Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 21-05-2019, 11:35 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Talk up here of the new Scottish manager Clarke drafting James back in.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 21-05-2019, 11:41 AM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
And Barry Banana!
Old 21-05-2019, 11:42 AM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
And he wasn't good enough for Scotland. Ha ha ha ha ha etc.
I thought he'd asked not to be selected, so he could concentrate on remaining fit for Palace?
Old 21-05-2019, 12:29 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
I thought he'd asked not to be selected, so he could concentrate on remaining fit for Palace?
I got the impression from several news snippets he was fed up travelling but often not playing. I do wonder if he was actually being selected, whether he would have carried on.
Old 21-05-2019, 04:24 PM

MAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
BBC Sport:
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Steve Clarke: Scotland manager 'won't chase down retired players'

New Scotland manager Steve Clarke says he will not be "chasing down" players who have retired from international football.

Speaking at his unveiling, Clarke said he plans to "sell my vision" to coax back those who made themselves unavailable under Alex McLeish.

James McArthur, Allan McGregor and Scott Brown have all retired.

"The door is open to everyone. If players have retired, they have to un-retire themselves," Clarke said.

"If they want to come back to the fold they have to get in touch with myself or the Scottish FA and say they want to make themselves available."

"I won't be chasing down players who have retired. I only want players who are 100% committed to Scotland."
Old 05-10-2019, 10:27 PM

Palace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He’s played so many positions for us. RM, LM, attacking midfield etc.

I don’t think we’ve ever really seen him in the holding role he did today. I thought he done really well personally, passing was more accurate than we have seen from Luka these past few games.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:40 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Scotland are total shite and it's easy to see why one would not want to sit in the same bucket.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:12 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Gives 100% every game.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:51 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
We are almost always better win him than without. He is a battler and all effort etc but really doesn’t get enough credit for his technical ability either. No Messi but he’s very capable.

The tight control, turns and some of the passing he does would have thread after thread started if Meyer did them. Cracking signing for us
Old 06-10-2019, 07:58 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
When he eventually leaves, we are going to miss him. He is possibly one of our most underrated players for a long period of time.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:27 AM

wighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
When he eventually leaves, we are going to miss him. He is possibly one of our most underrated players for a long period of time.
Quite agree. I am a big James McArthur fan and he is one of the players that you don't realise how much he does for Palace until he isn't there.
Stay as long as you can Jimmy Mac
Old 06-10-2019, 08:38 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Ultimately seems poor against lower opposition in my opinion. Still love him to bits though...
Old 06-10-2019, 08:47 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He is one of those players that tends to get taken for granted and not fully appreciated by many fans but is so invaluable to a club for the energy and unselfish running/workrate that he brings, which is so vital to a club like CPFC which tends to focus more on workrate rather than skill.
However, it is also crucial we plan ahead and i would say moving forward then players like McArthur and Schlupp are great to have on the bench in reserve, and if we are upgrading and are to step up to the next level then we have to make strong decisions, and a good example of a club that has faced that issue head on is Leicester and Palace would do a lot worse than not to follow that principle.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:10 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
He is one of those players that tends to get taken for granted and not fully appreciated by many fans but is so invaluable to a club for the energy and unselfish running/workrate that he brings, which is so vital to a club like CPFC which tends to focus more on workrate rather than skill.
However, it is also crucial we plan ahead and i would say moving forward then players like McArthur and Schlupp are great to have on the bench in reserve, and if we are upgrading and are to step up to the next level then we have to make strong decisions, and a good example of a club that has faced that issue head on is Leicester and Palace would do a lot worse than not to follow that principle.
Errm then the first thing we need is an uber rich owner with cash they are willing to burn. Leicester have managed their transition exceptionally but they have spent a lot and have bought a bunch of duds along the way too. Their problem today still, I think, is that players still see them as a stepping stone, not a destination. Holding onto Maddisson and Tieleman is their next big test. The former next Summer, I reckon. Ndidi was a wonderful signing too tgat went under the radar. Their strength has been paying over the odds for the right younger players. Gray is debatable at min and Iheanacho not worked but the others have been great.

Edit - sounds like Chilwell is next test.

Last edited by Martin H; 06-10-2019 at 09:56 AM. Reason: New info
Old 06-10-2019, 09:18 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I still think he'll do his badges and come back in a coaching role of sorts. Also, his current contract would see him out I'd suspect.

Looked far better in a deeper role.

As an aside, I'd actually be happy for him to go back on international duty, he's easily good enough and all nations need players with his sort of mentality. It was criminal he barely got to play. I think after he scored that volley against Germany Strachan dropped him for the next game (could be wrong there though). That would make you think twice I suppose.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:30 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Never understood the criticism of JM

The type of player that epitomises Palace for me

Gives 100% every time

Plays for the team and not himself

Never complains

Love him
Old 06-10-2019, 09:45 AM
Supporting Palace away

Eagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I thought he was excellent at West Ham. With Luka out he took over the mantle of the player looking for the ball in the middle and playing it out. Thought he was good vs Norwich but even better vs Norwich. A very tidy centre mid combo with J.McCarthy.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:18 AM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Thought he was superb yesterday in Luka’s role. Actually think we looked better without Luka. Jimmy was much more positive in his passing, looking for feet and playing Wilf in between the lines.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:22 AM

alexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
Thought he was superb yesterday in Luka’s role. Actually think we looked better without Luka. Jimmy was much more positive in his passing, looking for feet and playing Wilf in between the lines.

Let’s be honest. I love Luka to bits but he has been very poor this season. We looked so much better yesterday with that Midfield combo. It was much more balanced McArthur was MOTM for me. What he does goes unnoticed.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:24 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
And Barry Banana!
A legend in his own head!