Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MOM?
Guaita 5 0.77%
Wan-Bissaka 113 17.30%
Tomkins 23 3.52%
Sakho 197 30.17%
van Aanholt 2 0.31%
McArthur 5 0.77%
Schlupp *** 53 8.12%
Milivojevic 6 0.92%
Townsend 22 3.37%
Ayew ** 152 23.28%
Benteke * 55 8.42%
Sako *** 5 0.77%
Batshuayi ** 11 1.68%
Meyer * 4 0.61%
Voters: 653. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2019, 06:58 PM

palace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
I thought they were shit from start to finish
Perhaps our tactics made them look that way. They buried Brighton last week.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:02 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I guess that's the only way we will win at home then? I don't think we need to give so much respect to shit teams like Fulham. They were awful.

Hopefully this will change now he has so many good forward options. It has to be Wilf and Townsend wide and Benteke and Batshuayi up front. Lovely.
It's a nice predicament but what you going to do with Ayew. He's been awesome and added a lot over the last few matches.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:03 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace_burger View Post
Perhaps our tactics made them look that way. They buried Brighton last week.
and for that I'll be forever thankful.

I voted for AWB but culd easily have been Sakho or Ayew.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:05 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Sakho I think - although I wish he could stop missing sitters!
Old 02-02-2019, 07:07 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Was today a premiership record for a team with the most blond braids?
Should be able to beat it when Wilf returns.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:08 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Sakho I think - although I wish he could stop missing sitters!
Needs to stop trying to glance the header in the corner for a while. 3? 4? Sitters this season now?

He’ll get chances like that, he’s doing well to find the space and attack it.. just power the bastard on target until he gets his mojo back. Might beat the keeper, might get a deflection, might bounce back to a palace player... won’t be a goal kick like these have been
Old 02-02-2019, 07:09 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
PVA remains the weak link in the back four, needs competition.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:09 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Weird, lotta people saying Schlupp was good today. I thought he looked off the pace for most of the match and the goal was the only time he got into a good position.

Taking Benteke off for Meyer was really odd. Macca was poor and should have gone off instead.
He was a threat, making good direct runs all game. Something we have ofteb lacked at home - some willing to burst in to the box.

Meyer sub worked I think. We smothered them in midfield.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 02-02-2019 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:10 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
It's a nice predicament but what you going to do with Ayew. He's been awesome and added a lot over the last few matches.
Sub. Nice to bring on but he's not going to get us goals. A forward line of Benteke and Batshuayi in a 4-4-2 or Townsend and Wilf either side of Batshuayi in a 4-3-3 is surely the way to go.

He played very well today so credit to him. Nice to have some decent options.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:10 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Interesting game. A very conservative first half where Wilf's effortless magic was sorely missed.

Still we looked solid bar a dreadful Mitrovic miss. Encouragingly, Benteke looked sharp and lively and his presence won us a penalty and he nearly doubled our lead with a wonderful attempt on goal.

Second half was more open and we looked far the more likely side until Benteke was taken off and the initiative was handed to Fulham for 15minutes.

But Batman came to our rescue and Sakary also came Backo to further cheer a jubilant Selhurst.

Mac and PVA 5
Tomkins, Luka, Guita, Ayew, Meyer,6
Schlupp, Townsend, Benteke, AWB, Batman 7
Sakho 8

Last edited by adrenalin john; 02-02-2019 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:11 PM

Keith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Where was Sako when Mitrovic had a free header standing behind him.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:11 PM
I'm thinking about it

Said all season, when I felt like the only poster who wanted us to keep Ayew, that I wouldn't judge him until he has a proper striker to play off of.

Although he's been doing better in the lone role recently too.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:15 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
He had 3 or 4 shots on target today, i would challenge anyone to find a better stat all season. People think Meyer should be starting instead of him, but i saw with my own eyes today who was more effective of the 2.
But he ALWAYS gives the ball away in dangerous positions.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:16 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Sakho or ayew but Benteke also played well
Old 02-02-2019, 07:17 PM
My source from Ocean Park

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Like the set up Benteke in the middle and Ayew buzzing around so much energy from him.

Does Wilf just walk straight in?

Nice turn and shot from Batman, that's something we didn't have.

Not the best side out there with their championship defence but to get to 38points they now need 21 from 13, that ain't happening. 2 relegation place booked.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:18 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Wilf absolutely walks straight in. Imagine him on the left today. We'd have destroyed them.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:19 PM
My source from Ocean Park

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Weird, lotta people saying Schlupp was good today. I thought he looked off the pace for most of the match and the goal was the only time he got into a good position.

Taking Benteke off for Meyer was really odd. Macca was poor and should have gone off instead.
Just trying close the game down I think. Extra midfielder, seems logical.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:20 PM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
pva is our week link. Schlup would be even worse at left back. all is forgiven when he scores but as a Defender he is poor.

Just need a left footed awb to come through the academy soon.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:34 PM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by little dedders View Post
I thought Ayew was fantastic
Amazing what happens when you a play a player in his proper position. (In this case Ayew as a second striker)
Old 02-02-2019, 07:36 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Jordan Ayew was my man of the match great performance... Aaron and Mamadou also fantastic!