Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

View Poll Results: Who do you want as Labour leader?
Rebecca Long Bailey 5 7.46%
Lisa Nandy 18 26.87%
Keir Starmer 21 31.34%
Emily Thornberry 3 4.48%
Moo 20 29.85%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-02-2020, 10:47 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
As my Dear Old Mum has recently moved away from there after almost 50 years I am more than happy with this, but would prefer it if Swindon was utterly destroyed first.
Stella is knocking on a bit. Swindon in the first year of campaigning might be a battle too far. For myself, I consider all of Wiltshire a dead loss.
Old 19-02-2020, 11:04 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
Is an independent London really a workable option ? Serious question how would an independent London function ? Where would the border be, what currency would be used, would it apply to join the EU (would it meet the current membership criteria?) where would it source power and food from ? There are no power stations left in London or farms to grow, produce food?

So many questions, a huge task much bigger than Scotland becoming independent I think. Is there a manifesto around ?
City states are quite common through time.

Today, Singapore is an example of how much better it has done than resource rich Malaysia to which it is adjoined.

I will write more when I have time, but the needs of London are utterly different from the needs of say rural Lancashire. I want the issues that are effecting the people living and working in London decided by the people living and working in London.

We have brilliant brains and our own values, yet we are ruled by idiots with a whole different set of values. No major city in the world is so neutered, we need solutions to London problems.

I believe Londoners are by far and away the best people to provide those solutions.
Old 19-02-2020, 11:19 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
City states are quite common through time.

Today, Singapore is an example of how much better it has done than resource rich Malaysia to which it is adjoined.

I will write more when I have time, but the needs of London are utterly different from the needs of say rural Lancashire. I want the issues that are effecting the people living and working in London decided by the people living and working in London.

We have brilliant brains and our own values, yet we are ruled by idiots with a whole different set of values. No major city in the world is so neutered, we need solutions to London problems.

I believe Londoners are by far and away the best people to provide those solutions.
Applies to nearly all the cities of the UK, not just London
Old 19-02-2020, 11:22 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
It would be a shame to lose Palace from the Premier League but I'm sure you'd have lots of support from Yorkshire. Take that there London and pi$$ off!

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 19-02-2020, 11:37 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad View Post
It would be a shame to lose Palace from the Premier League but I'm sure you'd have lots of support from Yorkshire. Take that there London and pi$$ off!
Eddie here assuming he's the voice of Yorkshire
Old 19-02-2020, 11:44 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Eddie here assuming he's the voice of Yorkshire
Obviously only two regions are net financial contributors to the U.K., and Yorkshire isnít one of them. One more egion is neutral and thatís not Yorkshire either. The rest (including Yorkshire) are a financial drain.

So it would be an epically stupid thing for Yorkshire to support, but at the same time it is the sort of stoddy thing they might well do. Because thereís nowt as queer as folk, especially tyke folk.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 19-02-2020, 11:46 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Stella is knocking on a bit. Swindon in the first year of campaigning might be a battle too far. For myself, I consider all of Wiltshire a dead loss.
Bits of it are all right such as West Kennet Long Barrow or Silbury Hill (which Andrew Weatherall climbed to the top of when off his bollocks on LSD), but yeah - most of it is shit and/or boring. Trowbridge is a very good/bad example. Also, Avebury and Stonehenge are a bunch of rubbish.
Old 20-02-2020, 12:00 AM
Climbing for dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Obviously only two regions are net financial contributors to the U.K., and Yorkshire isn’t one of them. One more egion is neutral and that’s not Yorkshire either. The rest (including Yorkshire) are a financial drain.

So it would be an epically stupid thing for Yorkshire to support, but at the same time it is the sort of stoddy thing they might well do. Because there’s nowt as queer as folk, especially tyke folk.
Given (in total) York, Leeds and Sheffield voted remain (although eddie dwelling Sheffield tried it's best by voting to leave) it's not the cities, as per AJ's original post, you need to worry about voting for self-harming things.

I just like to remind what is typically a London-centric board that our recent self harm wasn't voted for by most of the UK cities, as its quite often blamed on "the north"

Edit: Forgot Bradford which might just swing it the other way. Either way, my point still stands that London wasn't the only UK city not to vote for this stupidity, most of them didn't. Also that eddie isnt our only Yorkshire poster.

