Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:42 PM

xmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
So what happened to The Process - I thought the 76ers should be carrying all before them by now?
I dunno, I don't like basketball.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:42 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Seems a fairly non-story to me. We all know that international TV payments will be merit based going forward but that only covers increases rather than the current level. So Palace will get a greater or lesser share depending on where we finish in the league.

As the leading shareholders with SP they will have lent money to fund player purchases which should not be forgotten, albeit they do charge interest.

As regards the stand, and as far as I am aware, there is no magic pot of money sitting there awaiting the builders, just a shareholders agreement to fund it.

If they do sell it will be to someone who will be in exactly the same position. We stay in the Premier League earning £100m plus a season and having to fund player purchases or we get relegated and the owners find the value of their investment is dramatically reduced.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 08-03-2019, 10:52 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
You maybe correct, but I personally always felt he was at best a casual Palace fan with a few quid to spare.

Now if they were to build a steam engine museum in place of Sainsbury's, I think he might be interested!
I think he is tied up with other things atm

To view the link you have to Register or Login

and for balance the guardian says much the same

While I will always be grateful for what he did in 2010 he can **** right off now with his hard right ultra rich cronies who will be quite OK themselves in the event of a no deal brexit and will probably make a fair bit of cash out of whatever chaos ensues. I note his company has the foresight to be listed in Dublin - just a coincidence no doubt.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 08-03-2019, 10:54 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think he is tied up with other things atm

and for balance the guardian says much the same

While I will always be grateful for what he did in 2010 he can **** right off now with his hard right ultra rich cronies who will be quite OK themselves in the event of a no deal brexit and will probably make a fair bit of cash out of whatever chaos ensues. I note his company has the foresight to be listed in Dublin - just a coincidence no doubt.
Agreed. But the train to Southampton was cool, too.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 08-03-2019, 10:56 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
At times like this, it might be clearer if Palace was a publicly traded company (I think).
Given shareholders would expect a yearly dividend I suggest not. My mate has shares in Millwall which is a PLC. His original number of shares escalated under various re-organisations until he owned thousands of them. Unfortunately their value was F all.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 08-03-2019, 10:58 PM

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
Hopefully the Palace trust will step in
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
I’m not entirely sure what they’ve done

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
I hope we get on with sourcing a buyier/consortium without the hassle experienced at Newcastle.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:59 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Glad to hear this. Hope we get some decent backers.

As long as Parish is there I will be happy.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:00 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannapaul View Post
How much is it ? I won the lotto I got £11.56
What's that? You want change??
Old 08-03-2019, 11:08 PM

ForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Old 08-03-2019, 11:12 PM

BostonPalaceFan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBostonPalaceFan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBostonPalaceFan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBostonPalaceFan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBostonPalaceFan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBostonPalaceFan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBostonPalaceFan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBostonPalaceFan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBostonPalaceFan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBostonPalaceFan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBostonPalaceFan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If we need another American sports team owner to step in go for Robert Kraft. He wouldn’t be able to resist a quick tasty jerk.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:20 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue View Post
Always thought that investing in a football club looking to make money in the Premier League is pretty risky if you are buying outside of the top 6 clubs.

All the teams outside of the top 6 if they are managed in the wrong way can quite easily have a bad season and get relegated losing all of the big tv income that goes with the Premier League and a big drop in market valuation.

There is no profit in it on a day to day basis as all income received goes out on player wages/transfers and staff costs.

The only way owners make money is by increasing the valuation of the club.

This normally occurs by increasing the revenue streams and if the potential to increase it is there. At the moment the British TV Revenue seems to be flat but the potential seems to lie in the Overseas market with it's appetite for the Premier League.

Not too sure how accurate this is but the value i have seen for the club is £240 Million.
Yep.

Although I'd go further and say that even within the top 6 it got to be risky expecting a profit.

Years ago Alan Sugar described the money coming into football as water being poured into a pipe (or something similar)... it all went through and out the other end and none stuck to the sides
Old 08-03-2019, 11:29 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yes pretty good analogy that by Alan Sugar!

The only thing with owning a top 6 side is you are pretty sure the revenue will continue and you are unlikely to get relegated. As for making a yearly profit that is no way guaranteed due to the vast expenditure from year to year.

Maybe Usmanov fancies buying a South London club?!

Last edited by SussexRed&Blue; 09-03-2019 at 12:09 AM.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:43 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl;14678211
[url
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/17/no-deal-brexiters-tory-split-conservative-multimillionaire-donor-new-party[/url]

'Brexit Express'? What a f@cking nobber.
Sounds like they're planning a full range of attractive policies there.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:44 PM

Pete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is here
Buying a small premier league club with the idea of making money must be the very definition of crazy unless 1: it only cost £1 to buy, 2: you plan to asset strip it or 3: the PL will become a closed league with no relegation.

Otherwise the only reasons for buying are ‘prestige’, for the enjoyment of it or to save it from closure.

Who would buy Palace? Which millionaire Palace fans would buy the club who haven’t already done so in the past?
Old 09-03-2019, 12:01 AM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post
Buying a small premier league club with the idea of making money must be the very definition of crazy unless 1: it only cost £1 to buy, 2: you plan to asset strip it or 3: the PL will become a closed league with no relegation.

Otherwise the only reasons for buying are ‘prestige’, for the enjoyment of it or to save it from closure.

Who would buy Palace? Which millionaire Palace fans would buy the club who haven’t already done so in the past?
My thoughts too. Not sure why people are being so optimistic that someone will come in to plough loads of cash into the club and not expect anything in return.

Better the devil you know. Harris and Blitzer are no mansour/abramovic but we are relatively stable and comfortable.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:17 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Palace's American owners have apparently been at the fore-front of asking the Premier League to open an investigation into the reported FFP breaches by Man City which has been instigated by UEFA.

The Premier League has today acted on complaints from 12 Premier League clubs regarding this matter and have opened their own investigation into Man City and possible FFP breaches.

This does not sound like Palace's American part-owners are looking to sell their share of the club.

Old 09-03-2019, 01:02 AM

Stan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Yep.

Although I'd go further and say that even within the top 6 it got to be risky expecting a profit.

Years ago Alan Sugar described the money coming into football as water being poured into a pipe (or something similar)... it all went through and out the other end and none stuck to the sides
The money to be made is high stakes getting a championship side up, stabilised then flogging it. Dont see the point of just investing as a partner in a low tier prem side like Palace that's perenially battling the drop. A lot of risk, for not a huge reward, seems to me.

Only other investors seem interested in either asset stripping, or using clubs for Soft Power politically. Obviously wouldn't want either type anywhere near Palace.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:51 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Given shareholders would expect a yearly dividend I suggest not. My mate has shares in Millwall which is a PLC. His original number of shares escalated under various re-organisations until he owned thousands of them. Unfortunately their value was F all.
That is the down side...