
Bannan's very like Johnny Williams, only better at this level.
Agreed, best player we had today.

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuqi32 View Post
I thought he was a mascot when the players were on the pitch
You should be grateful Bobby Bowry retired all those years ago
Anders

lowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Agreed GF, well said. He needs to show a lot more to be better than JW.
Old 22-09-2013, 05:23 PM

pardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is here
This thread again shows that, to me, I think a lot of Place fans massively underestimate the qualities Jonny has. Another unvalued academy player perhaps? People massively undervalued Routledge, Moses, Watson...

All being well with injuries, touch wood, Jonny will play for a top, top Champions League team and will win 50+ Wales caps. When he's back watch him carefully - his technique, football intelligence and spacial awareness is outstanding. This is a guy who ran the show against Scotland and Croatia.

There are elements of his game that need work, but he's 19. Again, perhaps people expecting finished articles before players are 20.

Ask coaches or scouts or pundits who is better out of Bannan and Williams. I think it's sad people get more excited about a Villa reserve than perhaps our greatest ever graduate.
Old 22-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Take your head out of every academy player arse and see that players can be better than them
You didn't go ?
Old 22-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
I'm not going to write him off but he'll need to produce more than that to win me over.
How kind of you not to write him off after sixty minutes.

I'm sure he will be gutted however that he needs to do more for you.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 22-09-2013, 05:27 PM

pardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is here
Comes back to the mentality of Palace fans/British football fans in general.

So often over the years we've seen flair players treated with suspicion, whilst guys who throw themselves into tackles and/or say nice things about the club and the fans are lauded. Michael Hughes was vastly more popular at Palace than Wayne Routledge. What does that tell you?

Similarly, how may times do the crowd start to moan when we keep the ball in defensive areas, crying out for a long ball which will inevitably come to nothing.

You'll miss Jonny when's he's gone. You really need to appreciate and enjoy him.
Old 22-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
This thread again shows that, to me, I think a lot of Place fans massively underestimate the qualities Jonny has. Another unvalued academy player perhaps? People massively undervalued Routledge, Moses, Watson...

All being well with injuries, touch wood, Jonny will play for a top, top Champions League team and will win 50+ Wales caps. When he's back watch him carefully - his technique, football intelligence and spacial awareness is outstanding. This is a guy who ran the show against Scotland and Croatia.

There are elements of his game that need work, but he's 19. Again, perhaps people expecting finished articles before players are 20.

Ask coaches or scouts or pundits who is better out of Bannan and Williams. I think it's sad people get more excited about a Villa reserve than perhaps our greatest ever graduate.
unvalued

is that even a word?

Greatest ever graduate is some talk
Old 22-09-2013, 05:29 PM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naboo View Post
Because he came through the academy of a premier league team it means he is better than jonny because he came though the academy of a championship side? Bannan barely kicked a ball for villa last year which is why he left.
If he was rubbish he wouldn't have had played over 50 games in the PL at such a young age.

Williams so far has come off the bench numerous times this season and doesn't look ready yet and got bullied against stronger, quicker and smarter players, Bannan you can see can handle it and was the only player today who can come away with some credit

Last edited by Danny boy; 22-09-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 22-09-2013, 05:33 PM

PALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

The fact you think it is 'sad' people happen to think someone is more ready than Williams shows what your opinion is based on - emotion.

Who expects him to be the finished article? Has anyone said that?

I don't think he will be our greatest ever graduate, but that's my opinion. Slagging people off because they don't agree with you, shows how it is difficult to discuss Williams without people getting a bit too emotional. After seeing the amount of stick Zaha took on here over the years, it confuses me why people are so touchy over Williams.
Old 22-09-2013, 05:33 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEFAN View Post
This is simply deluded.

People do get funny when it comes to Williams. He is a good young prospect, no doubt, but he is very over rated by some.
They look and play the exact same...
Old 22-09-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Comes back to the mentality of Palace fans/British football fans in general.

So often over the years we've seen flair players treated with suspicion, whilst guys who throw themselves into tackles and/or say nice things about the club and the fans are lauded. Michael Hughes was vastly more popular at Palace than Wayne Routledge. What does that tell you?

Similarly, how may times do the crowd start to moan when we keep the ball in defensive areas, crying out for a long ball which will inevitably come to nothing.

You'll miss Jonny when's he's gone. You really need to appreciate and enjoy him.
I think you need to stop putting words in people's mouths. No-one is treating Williams with suspicion.

You are just getting a bit funny because a few people don't think he is as good as you do.
Old 22-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Don't really get the love, to be honest (based on this one game).

Ran around a lot and gave the ball away a lot.

Jonny is a million times better.
He was most peoples Palace MOM, after an abject team display, and on his debut

Whether Williams is better or not is moot as he is long term injured so Bannan isnt taking his place in the squad
Old 22-09-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
unvalued

is that even a word?

Greatest ever graduate is some talk
Undervalued. A typo.

You don't even use capital letters or full stops in the right place.

He has all the tools to be the greatest, for sure.