Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Steak, chips, 2 fried eggs with a drink £8.50, I'm a fan.
Its McDonalds, but for drinkers...
Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM

radiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
The main point about spoons pubs is they treat their workforce like shit.

The whole argument about migrant workers is bollocks.

Look at Nandy for instance, sure she talks about backing free movement, but this is a throw away comment in a speech which is 90% about how now we are out of the EU we can finally invest in new skills, as it “cheap” foreign labour was the primary barrier to doing that.

Complete bullshit. The very same people leading Brexit want weak unions, draconian anti worker laws and a low minimum wage.
the last point is the hub of post Brexit Britain already plans are being made to ban certain workers from striking, worker protection what there is of it will disappear and the minimum wage which is criminally low and weakly enforced may well not be applicable to all areas of the economy
demonization of immigrants will continue and British workers will be forced into these low paid casual jobs by an even harsher benefit climate and that is saying something with the number of DWP related deaths. a virulent neo- liberal government will now set about Americanising these areas of British life
and the rich will flourish.
Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
This is madness, surely?
This is Madness:

Old Yesterday, 06:33 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
So pretty quickly the 8m, is actually 933k, assuming that temp sick are going back to work.

Skintagain, any comment?
Why did you ignore the 2+m students?

Plenty of them want part-time, weekend and/or seasonal jobs. I know 6th form students with part-time jobs now (eg working 2 sessions a week) and loads of us did this sort of work when I was a uni student.

It’s good life/work experience and it’s great (sometimes crucial) to earn some of your own cash. I used my earnings to keep my student debts down and to pay to run my car at uni.

I also know retired folk who’d like part-time work, especially if they’re in their 60s still and their state pension hasn’t kicked in.
Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiomike View Post
the last point is the hub of post Brexit Britain already plans are being made to ban certain workers from striking, worker protection what there is of it will disappear and the minimum wage which is criminally low and weakly enforced may well not be applicable to all areas of the economy
demonization of immigrants will continue and British workers will be forced into these low paid casual jobs by an even harsher benefit climate and that is saying something with the number of DWP related deaths. a virulent neo- liberal government will now set about Americanising these areas of British life
and the rich will flourish.
Yes but its what the people of Redcar want.

Vote Londependence
Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post

Staggering approval of decadence, you'll be the first up against the wall when Cockers gets his revolution.
Let’s be honest. You’d be for your continual cap doffing
Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Why did you ignore the 2+m students?

Plenty of them want part-time, weekend and/or seasonal jobs. I know 6th form students with part-time jobs now (eg working 2 sessions a week) and loads of us did this sort of work when I was a uni student.

It’s good life/work experience and it’s great (sometimes crucial) to earn some of your own cash. I used my earnings to keep my student debts down and to pay to run my car at uni.

I also know retired folk who’d like part-time work, especially if they’re in their 60s still and their state pension hasn’t kicked in.
Filleting fish?
Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I see in the FT that Italy’s government is warning that the EU may have to go easy on deficit reduction due to the Coronavirus. Let’s hope the EU go easy on countries already suffering from weak growth and who now face additional new problems. Bureaucratic rigidity would be heartless under the circumstances. Flexibility is more important right now.
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
I see in the FT that Italy’s government is warning that the EU may have to go easy on deficit reduction due to the Coronavirus.
Worth a try I suppose.