Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-02-2019, 10:30 AM

Robin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
A complete OTT reaction. Although I don't surf every opponent forum, it'e been like it for years and never heard of any/many complaints other than the view from behind the posts are a git.

I had a season ticket in there for years as a kid when we were in the old Div one in early nineties and never once had a problem. If there is a problem, I would say it's their fans barging into areas they wanted rather than staying in their allocated area.

And Palace fans never do that of course.
Old 13-02-2019, 11:23 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
[/COLOR]

And Palace fans never do that of course.
I didn't say we didn't, although I've never experienced it away from home I have to say. Maybe I've just never been in a position that others wish to take over.

The point is, if they stuck to where they should be, the match day would be a lot better for all concerned.

You can have a four bedroom house, but if all four occupants decide they all kip in the same room and bed, they're not gonna get a comfortable night's kip.
Old 13-02-2019, 03:08 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Not sure we should be bothered what West Ham fans think of our away facilities in the slightest.

Anyone who has travelled to Upton Park to watch Palace will know they had a tiny concourse and the facilities were amongst the worst in the Premier League.

The Taxpayer's Stadium is hardly the lap of luxury either. No matter how cramped they may feel the AW is - at least when it rains, you won't get wet on the concourse, which does happen at Stratford as the covering outside the the seating has loads of gaps - again for the size of one of Britain's newest sports venues, the facilities are nothing special either.

Of course the AW is not fit for purpose, but let's not beat ourselves up about it. It was built as a mainly standing enclosure in 1969, in the 50 years since, Palace have spent 37 years outside the top flight, with the ground capacity never close to being challenged apart from that night in 1979 when over 52,000 turned up.

The redevelopment of the Arthur is a major rebuild as the entire site would have to be dug out involving removing thousands of tons of soil, that's after demolishing what is there already. As a former AW season ticket holder for over 10 seasons (I moved a couple of seasons after it became all seater circa 1991/92), I appreciate it is now easily the most uncomfortable part of the ground, but the fact remains that up until 2013, as crap as it always was, there was plenty of room for our usual sub 18,000 gates - Palace are in unchartered waters of having full capacity for only the past six seasons out of 114.

Pandering to the away support should definitely be last on our list of priorities, especially if it comes to the type of morons who follow West Ham.
Old 13-02-2019, 03:13 PM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
Not sure we should be bothered what West Ham fans think of our away facilities in the slightest.

Anyone who has travelled to Upton Park to watch Palace will know they had a tiny concourse and the facilities were amongst the worst in the Premier League.

The Taxpayer's Stadium is hardly the lap of luxury either. No matter how cramped they may feel the AW is - at least when it rains, you won't get wet on the concourse, which does happen at Stratford as the covering outside the the seating has loads of gaps - again for the size of one of Britain's newest sports venues, the facilities are nothing special either.

Of course the AW is not fit for purpose, but let's not beat ourselves up about it. It was built as a mainly standing enclosure in 1969, in the 50 years since, Palace have spent 37 years outside the top flight, with the ground capacity never close to being challenged apart from that night in 1979 when over 52,000 turned up.

The redevelopment of the Arthur is a major rebuild as the entire site would have to be dug out involving removing thousands of tons of soil, that's after demolishing what is there already. As a former AW season ticket holder for over 10 seasons (I moved a couple of seasons after it became all seater circa 1991/92), I appreciate it is now easily the most uncomfortable part of the ground, but the fact remains that up until 2013, as crap as it always was, there was plenty of room for our usual sub 18,000 gates - Palace are in unchartered waters of having full capacity for only the past six seasons out of 114.

Pandering to the away support should definitely be last on our list of priorities, especially if it comes to the type of morons who follow West Ham.
Irrespective of who they follow, and whether they are morons or not, they deserve to be safe in our ground.

I think that if we had a situation that caused people to panic in that stand, during this PL era, we would have multiple injuries on our hands and possibly worse.
How it gets a certificate is beyond me.
Old 13-02-2019, 03:18 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
A West Ham view of our Arthur Wait stand

But itís not unsafe, is it? Has there been confirmed injuries due to over crowding etc.
Is it as comfortable as a new spacious bowl? No of course not but that doesnít make it unsafe....providing people act and behave in a decent manner. If they all bundle into one area that isnít designed for it, then there will be injuries.
Old 13-02-2019, 03:23 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Unsafe my arse!
I've been standing/sitting in The New Stand for more years than I care to remember.
Maybe 79 v Burnley but we all just got on with it.

Unsafe my arse!
Old 13-02-2019, 03:28 PM

A West Ham view of our Arthur Wait stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Unsafe my arse!
I've been standing/sitting in The New Stand for more years than I care to remember.
Maybe 79 v Burnley but we all just got on with it.

