Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 16-02-2017, 01:05 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
As classy as those who don't believe Mandanda is injured or not having sympathy if he's struggling to adapt to moving abroad and criticising him for it.

JAT
I believe he is injured and as GrayP41ace pointed out that there have been updates. I hadn't seen them but I don't like to see any of our players injured so I'm glad he is making progress.

I even have a little sympathy if he is struggling to adapt to live in the UK. If the latter is happening perhaps it is better if he moved back to France.
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 16-02-2017, 01:07 PM

hdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He resumed training last week but who knows how long it will be before he is back in first team contention.

Jules has also had an injury which he picked up after being recalled to the team against Bolton.
Old 16-02-2017, 01:43 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
The physio at our club at that time version! You know better?
The Club reported his sore knees and no game or training injury was reported at that time...Steveeeee reported back from international Duty sore and unfit to play.
Without wanting to go over this with you again, I still have doubts, not what you were told, but the validity of it, as professional athletes would be taking an incredible risk having surgery on a key part of their body, for nothing other than an excuse not to play, with the best will in the world, that seems a highly unlikely route?

I could suggest many other ways of legitimately getting out of it due to homesickness, mental health, stress related instances, that are perfectly reasonable 'justifications', and even correctly covered up by the club if required. Of which should be kept within the club.

I just find the whole, physio says he's perfectly fine, but he then goes and has surgery just to get out of playing, frankly bonkers.

I think it's far more reasonable to think somebody made a mistake, or that a precautionary op at best was agreed by all parties, than he did it all off his own back to skip games. Either way, the club and player agreed with the procedure, the 'doesn't fancy it' is pretty unprofessional from a club employee.
Old 16-02-2017, 01:50 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
Without wanting to go over this with you again, I still have doubts, not what you were told, but the validity of it, as professional athletes would be taking an incredible risk having surgery on a key part of their body, for nothing other than an excuse not to play, with the best will in the world, that seems a highly unlikely route?

I could suggest many other ways of legitimately getting out of it due to homesickness, mental health, stress related instances, that are perfectly reasonable 'justifications', and even correctly covered up by the club if required. Of which should be kept within the club.

I just find the whole, physio says he's perfectly fine, but he then goes and has surgery just to get out of playing, frankly bonkers.

I think it's far more reasonable to think somebody made a mistake, or that a precautionary op at best was agreed by all parties, than he did it all off his own back to skip games. Either way, the club and player agreed with the procedure, the 'doesn't fancy it' is pretty unprofessional from a club employee.
Come on now, you mustn't let common sense get in the way
Old 16-02-2017, 02:06 PM

Mr Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It must be hard adapting to life in England after moving from France. I think it's reasonable to pay him £55k per week to sit on the sidelines and contemplate his life, the universe and other existential questions.
Old 16-02-2017, 03:23 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
It must be hard adapting to life in England after moving from France. I think it's reasonable to pay him £55k per week to sit on the sidelines and contemplate his life, the universe and other existential questions.
Without your friends and family it probably is hard? We've also paid more for people who have provided a lot less too
Old 16-02-2017, 03:58 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
From memory he was injured while on international duty. Doesn't that mean the French have to pay compensation while he is out? Perhaps there is one positive on the money front?
Old 16-02-2017, 04:17 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by evvo111 View Post
I believe he is injured and as GrayP41ace pointed out that there have been updates. I hadn't seen them but I don't like to see any of our players injured so I'm glad he is making progress.

I even have a little sympathy if he is struggling to adapt to live in the UK. If the latter is happening perhaps it is better if he moved back to France.
Wasn't aimed at you, but plenty doubt his injury, or refuse to show any sympathy.

Some have even got involved where they're claiming they've been told by the club physio what's going on.
Old 16-02-2017, 04:39 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Wasn't aimed at you, but plenty doubt his injury, or refuse to show any sympathy.

Some have even got involved where they're claiming they've been told by the club physio what's going on.
We were all told if you had listened at the time..
Old 16-02-2017, 04:41 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
From memory he was injured while on international duty. Doesn't that mean the French have to pay compensation while he is out? Perhaps there is one positive on the money front?
Did he play on the French duty cos an injury wasn't reported just sore and unavailable...No chance the French FA are paying his wages sadly!
Old 16-02-2017, 05:31 PM

Mr Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
Without your friends and family it probably is hard? We've also paid more for people who have provided a lot less too
Come on, it's hardly as if the cultures are that different. It's not as if he's moved from the Maldives and can't see his family ever. He's paid to do a job and needs to start doing it. I'm desperate for him to get back in the first team as we badly need him.
Old 16-02-2017, 05:36 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
He's playing in a training match on the eagles website, so can't be too far off.
Old 16-02-2017, 05:48 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
TBH I'd think London less of a culture shock than Paris for someone from Marseile.
Old 16-02-2017, 05:50 PM

grand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Come on, it's hardly as if the cultures are that different
Quote:
. It's not as if he's moved from the Maldives and can't see his family ever. He's paid to do a job and needs to start doing it. I'm desperate for him to get back in the first team as we badly need him.
If you had ever lived in France, you would know that the cultures are indeed very different.....probably wouldnt notice on a day trip to Calais but trust me, living here is very very different
Old 16-02-2017, 05:51 PM
Hadron Collider

Simular value for money that Bakary Sako has been..Free transfer then sat on the books at over 100k per week between them!
Old 16-02-2017, 05:59 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST View Post
TBH I'd think London less of a culture shock than Paris for someone from Marseile.
Especially given( London ) it's Frances 7th biggest city population wise.
Old 16-02-2017, 06:30 PM

James SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Looks fit to me
Old 16-02-2017, 06:33 PM
Hadron Collider

Don't the AW burgers come in a Brioche bun? Home from Home!
Old 16-02-2017, 06:43 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Especially given( London ) it's Frances 7th biggest city population wise.
It's more of a Marseille thing. It's basically Liverpool in the sun with the grimness that entails. France has its regional variations like the UK but like the scousers Marseille seems to identify as somehow different and apart. I have no idea if this is germane to the discussion but surely he can go round Flamini's for some pastis and bouillabaisse if necessary. If it's more a locality issue maybe he should go to Nice.

In short I don't really buy this 'homesickness' issue. I'm not sure where it came from and I don't believe it's true. I wouldn't want to live in Marseille and can't believe that anyone would be that attached to it.
Old 16-02-2017, 06:56 PM

Sodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wouldn't mind living in Marseille!