Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 20-06-2019, 10:26 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Surely it is not a statement, but for internal consumption?

I have a pretty low opinion of team corbyn but even Seamus Milne isn’t quite that stupid.
It's also been taken apart as awful analysis by many. Here's one example (Prof of Politics at Manchester)

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I rather suspect it isn't a neutral bit of research. It's been done to support that outcome, to lend weight to Lexiters
Old 24-06-2019, 10:43 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Hmmm - wonder how JC will work with Uncle Len to get around this one -

Jeremy Corbyn was due to be meeting union leaders this morning, ahead of a shadow cabinet meeting tomorrow where Labour will decide whether to firm up its support for a second referendum and remain. Corbyn has already said that the party would put any Brexit deal to a second referendum, but he has not committed Labour to backing remain, or committed the party to making remain a general election pledge.

Ahead of today’s meeting, the People’s Vote campaign has released a poll from YouGov of almost 2,000 trade unionists showing that, by a wide margin, they want a second referendum and want Labour to campaign for remain.

Here are some of the findings.

The polls shows that rank-and-file trade union members:

Support staying in the EU by a margin of 71 to 29 per cent if there is a new referendum.

Back having a people’s vote by 64 to 33 per cent.

Support for such a final say referendum rises to 78 per cent with just 17 per cent opposed among trade unionists who voted Labour in the last general election.

Want Labour to campaign for the UK to stay in the EU by a three-to-one margin of 60 to 21 percent – rising to 74 to 10 per cent among the party’s 2017 voters.

Commenting on the results, the Labour MP Jo Stevens, secretary of the trade union group of Labour MPs and a People’s Vote supporter, said:

Labour’s official position is still too far behind that of our party members and voters, not to mention grassroots trade unionists who are the bedrock of our movement.

When Jeremy Corbyn meets with trade union general secretaries, I hope he hears the strong message from working people, trade union members up and down the country, that we want a people’s vote just like his constituents do in Islington – because now, more than ever, we need those voices to be heard.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 24-06-2019, 10:50 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
The problem i see for Labour on this issue is even if they do move to second referendum/remain, can anyone trust Corbyn to deliver?

Particularly after the last three years?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 24-06-2019, 10:51 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
The problem i see for Labour on this issue is even if they do move to second referendum/remain, can anyone trust Corbyn to deliver?

I don't trust him to deliver, but a Labour party committing to Remain would still get my vote. Let's be honest, he / they cannot be worse than the shower of shit in the blue section.

I'll vote Lib Dem unless Labour commit to Remain.
Old 24-06-2019, 10:51 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

I agree - but if he didn't, I would see any move to remove him having a much greater chance of success given the depth of feeling in the bulk of the membership.

Old 24-06-2019, 10:57 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
I thought we were told by The leavers on here that the trade unions wanted brexit.
Old 24-06-2019, 11:10 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
I thought we were told by The leavers on here that the trade unions wanted brexit.
Skint, if that's who you mean, has made a lot of untrue claims.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 24-06-2019, 11:14 AM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Hmmm - wonder how JC will work with Uncle Len to get around this one -

Jeremy Corbyn was due to be meeting union leaders this morning, ahead of a shadow cabinet meeting tomorrow where Labour will decide whether to firm up its support for a second referendum and remain. Corbyn has already said that the party would put any Brexit deal to a second referendum, but he has not committed Labour to backing remain, or committed the party to making remain a general election pledge.

Ahead of today’s meeting, the People’s Vote campaign has released a poll from YouGov of almost 2,000 trade unionists showing that, by a wide margin, they want a second referendum and want Labour to campaign for remain.

Here are some of the findings.

The polls shows that rank-and-file trade union members:

Support staying in the EU by a margin of 71 to 29 per cent if there is a new referendum.

Back having a people’s vote by 64 to 33 per cent.

Support for such a final say referendum rises to 78 per cent with just 17 per cent opposed among trade unionists who voted Labour in the last general election.

Want Labour to campaign for the UK to stay in the EU by a three-to-one margin of 60 to 21 percent – rising to 74 to 10 per cent among the party’s 2017 voters.

Commenting on the results, the Labour MP Jo Stevens, secretary of the trade union group of Labour MPs and a People’s Vote supporter, said:

Labour’s official position is still too far behind that of our party members and voters, not to mention grassroots trade unionists who are the bedrock of our movement.