Unsafe my arse!

Me too. My season ticket as a kid was against the far side where the cladding/corrugated sheeting (or whatever is is) starts. It used to be packed in the early nineties in there and Iíd be there standing on my seat banging the cladding. The most danger I had was falling off my seat celebrating Thomas/Gray/Wright or Bright scoring. Aside from that, it was safe as houses....and that was 30 odd years ago. Itís improved since then too.
Old 13-02-2019, 04:09 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
I agree it's not unsafe and is no different to when it was switched to all seater in the early 90s. Back then it was about £6 to get in and I don't even remember there being beer in there, was there?

Regardless it should be improved upon, football and the world has moved on but the Arthur is still where it was. Football fans deserve better, especially when they're paying £45 for the privilege.
Old 13-02-2019, 04:22 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Don't sell beers in the away end, and the numbers using the away concourse would halve
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 13-02-2019, 04:43 PM

Payney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No doubt plenty of West ham bought the restricted view seats towards the back then stood where they liked. No doubt the concourse is a concern but West ham fans should also look at themselves here.
Old 13-02-2019, 04:47 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
The only way to make the area safer would be to reduce the number of away tickets sold, thus allowing more room for those using the facilities - plus ensuring ticketless fans are not able to force entry.

It was certainly interesting to see the fuss made over a handful of Palace fans jumping through an open gate at the Annex last season (in an already reduced away allocation) - when we know full well hundreds of ticketless fans of Liverpool, Millwall and Charlton have forced their way into the AW, with no comment made other than the Palace stewards and fans who had confront them.
Old 13-02-2019, 04:51 PM

Payney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
The only way to make the area safer would be to reduce the number of away tickets sold, thus allowing more room for those using the facilities - plus ensuring ticketless fans are not able to force entry.

It was certainly interesting to see the fuss made over a handful of Palace fans jumping through an open gate at the Annex last season (in an already reduced away allocation) - when we know full well hundreds of ticketless fans of Liverpool, Millwall and Charlton have forced their way into the AW, with no comment made other than the Palace stewards and fans who had confront them.
Agree, don't bother selling the restricted view seats at the back, Will take 10% out of the allocation and makes things easier for all concerned.
Old 13-02-2019, 04:51 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
I agree it's not unsafe and is no different to when it was switched to all seater in the early 90s. Back then it was about £6 to get in and I don't even remember there being beer in there, was there?

Regardless it should be improved upon, football and the world has moved on but the Arthur is still where it was. Football fans deserve better, especially when they're paying £45 for the privilege.
Presumably the Hammers paid £30, although I do agree they should have decent facilities.
Old 13-02-2019, 04:56 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Presumably the Hammers paid £30, although I do agree they should have decent facilities.
F*ck em and every away fan.

We shouldn't welcome them.

We should make this the worst away game they've ever had.

F*ck em.
Old 13-02-2019, 04:58 PM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
I wonder how long some of these fans have actually supported West Ham? The old away end at Upton Park was at least as bad as the Arthur if not worse. Everyone had to leave by one exit and there was no space at all for people to queue for drinks/toilets out the back. And the home fans shared that stand so they must have had the same issues. Not sure anyone ever got hurt in a crush there over the years, nor in the Arthur. The Arthur is a dilapidated stand admittedly but, personally, I prefer the old grounds to new grounds. I would much rather go to Highbury, White Hart Lane, Upton Park, Maine Road, Filbert Street or the Baseball Ground than the newer versions.
Old 13-02-2019, 04:58 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payney View Post
Agree, don't bother selling the restricted view seats at the back, Will take 10% out of the allocation and makes things easier for all concerned.
^this.

Teams like Chelsea and Man Utd get 2800 anyway, and they only have to be given 2580
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 13-02-2019, 04:59 PM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Yep. **** them. It wasn't much fun in the south stand at Upton Park with all and sundry trying to punch your lights out. I didn't write a disgusted from Purley letter though.
Old 13-02-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post
Yep. **** them. It wasn't much fun in the south stand at Upton Park with all and sundry trying to punch your lights out. I didn't write a disgusted from Purley letter though.
Yeah West Ham always welcomed us with open arms at their place didn't they?
Millwall too so lets lay out the red carpet out for these scumbags.
Old 13-02-2019, 05:18 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Good. Hope they had a horrible time.

If they're over-crowding areas of the stand it's their own fault, and as far as I know, no one died

Old 13-02-2019, 05:22 PM

We've got a shit ground - we all know that so we'll use that to our advantage.