Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: As of 05/02/17 who should be first choice Goalkeeper
1 Julian Speroni 311 26.22%
13 wayne Hennessey 178 15.01%
30 Steve Mandanda 561 47.30%
Another 136 11.47%
Voters: 1186. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-04-2019, 11:04 AM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking's no1 View Post
If the club had any balls they would sack him. He is a disgrace.
I find his IQ offensive

Get rid
Old 20-04-2019, 11:33 AM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
‘Should’ we learn about the Khmer Rouge, Attila the Hun and The Black Death, ofcourse we ‘should’ but what does that mean? It’s the ‘should’ I take issue with, one I imagine you wont be able to comprehend.
Oo aren't you deep. If you don't know about the Nazis then you're an ignorant twat. End of.

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 20-04-2019, 12:02 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Imho the FA should confine themselves to making comments and decisions on football and football alone. I would take exception of they tried to tell me what political or historical events I should study.
Old 20-04-2019, 12:14 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
If the generation which actually fought the Nazis were fine with laughing about and riduculing them, why aren't we?
Old 20-04-2019, 12:41 PM

eagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
If the generation which actually fought the Nazis were fine with laughing about and riduculing them, why aren't we?
The hysteria on here is painful. I wouldn't be surprised if a large number of our squad were completely clueless about some of these matters, including fan favourites...
Old 20-04-2019, 01:14 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
You can't have a sense of humour these days, someone somewhere takes offence, his defence of not being aware of Nazi's is pretty laughable though, it's also embarrassing , and I think.this is probably why he is being panned. Its about as believable as him being a premier league goalkeeper ..

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 20-04-2019, 03:53 PM

Stan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Context is ignored in the enlightenment of being offended. Paulo Di Canio did a real nazi salute whilst playing for Lazio,
He did a Roman salute, which the NAZI's nicked tbf.
Old 20-04-2019, 03:54 PM

Stan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There should be a special panel that swoop in announced, just like drug testers, and select at random a footballer for a contemporary history assessment. FFS it's 2019 people!!!
Old 20-04-2019, 04:12 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
There should be a special panel that swoop in announced, just like drug testers, and select at random a footballer for a contemporary history assessment. FFS it's 2019 people!!!
Half of the footballers dont know or understand the laws of the game. Like many pundits.
I for one dont think he should have been charged for the gesture. Who did it offend? What was the context?
But i think he was pushing it denying knowledge but it got him off a superfluous charge. So who are the idiots?

Last edited by Lombardo's hair; 20-04-2019 at 04:14 PM.
Old 20-04-2019, 04:36 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
I feel the FA saying he needed to educate himself on Nazi Germany to be very self-righteous, as if some lesson had to be administered. What really happened is the headmaster couldnt prove the boy to be lying so had to admonish where he could for not knowing better, both knowing what really happened.
That’s how I see.

Ofcourse Hennessey knows who Hitler and the Nazis are.....it’s just that the FA can’t prove this or his intent, so they’ve issued a silly admonishment.

As a parent I can confirm my son has learned just as much about this period as I was taught, possibly even more. And ofcourse there is loads on telly, what with documentaries and war films a plenty.
Old 20-04-2019, 05:25 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fozzie View Post
Oo aren't you deep. If you don't know about the Nazis then you're an ignorant twat. End of.
Good post.
Old 20-04-2019, 06:50 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
"Footballer 'desperate' to learn about Nazis"

"Wayne Hennessey 'desperate' to learn about Nazis - Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson"

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 20-04-2019, 07:20 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Wayne Hennessey

To the tune of ‘We’re the boys from SE25’ (the fast version with the clapping inbetween).

“Hennessey waved at Max’s party,
Now he’s learning about the Nazis!”

Last edited by Skiddo; 20-04-2019 at 07:22 PM.
Old 27-04-2019, 07:29 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
You can't have a sense of humour these days, someone somewhere takes offence, his defence of not being aware of Nazi's is pretty laughable though, it's also embarrassing , and I think.this is probably why he is being panned. Its about as believable as him being a premier league goalkeeper ..
Surely, in reality, everyone who has been to school, including Hennessy, knows about WW2 and the Jerries, but hats off to him for keeping a straight face whilst showing up the FA buffoons as know nothing fools for failing to prove their stupid case.
Old 28-04-2019, 09:41 AM

moosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm being slow so apologies if this has been talked about already but...

Initially the response was "I was waving to the camera but the picture makes it look like an inappropriate gesture. I assure you I would never do a Nazi salute"

By the time it all came to appeal, the defense was "Nazis? Who are they?", implying that Wayne knew about the whole Hitler thing but then conveniently forgot it again.

And the FA went along with this.
I don't know if they're stupid or Wayne's lawyer is really good.
Old 28-04-2019, 09:55 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Surely, in reality, everyone who has been to school, including Hennessy, knows about WW2 and the Jerries, but hats off to him for keeping a straight face whilst showing up the FA buffoons as know nothing fools for failing to prove their stupid case.
I know some say our education system is poor , but even if he never learnt about Nazi's during his school days, it's still a stretch , a massive stretch, to claim you are ignorant about this . I can't for the life of me see how he has never seen a war film, a documentary, read articles, or seen photographs in his 32 years of life . But the pleasing thing now is, he knows he isnt a premier league goalkeeper, and guiata is . He's learnt that at least .

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 28-04-2019, 10:10 AM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 07-05-2019, 10:11 AM
Now cough, please

HOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is here
Reading a Telegraph article today on Hamza Choudhury and offensive tweets - the opening para made me chuckle:

"At what point, one wonders, did Hamza Choudhury’s legal advisers consider what is surely now known in sports law circles as “the Hennessey defence”, pleading such astonishing ignorance that the defendant could not possibly know the provenance of any alleged slur or insult?"

Old 08-05-2019, 03:15 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
'Ignorance is no excuse', in real law. Mind you, 'keeper saves and holds ball' in real football.