Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

View Poll Results: Should Theresa May resign ?
Yes , sooner the better 317 59.70%
No , A lingering death is needed . 112 21.09%
Moo , It's all bo^^ocks 102 19.21%
Voters: 531. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2019, 11:13 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
I hear you. However she had been advised by spreadsheet Phil that targeting 80% reduction in emissions by 2050 would be too expensive for the economy.
Instead she has chosen to go fully carbon neutral which in my book is ambitious.
Ofcourse more could have been done but I take this as a positive (maybe the only positive I would credit to her as PM but a positive nonetheless)
Wrt the green issue there is always more that can be done. I voted green in the local elections but am keenly aware that cycle lanes everywhere and the ability of households to afford a new electric car or non fossil fuel heating, or better insulation will take time
Iím not questioning your green credentials Iím questioning that in a crisis is this enough? Is this ambitious? Of course not. Phil isnít taking into account 1. If we donít make a ww2 style change the world and country will be ****ed and the uplift of all that work and tax derived from it i made in my above post. Also all the other shit will be irrelevant.

And 2. Itís probably better to share this shit so we (our kids) donít all die.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:17 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Hard brexit looks like happening. If it does let’s make the uk the first green economy in the world and sell what we discover. Once we sell it a year or two later let’s give it as we will have already produced better shit. That would be a good global niche.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:56 PM

cod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Whilst she certainly made mistakes, she didn't take us over the no deal cliff edge ...
She has actively ignored everyone else.
She has singlehandedly created a cliff-edge and left us hanging off it.
This is not about making mistakes ... it is an arrogant abuse of power. It is about selfishness .... and being a complete c***.
Old 13-06-2019, 05:55 AM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cod View Post
She has actively ignored everyone else.
She has singlehandedly created a cliff-edge and left us hanging off it.
This is not about making mistakes ... it is an arrogant abuse of power. It is about selfishness .... and being a complete c***.
On brexit, as I have said, i agree that she has been awful....although I would try to avoid your name calling.....she is a human after all just trying to do her job.

I also think she has been awful on other issues e.g. immigration (especially in the home office).
But as a single issue at the end of her term, i think she has gone the right way wrt climatechange
Old 13-06-2019, 07:23 AM
My source from Ocean Park

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
On brexit, as I have said, i agree that she has been awful....although I would try to avoid your name calling.....she is a human after all just trying to do her job.

I also think she has been awful on other issues e.g. immigration (especially in the home office).
But as a single issue at the end of her term, i think she has gone the right way wrt climatechange
What exactly has she announced, she's made a broad brush statement that she won't have to deliver. In my view its impossible when you start to look at what needs to be done and someone else will have to deal with the backlash.

Fools gold.
Old 13-06-2019, 07:35 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
May's pladege on zero carbon is appalling. She has no power to achieve this it is just a blatant attempt to give her appalling failure as PM a positive spin.
Old 13-06-2019, 10:22 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Hard brexit looks like happening. If it does letís make the uk the first green economy in the world and sell what we discover. Once we sell it a year or two later letís give it as we will have already produced better shit. That would be a good global niche.
I'd have done that 20 years ago. The UK is pathetic.
Old 13-06-2019, 10:35 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
To be fair, in that case every other country is just as pathetic as the UK.
Old 13-06-2019, 11:03 AM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
May's pladege on zero carbon is appalling. She has no power to achieve this it is just a blatant attempt to give her appalling failure as PM a positive spin.
To be fair all Governments do it, announce a big headline initiative so far into the future you wont have any responsibility for it and people wont remember it anyway
Old 13-06-2019, 12:32 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
I can't stand May but this could be a very important legacy. Already the renewable energy industry is in full lobbying mode and can sense a massive opportunity to overturn years of hostile policy environment. It would be very difficult for an incoming PM to overturn this - they know they need to appeal to young voters and this is becoming a touchstone issue.
Old 13-06-2019, 03:10 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
The young will be rewarded with zero hour slave contracts in windmill factories

PS, She's not made a good start has she......
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Spindle; 13-06-2019 at 03:18 PM.
Old 13-06-2019, 04:09 PM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Rory Stewart impressed me earlier on sky news. He said if Boris or anyone else tried to dissolve parliament to get Brexit through the MP's would meet over the road and bring him down.
Old 28-06-2019, 01:51 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Reports from her meeting with Putin suggest that she has grown a pair. Maybe we need to do this to Prime Ministers more often?
Old 28-06-2019, 02:05 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Re the bit about the zero carbon in 2050, has anyone read the government's industrial strategy and the four areas of focus? Green energy/decarbonisation, AI, mobility and the aeging society/life science. The zero carbon bit will be in the first three of those.