Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 24-04-2019, 09:03 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
I don't necessarily disagree, but apart from Yannick we haven't sold big enough to net off the large outlays on the likes of Sakho and Tekkers

This is where our policy has been lacking, much like our management recruitment

It feels like we are trying to address this, and for that reason I can see a big sale happening to balance books and hopefully our scouting network will unearth some gems at lower prices than the previous marquee type signings made

Feels like its a pivotal moment in our ongoing aim to stay in the PL
Yep we certainly blew our load with the Sakho/Benteke signings. I think their arrivals raised expectations, so when we went back to signing free transfers and players around the £10m mark (not really a lot these days) there was some inevitable disappointment.

I can see AWB being sold this summer if we get a monster bid. I think he's going to be in much higher demand than Wilf.
Old 24-04-2019, 09:06 AM

Pete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is here
I read on the Zaha thread an idea about loaning him. Maybe he really wants a perminant move and loaning him is unrealistic but it has an appeal. We loan him for 1 or 2 seasons at £20/30 million to a club playing in the Champions league. The club gets a top player about just entering his peak 2-3 years to help them win whatever it is they wish to win without having to pay £75 million. Wilf gets to prove how good he is playing alongside much better players and can still come back to finish his career with us.

The best part - he can't play against us whilst he's away and a loan fee may mean no payments to Man Utd. The problem is that if (when) he's a success at said big club he may not be too keen on returning.
Old 24-04-2019, 09:32 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Palace know how vital Wilf is to us playing in the Premier League and they are not going to jeopardise that regular £100-150m annual income by selling him as it would make no business sense to do so.

They have not said anything to back up the speculation surrounding any possible sale of their biggest asset who has been given a long term contract from the time he returned to the club which shows how vital he is to their plans.

It is not just a question of a club wanting to buy him as Palace have to first make him available for transfer and then said club has to meet Palace's valuation whatever it may be.

Due to the length of Wilf's contract this will not be negotiable as he has 4 years left on his Palace deal and so it is not just a matter of a club offering less than any valuation that Palace may set.
Old 24-04-2019, 09:40 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Palace know how vital Wilf is to us playing in the Premier League and they are not going to jeopardise that regular £100-150m annual income by selling him as it would make no business sense to do so.

They have not said anything to back up the speculation surrounding any possible sale of their biggest asset who has been given a long term contract from the time he returned to the club which shows how vital he is to their plans.

It is not just a question of a club wanting to buy him as Palace have to first make him available for transfer and then said club has to meet Palace's valuation whatever it may be.

Due to the length of Wilf's contract this will not be negotiable as he has 4 years left on his Palace deal and so it is not just a matter of a club offering less than any valuation that Palace may set.
It all means nothing if he decides to down tools and force a move.
Old 24-04-2019, 09:40 AM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAW View Post
Via BBC Sport:

'Crystal Palace will have to lower their £75m asking price for 26-year-old Wilfried Zaha if the Ivory Coast forward is to get a move to a Champions League club. Tottenham, Arsenal and Manchester United are all interested but want a better deal.'

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Interesting tactic that I don't want to pay 75 mil to a little club like palace we should have said that to Liverpool I know you want 30 million but c'mon let's call it 20 mil and shake on it could reAly see that happening . Be interesting what price levy puts on Kane alli and ericsons head and he won't shift from it .
Old 24-04-2019, 09:41 AM

Custard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Exactly - see Mahrez, Payet, Sanchez etc etc (not that I'd class Wilf with these arseholes).
Old 24-04-2019, 09:55 AM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custard Pie View Post
Exactly - see Mahrez, Payet, Sanchez etc etc (not that I'd class Wilf with these arseholes).
Do we ‘owe’ Wilf the chance to play at a higher level? Yes he’s always given 100% and is a club legend. But he’s been paid a king’s ransom for his ‘loyalty’.

If a reasonable (£70m plus) bid comes in then we should let him go. As sad as it will be to not have him playing for us, this is the sort of sensible business we need to be doing - balancing the books and allowing us to invest in 2/3 quality squad players that could be key to our growth/survival as a PL club. We certainly won’t let him go at a cut price fee as a thank you. If not he’s our player (and unlike Sanchez, etc (Cabaye at Newcastle...) isn’t at the end of a contract and isn’t an arsehole that will down tools.
Old 24-04-2019, 09:57 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
...and it won’t be necessary for Wilf to ‘down tools’.

