Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 24-01-2019, 06:30 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Dry Jan 2018 - anyone doing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Well done for lasting this long. I think I'm going to hold out until Saturday night, when Janet is taking me out for my birthday.

Thank you, and well done to you too Steve. Happy Birthday and I’m sure those drinks will taste all the sweeter after the lay off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Well done mate, there is no point making painful, it only works if you want to do it. After I did my first period last year it made me treat alcohol abit differently, I went back to drinking but less binges. A week, two weeks what ever it is, is good for your body.

Thanks. It certainly does show you that you don’t ‘need’ the weekly drinks to have a good time. On the whole I’ve quite enjoyed it and found it far easier than I thought. Once the first weekend had gone, it was relatively easy I thought. It was the build up to the weekend knowing I couldn’t have my weekend beers/wine that I didn’t like. I can become extremely habitual, and that is what I missed most, the routine. Of course, 25 days in the grand scheme is nothing really. Keep up your good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Good effort mate. Take it steady on the 1st

Cheers pal. Sadly, knowing my mates, there’s little chance of that. We may all be in our forties now, but when we go out, it’s like we’re still in our early twenties, just a bit more civilised.

Last edited by andyocpfc; 24-01-2019 at 06:33 PM.
Old 24-01-2019, 07:02 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
I know I will drink again at some point but I’m quite liking not being hungover and tired.
Yep, agreed.

I've even enjoyed a few evenings where I've put my feet and had a couple of cold beers (non-alcoholic) with no effect the next day. Marvellous.

However, I have an emotionally tough weekend ahead so may end up cutting it short
Old 24-01-2019, 07:10 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Still dry since New Years Eve. That is coming to an end midday Sunday! 4 hour sesh before kick off. Couldn't do another weekend of this as it's too cold and depressing. If January was February I'd only be a day shy of a whole month anyway

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 26-01-2019, 04:27 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Dry Jan 2018 - anyone doing this?

I had ‘red wine’ head this morning! Bloody lovely tasting beer again though prior to the rouge.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:29 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So who managed to do the full month?

I caved in last Sunday after Spurs game and no regrets Just a half day of drinking in whole of January for me.

I'd like to say it was easy but it really wasn't. That first weekend after New Year was especially tough

Last edited by greybot; 01-02-2019 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:34 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post

I caved in last Sunday after Spurs game and no regrets Just a half day of drinking in whole of January for me.

I'd say it was easy but it really wasn't. That first weekend after New Year was especially tough
I managed to.

Went out last Saturday but managed to stay off the booze.

Yesterday had a couple of Becks Blue just because.

Will be good to finally be able to numb the pain tomorrow though, had a few hard evenings/nights after Palace.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:37 PM

Just the 25 days for me - was happy with that, but ruined it on the first weekend back over indulging. Also had a few beers watching the game on Wednesday too. Out on a boys night out tonight which will also be messy.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:40 PM

Sodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Did it. Longest I've been without alcohol since 1989! Might try and keep it dry until I get some winter sun on Feb 22...
Old 01-02-2019, 12:42 PM

sherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post

I'd like to say it was easy but it really wasn't. That first weekend after New Year was especially tough
Lasted until just after the Southampton match. Wilf & Ward-Prowse are my excuse for a couple of Cobras in a curry house in Southampton. But it was the 30th - that counts as a dry month, doesn't it?
Old 01-02-2019, 01:01 PM

Some great efforts and mostly better than I managed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodermalm View Post
Did it. Longest I've been without alcohol since 1989! Might try and keep it dry until I get some winter sun on Feb 22...
Well done mate! Might have to start calling you Sobermalm from now on

Old 01-02-2019, 03:11 PM
a bit peckish

PIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Still off the stuff and will be till at least 14th March.Have lost a stone due to staying off the booze and not shovelling shit down me gob.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:24 PM
on the hunt

Curry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My January has probably been the wettest on record :-\
3. Al-Badar, 37 Brick Lane
4. The Raja, Cambridge
Old 01-02-2019, 03:35 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
However, I have an emotionally tough weekend ahead so may end up cutting it short
Did 27 days until the above proved the breaking point
Old 01-02-2019, 03:59 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
I've been doing no mid week drinking and that's been a breeze, even on my birthday! Normally Sunday to Thursday, though this Sunday will have a few watching rugby and the yankee gridiron thing.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:26 PM

Salad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is here
Dry January complete. I got one of those 4x 330ml Peronis in a bag waiting to be drunk. I'm gonna get another of the same size before the off licence shuts at 10. I'm dreading getting back on it this year, mostly because I've also not smoked a cigarette for 2 and a half weeks as well. It's such a waste of so many weekends.

I really wish booze was just banned outright. You certainly wouldn't catch me on prohibition booze-cruises or drinking hooch in speakeasies; and I'd happily grass on every ****** I knew who was.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:34 PM
A Palace Comrade

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Well played to everyone who did it

I did 19 days. Oh well