Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-02-2019, 09:26 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
He certainly didn't play well today
Looked good against Fulham but was poor yesterday
Old 10-02-2019, 09:29 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
A £30million quid striker who cannot score from open play in his last 40 or so games and when he did score a goal it was a pity penalty given to him by Luka. One goal since Leicester away 14 months ago. And some still defend him. Tragic.
One of our most frustrating failures ever . The 30 mil price tag seems ridiculous now , that plus his wages , have to make him the costliest mistake we have ever made ?

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 10-02-2019, 09:30 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
A £30million quid striker who cannot score from open play in his last 40 or so games and when he did score a goal it was a pity penalty given to him by Luka. One goal since Leicester away 14 months ago. And some still defend him. Tragic.
Didn’t he score against West Ham in jan? Not that it makes a huge difference
Old 10-02-2019, 09:30 AM
it's a city you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
One of our most frustrating failures ever . The 30 mil price tag seems ridiculous now , that plus his wages , have to make him the costliest mistake we have ever made ?
He kept us up two years ago.....
Old 10-02-2019, 09:32 AM
It's obscene

cpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
Looked good against Fulham but was poor yesterday
Tactics. Today he was isolated. Last week he had ayew next to him upfront. We never cross the ball on his head.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:33 AM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcben View Post
Tactics. Today he was isolated. Last week he had ayew next to him upfront. We never cross the ball on his head.
Totally. He needs wingers to get down the line and cross.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:35 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Benteke doesnt commit for anything unless he knows its 100% on, he doesnt gamble. Batsuayhi instantly looked more committed, yes they are different style players but it’s just something visually apparent.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:35 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
We didn't play to his strengths at all. Either play two up front or get crosses into him, it's not rocket science ffs.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:37 AM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
We didn't play to his strengths at all. Either play two up front or get crosses into him, it's not rocket science ffs.
Managers are terrified of playing 4 in midfield nowadays because majority of teams all play 5
Old 10-02-2019, 09:40 AM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
I think Benteke looked ok yesterday but as said his best strength is heading which we don’t use very often

To be honest I’m hoping China come calling in the Summer, time for a change.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:48 AM
Over Land & Sea

imashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He's a bench player now and it doesn't help we have to wingers that want to dribble the ball into the net and not cross a ball .
Old 10-02-2019, 09:52 AM

*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Wait til he scores the winner in a crucial 6 pointer. This thread will suddenly light up with everyone saying how much they love him. Just let him get on with it he’ll come good
Old 10-02-2019, 10:16 AM

moosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcben View Post
Interesting. Ayew was only playing because Zaha was suspended.
So is Benteke only effective in a 4-4-2 partnered by a "proper" striker (rather than Wilf in a free & flexible role)?

And if so, can we play a formation with two strikers plus Wilf & Andros on the wings?
(Spoiler: Roy thinks "no")
Old 10-02-2019, 10:18 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
not sure if anyone has ever mentioned it but compare and contrast with Murray. That said I still think Big Ben will come good. Just needs a goal
Old 10-02-2019, 10:22 AM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by *CPFC* View Post
Wait til he scores the winner in a crucial 6 pointer. This thread will suddenly light up with everyone saying how much they love him. Just let him get on with it he’ll come good
How long do we let him get on with it for? It’s been a season and a half now with very little return. After yesterday’s game it’s apparent to most people what our formation and best 11 should be, which means benteke as a bench option.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:23 AM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Posted this on ratings thread

Not often I take much notice of statistics , but it was interesting that Benteke had 21 touches ( way less than any other Palace player ) , 14 passes ( 50% accurate ) 2 shots ( 1 on target ) 0 tackles 0 fouls won 0 fouls conceded.
He is obviously not as good as Batshuayi with regards to movement , pace and skill but he is 6ft 4 and has a powerful physique - just wish he would put himself about more , he is like a gentle giant . Just not how I remember him at Villa .
Old 10-02-2019, 10:25 AM

Braders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He's got no edge to him, got to be sold in the summer if we can find anyone silly enough to pay half as much as we paid for him and is on here.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:54 AM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
I think he's finished at PL level

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 10-02-2019, 11:00 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
His return to form lasted one game.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:03 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
He was in the right place if Jimmy had squared the ball when it was so easy to. But I still agree he was disappointing again.