Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 29-02-2012, 10:19 PM

DaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I bet Jack Sparrow is relieved
Old 29-02-2012, 10:42 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Another piece of my childhood has now gone :-( RIP DJ

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 29-02-2012, 10:58 PM

MicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicksSis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
-
Old 01-03-2012, 06:37 AM
Hello Dave!

Location: The Pandemonium Carnival, Coming to a town near you...soon!
Edenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am a believer was no 1 on the day I was born ........ RIP Davey
Old 01-03-2012, 06:56 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
RIP.

I have been playing Daydream Believer as the last record at my disco's for years, the perfect end song imho.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here

Despite being the 'Prefab Four' The Monkees' early career produced lots of great pop songs, and their later years some interesting psychedelia as they grabbed creative control.

The telly series was still shown on children's T.V. well into the 1980s, so Davy Jones was a big part of my generation's childhood as well.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:19 AM

palace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
At surrey university in the early 80s the SU disco used to end with either stairway to hevan or freebird then im a believer was put on to send people home needless to say it became a cult record we played it as last recored at my wifes 50th last year
RIP Davy
Old 01-03-2012, 08:37 AM
el ballothundero

kiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
RIP

Turning Wright Facebook Page

Turning Wright on Etsy

Maker of pens, turner of wood
Old 01-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Some superb pop songs in the back catalogue - Daydream Believer, Last Train to Clarksville, Pleasant Valley Sunday, I'm a Believer etc, and one really surreal and cult fave film with Jack Nicholson in "Head".

By all accounts a genuinely nice guy, good performer, and died far too young.

As others have said, part of the childhood gone

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 01-03-2012, 09:25 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Loads of good songs being mentioned here but my favourite of theirs is What Am I Doing Hanging Round?
Old 01-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Doting Grandfather

BaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Loved the Monkees TV show when younger. Sad news. RIP Davy.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:33 AM
When Geoff Goes Up...

Palace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS Murray
RIP Davy Jones. That alongside the Dastardly and Mutley, and the Banana Splits used to make my Saturday mornings with a bacon sandwich

Stockport (A) Year 2001
Old 01-03-2012, 09:42 AM

garronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgarronrav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Don
RIP Davy Jones. That alongside the Dastardly and Mutley, and the Banana Splits used to make my Saturday mornings with a bacon sandwich
Me too
This Monkees gone to heaven, RIP Davy Jones
Old 01-03-2012, 10:00 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
I thought my wife was joking when she said that Davy Jones from the Monkees was dead,

Then I saw her face

Now I'm a bereaver.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 01-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooders
Loads of good songs being mentioned here but my favourite of theirs is What Am I Doing Hanging Round?
Just a loudmouth yankee I went down to Mexico!

I also love No time, as well.
Old 21-02-2019, 05:45 PM
Hooray For Boobies

#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Peter Tork gone now too.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

R.I.P.

I loved The Monkees.
Old 21-02-2019, 05:54 PM
Hooray For Boobies

#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 24-02-2019, 10:23 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Peter Tork was a special part of the Monkees, but my word, he could not sing.