Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 21-08-2020, 05:02 PM
still looking

JOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Seems a total rip-off, thought they could at least used shirts from the players own club
Old 21-08-2020, 05:34 PM

Ockleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Totally agree with you John especially if you are paying a high price for the card and a higher price for postage if it originates from USA.

Still baffles me the postal charges the US dealers charge for sending a very lightweight item, namely a card. I sent a magazine to USA yesterday weighing 98gms and cost me £2.42 to send.

As Dorking states the US sellers will be left with loads of cards unless they reduce their postal costs
Old 21-08-2020, 05:48 PM
still looking

JOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJOHN1509 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Been hit and miss so far with some US sellers with me on ebay, managed to buy some cards with only $5-$6 postage , top so far with me is $14, but with that seller, i did buy three cards at a not too bad price and only charged x1 postage
Old 21-08-2020, 06:03 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
The US sellers charging about $4 are very few and far between, they will be using letter post, and will put something like 'photographs' on the envelope

The ones charging about $14 are doing it properly from a customs point of view

The ones charging circa $20 postage are using the ebay global shipping program - basically it is a tracked service every step of the way - you'd get about half a dozen emails for the one item. I think the sellers that use it haven't realised how unattractively priced the GSP makes the total cost of their items, when sending to the UK.

I suspect most of the time these are dealers who deal in US sports cards (Baseball, Basketball, NFL) and the vast majority of their customers are US based, and for their own domestic customers the postage costs are nothing like it.

Usually the Far East sellers charge $5 or $6 so it's just a waiting game really
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 21-08-2020, 06:25 PM
still looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
The US sellers charging about $4 are very few and far between, they will be using letter post, and will put something like 'photographs' on the envelope

The ones charging about $14 are doing it properly from a customs point of view

The ones charging circa $20 postage are using the ebay global shipping program - basically it is a tracked service every step of the way - you'd get about half a dozen emails for the one item. I think the sellers that use it haven't realised how unattractively priced the GSP makes the total cost of their items, when sending to the UK.
I've been lucky over past years with some low US postage charges, and couple so far this summer,

The $20 shipping is a killer for us UK buyers, Its a shame, as there are many cards i still need that are cheap on ebay , but the shipping programme costs have ended it for me , shame, many years back, i was friends with some fellow card collectors, would have been easier to have them brought by them and sent too me
Old 19-09-2020, 11:17 AM
still looking

Panini Impeccable Zaha gold bar £1,500

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Got my Townsend silver bar few days day, lovely