I feel Wilf has been loyal and could have gone sooner, and Parish will feel the same way.

Palace don’t want to sell him, so we aren’t going to be publicly encouraging something we don’t want.

However, and there’s always a ‘however’ when money is involved, there could be a price that’ll be just too big to turn down. And a club that will enable Wilf to play Champions League.

Whether that bid comes forward is another matter, but if it does then I’d understand if Wilf and Parish discussed it and agreed that he could go. You can’t stand in the way of someone’s career path to the very top, especially if the money offered is significant.

The good thing is that whilst we stay in the EPL, we won’t be letting him go cheaply....so you can push off Spurs and their laughable £20m.
Old 24-04-2019, 10:06 AM

daverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I just can’t see Zaha ever doing that. He loves the club, wants and opportunity for his career but wouldn’t down tools.
Old 24-04-2019, 11:37 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by daverambo2 View Post
I just can’t see Zaha ever doing that. He loves the club, wants and opportunity for his career but wouldn’t down tools.
I hope he doesn’t but money often talks and if he wants a move and we don’t want to sell what else will happen?
I’m sure he’s agreed a few with the club but I’m not sure how often Parish keeps his word after listening to IH.
Old 24-04-2019, 11:55 AM

westsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm not convinced that our top six are ready to pay £80M but Germany or Spain would be more likely.
Old 24-04-2019, 12:38 PM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Outside of Chelsea I think the top clubs in England have more important positions to fill than where Wilf plays. I only think Chelsea need him if they sell Hazard but that all might be immaterial if the transfer ban is in place. Of all the links I have seen I could only imagine PSG paying the sort of money we want if they end up selling one of their superstar forwards. I think far more likely we get a bidding war on AWB. Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and Man City would all likely be interested looking at their options at RB and the ages of those players.
Old 24-04-2019, 12:42 PM

eagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsussexcpfc View Post
I'm not convinced that our top six are ready to pay £80M but Germany or Spain would be more likely.
Do many of the clubs in Germany pay that sort of money (genuine question)? In Spain is it anyone other than Real Madrid / Barca? In which case I'm not sure Wilf would get offers from them.
Old 24-04-2019, 12:53 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Lille look like they might qualify for the Cl this year, and there are rumours of them selling their winger Pepe for around 80m Euro. Wilf speaks French.

Doesn't mean anything will happen but I'm sure some journalists will come up with a rumour at some point.

Werner Herzog
Old 24-04-2019, 01:04 PM

westsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleborn View Post
Do many of the clubs in Germany pay that sort of money (genuine question)? In Spain is it anyone other than Real Madrid / Barca? In which case I'm not sure Wilf would get offers from them.
Dortmund have raked in alot of money by selling players and are always pushing Bayern. They have never paid near that amount for a player but they have the money if they want to spend it. They might be tempted to offer £50/60M and hope we come down.
Old 24-04-2019, 01:54 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
I hope he doesn’t but money often talks and if he wants a move and we don’t want to sell what else will happen?
I’m sure he’s agreed a few with the club but I’m not sure how often Parish keeps his word after listening to IH.
I really don't think it's about money with Wilf. He's already on very big money - and I'm not sure a bigger club would offer him significantly more. For him, it's about the opportunity to play at the very highest level and to win trophies.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 24-04-2019, 01:59 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
No club will pay what we want for him in cash IMO (£65-£75m). The only way that Wilf gets his move is a cash plus player deal in my mind.

The issue with that is:

A. We will still want a big enough cash sum (probably £35-£50m)
B. We would want a player from a Champions League Club
C. Player from Champions League Club wants to join Palace
D. Player from Champions League Club wants to join Palace within our wage budget...

Ultimately, it would be a better deal for us too.
Old 24-04-2019, 02:06 PM
Danger Zone

What happens with a sell on clause if players are used?
Old 24-04-2019, 02:52 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
What happens with a sell on clause if players are used?

Their values are assessed and factored into the fee I believe.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 24-04-2019, 02:58 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
No club will pay what we want for him in cash IMO (£65-£75m). The only way that Wilf gets his move is a cash plus player deal in my mind.

The issue with that is:

A. We will still want a big enough cash sum (probably £35-£50m)
B. We would want a player from a Champions League Club
C. Player from Champions League Club wants to join Palace
D. Player from Champions League Club wants to join Palace within our wage budget...

Ultimately, it would be a better deal for us too.
I think this is about right.