Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 18-02-2019, 12:59 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Palace Heroes

I've just been rewatching the FA Cup run of 2016 and the play off win.

So who makes your list of Palace heroes from your generation?

I will kick off with a couple of obvious ones from very recent times. Add yours some that perhaps wouldn't be obvious in a golden generation but have been so important in recent times some obvious and some less so.

Speroni - needs no explanation

Joel Ward - absolute class, promotion season, several PL years and FA Cup... Not forgetting last minute clearence off the line I in the PO final itself.

Your turn...
Old 18-02-2019, 01:02 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Jedi for leading us up and keeping us there.

Ambrose - a massive contribution when the club was on its knees and that goal at Hillsbrough.
Old 18-02-2019, 01:08 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Austin for services to clapping.
Old 18-02-2019, 01:11 AM

LiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ramage and Damo I suppose fall into 'heroes' category rather than legends

Last edited by LiamelEagle; 18-02-2019 at 01:18 AM.
Old 18-02-2019, 01:13 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Damo... 'Nuff said.
Old 18-02-2019, 01:23 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamelEagle View Post
Ramage and Damo I suppose fall into 'heroes' category rather than legends?
I'm pretty sure you can be both but I doubt either of those are.

But I sometimes wonder how we will look back in this era when we do lose our Premier League - which will surely happen at some point.

The likes of Humphrey, Shaw, Thomas, McGoldrick, Young, Thorn, Dean Gordon, Craig Moore and others are all revered now. I have great memories of them too. Of course we haven't finished 3rd in the league but this is a very different era and we have certainly lasted longer in the top flight.

For me the likes of Ward, Jedinak, Delaney, Luka, Wilf, Andros, Tomkins, Bolasie, Sakho, Cabaye, PVA, Dann, I could go on... will all go down as great players and some of the finest we have ever had. Yet most of them have received huge criticism at times on here.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 18-02-2019 at 01:49 AM.
Old 18-02-2019, 11:17 AM
Treble Treble User

NorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorthCurveEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Speroni, Johnson, Ambrose, Ward, Jedi, Murray, Wilf.

I'm a young thing though.
Old 18-02-2019, 11:22 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Austin for services to clapping.
Massive influence on my clapping style.
Old 18-02-2019, 12:42 PM

Since 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wright and Bright took us to our best ever finish and first FA Cup final.
Old 18-02-2019, 01:09 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Wayne Hennessey
Old 18-02-2019, 01:20 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
The current team is the best one we've ever had by dint of the fact they are defensively very good but can play out from the back. Dominate possession create lots of chances and even though our strikers are misfiring we score a goal or two almost every match. But we can still also do the counter attacking park the bus stuff.

Our B team is a genuine lower half premiership team instead of a bottom half championship team which is what it's been for years.

Whether they legends is a bit debatable. But quite a lot of them won a playoff final and got us to another cup final. Five years ago that would have been instant legend status I reckon.

The admin team probably are legends because they kept us up after a 10 point deduction and losing some massive players.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 18-02-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Old 18-02-2019, 01:22 PM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Lombardo. The first time we had a genuine world class player.Also seemed a decent chap.
Old 18-02-2019, 01:24 PM
Uzi Lover

Boyandy will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBoyandy will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBoyandy will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBoyandy will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBoyandy will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBoyandy will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBoyandy will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBoyandy will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBoyandy will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBoyandy will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBoyandy will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
For me the likes of Ward, Jedinak, Delaney, Luka, Wilf, Andros, Tomkins, Bolasie, Sakho, Cabaye, PVA, Dann, I could go on... will all go down as great players and some of the finest we have ever had. Yet most of them have received huge criticism at times on here.
I think that has more to do with the time rather than anything else. Had there been the BBS back in the Coppell era I expect the likes of Shaw, Barber, Salako and McGoldrick would have got a fair amount of stick at the time. Back then, the only outlet for criticism was telling it to your mates or writing in to Eagle Eye.

Obviously the SC era is viewed as a great period in our history (and it was), but I remember the 16 year old me getting fed up with our style of play once Wright had left. If only I'd known what else was to follow...
Old 18-02-2019, 01:59 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
A controversial choice given the enmity towards him these days, but the doog will still probably be my favourite player..
Old 18-02-2019, 02:01 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Clinton Morrison! Sometimes think he would still score more goals than some of the strikers we have had
Old 18-02-2019, 02:08 PM

*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Butterfield. In my twenties and the hattrick in the cup just after administration was announced was amazing - one of my favourite palace nights at selhurst . Always loved Danny
Old 18-02-2019, 02:09 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Chris Armstrong

Dougie for Stockport

Hopkin for that Wembley goal
Old 18-02-2019, 02:18 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Speroni
Old 18-02-2019, 02:18 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Captain Geoff Thomas , what a footballer , What a man , on and off the pitch , Legend .
Old 18-02-2019, 03:52 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Freedman. Forget the whole Bolton crap, the man is still a massive part of what our club is about.

He saved us three times.