When Jeremy Corbyn meets with trade union general secretaries, I hope he hears the strong message from working people, trade union members up and down the country, that we want a people’s vote just like his constituents do in Islington – because now, more than ever, we need those voices to be heard.
Before I retired I was a member of a trade union and voted "Remain".
Not sure I ever thought of myself as a "rank-and-file trade union member".
Old 24-06-2019, 11:27 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Some do and most do not.

It’s the same with lots of things. Take defence. Unions like Unite will be massively conflicted if Corbyn gets his way on defence policy, and why Labour’s existing defence policy is like their existing Brexit policy in that it can be read however the reader chooses to read it.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 24-06-2019, 01:49 PM
My source from Ocean Park

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Skint, if that's who you mean, has made a lot of untrue claims.
You're becoming a bit obsessed with me.

It depends on the union, in any event McClusky at least for now supports leave.
Old 24-06-2019, 02:26 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
You're becoming a bit obsessed with me.
You stand pre-eminent amongst the spreaders of falsehood, true, but other than that really there's not much to obsess about.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 25-06-2019, 01:35 PM
Watching from Warmington

Twitter from Kevin Schofield on outcome of Shadow Cabinet on Brexit etc....

Have had it confirmed that no decision was taken at Shadow Cabinet on Labour's Brexit position, off the back of stalemate in talks with Unite yesterday.
One MP says: "Is it the Shadow Cabinet for Her Majesty's Opposition or the Shadow Cabinet for Unite?"

Old 25-06-2019, 05:31 PM
My source from Ocean Park

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
You stand pre-eminent amongst the spreaders of falsehood, true, but other than that really there's not much to obsess about.
If this were twitter you'd be one of my followers.
Old 25-06-2019, 05:55 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Jezza should go on the attack over the business with Southern Water that occurred during the coalition period. He should ask Truss and Paterson what they were doing and who was monitoring Ofwat during that period. The infrastructure owners should also be quizzed. This looks a pretty disgraceful episode.
Old 25-06-2019, 06:59 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
If this were twitter you'd be one of my followers.
Maybe after I chose to follow Katie Hopkins.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 25-06-2019, 08:01 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Twitter from Kevin Schofield on outcome of Shadow Cabinet on Brexit etc....

Have had it confirmed that no decision was taken at Shadow Cabinet on Labour's Brexit position, off the back of stalemate in talks with Unite yesterday.
One MP says: "Is it the Shadow Cabinet for Her Majesty's Opposition or the Shadow Cabinet for Unite?"
Have we gone back in time to the early 80's?

Labour have a near open goal, but have Tommy Langley up front
Old 25-06-2019, 09:05 PM
Watching from Warmington

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Have we gone back in time to the early 80's?

Labour have a near open goal, but have Tommy Langley up front
Interesting that McDonnell is now pushing hard against JC’s position.

Old 25-06-2019, 10:03 PM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Is the Labour Party the most useless opposition party ever? The party of government is a shambles yet her majesty's official opposition are in such a mess that they can't land a single punch.
Old 25-06-2019, 10:26 PM
handwringing islamofacist

Clapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
It's also been taken apart as awful analysis by many. Here's one example (Prof of Politics at Manchester)

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I rather suspect it isn't a neutral bit of research. It's been done to support that outcome, to lend weight to Lexiters

Ah yes Rob Ford who predicted that the tories would win a 3 figure majority in 2017 with a swing of 6% in their favour and who in January 2017 claimed that Corbyn was such a terrible leader that he'd de facto shifted the Overton Window to the right. That's all definitely turned out to be true I must say.

The fact that he has regularly described Corbyn as "useless" and "actively harmful" to the Labour Party makes him the perfect chap to analyse Corbyn's policies in an impartial way. But you rather suspect that you're good at spotting bias so you'll already know all this.

Walter Benjamin
Old 25-06-2019, 10:30 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
I thought we were told by The leavers on here that the union wanted brexit.
Yes, particularly the European Union. It doesn't work, apparently there is no way 27 countries can agree on anything.

Weird how they have logically agreed a form of Brexit as per May's red lines but one nation under a tory government can't agree it.