Last edited by Reps AJ; 20-02-2020 at 12:12 AM.
Old 20-02-2020, 12:03 AM
Climbing for dollars

No comment on the contrariousness of Yorkshire folk.
Old 20-02-2020, 01:20 AM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Given (in total) York, Leeds and Sheffield voted remain (although eddie dwelling Sheffield tried it's best by voting to leave) it's not the cities, as per AJ's original post, you need to worry about voting for self-harming things.

I just like to remind what is typically a London-centric board that our recent self harm wasn't voted for by most of the UK cities, as its quite often blamed on "the north"

Edit: Forgot Bradford which might just swing it the other way. Either way, my point still stands that London wasn't the only UK city not to vote for this stupidity, most of them didn't. Also that eddie isnt our only Yorkshire poster.
Sheffield voted Leave I'm happy with that. It was the only core city to do so. The only sensible one.

Most university cities voted to Remain; everywhere else in the country pretty much voted leave.

Overall Yorkshire and the Humber voted 1,580,937 to 1,115,298 in favour of leave.

WOW!

Last edited by eddieskyclad; 20-02-2020 at 01:24 AM.
Old 20-02-2020, 06:51 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Most university cities voted to Remain; everywhere else in the country pretty much voted leave.
Further evidence of the role age and education played in the result.
Old 20-02-2020, 09:55 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sheffield voted Leave I'm happy with that. It was the only core city to do so. The only sensible one.

Overall Yorkshire and the Humber voted 1,580,937 to 1,115,298 in favour of leave.
The thing that is strange about you is that you will never, despite being asked loads of times, say what you think is positive about Brexit or what specific policies you want from labour. Why canít you do that? You are clearly very passionate about your views and articulate about them.
Old 20-02-2020, 11:36 AM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
Why this continual debate with some one who has clearly no problem in voting for an individual who supported austerity, is a proven and habitual liar, prorogued parliament, wants to challenge the supreme court, runs away from questioning, not fit to run a boy scout troop let alone a country.

Has a background that essentially means that he has zero experience of normal family life, in desperate need of a haircut and requires his nanny to tuck his shirt in.

Highly dependent on people without the ability to understand that abstaining would have probably have achieved the same result irrespective of remain or leave.

I am appalled that people cannot see further than next week, chances are that you will get a giant train set for your troubles which I doubt that you can afford and not a lot else......must be grim up north!
Old 20-02-2020, 11:43 AM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post
Has a background that essentially means that he has zero experience of normal family life, in desperate need of a haircut and requires his nanny to tuck his shirt in.
Hey that's a bit mean and yet absolutely spot on... I don't have a normal family life, I am in desperate need for a haircut and I no matter how hard I try I cannot tuck my shirt in!

WOW!
Old 20-02-2020, 12:07 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Further evidence of the role age and education played in the result.
Are you referring to the vote for Art50 in the HoC.
Old 20-02-2020, 01:45 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hey that's a bit mean and yet absolutely spot on... I don't have a normal family life, I am in desperate need for a haircut and I no matter how hard I try I cannot tuck my shirt in!
Why wonít you online what policies you want from labour or what you want from Brexit?
Old 20-02-2020, 01:59 PM
Up On The Triangle

Interesting piece from Corbyn's former private secretary;

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 20-02-2020, 03:39 PM

Hal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post

If London became exactly like Singapore (impossible, I know, but let's imagine) would you stay there ?
Old 20-02-2020, 04:06 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Low View Post
If London became exactly like Singapore (impossible, I know, but let's imagine) would you stay there ?
Know that’s not addressed towards me, but that’s an interesting question. For all Singapore excels in quality of life etc, there’s serious questions over corruption, and the harshness of their criminal justice system. Particularly the former, when me and my parents went to Singapore last year, multiple people we talked to (particularly this one cab driver) lamented the lack of political freedom and choice. Retirement age is also being raised to 70 I believe, and in general Singaporeans work ridiculously hard. I’m not calling Londoners lazy, but it’d be a culture shock.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 20-02-2020 at 04:10 PM.