Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MoM
Guaita 0 0%
Ward 4 2.07%
Kouyate 27 13.99%
Dann 55 28.50%
Mitchell 24 12.44%
McCarthy 8 4.15%
McArthur * 1 0.52%
Schlupp ** 60 31.09%
Townsend 6 3.11%
Ayew 3 1.55%
Zaha 2 1.04%
* Riedewald 3 1.55%
** Milivojevic 0 0%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-07-2020, 05:17 PM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
Palace 1-1 Tottenham

We played well today but this game highlighted what is lacking in our team. We often won the ball in good posititons but there was no one to play it to forwards, and the lack of movement off the ball is so poor. We won a lot of ball today and probably should have gotten another, but credit to the team for not giving up once they scored
Old 26-07-2020, 05:20 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
We played well today but this game highlighted what is lacking in our team. We often won the ball in good posititons but there was no one to play it to forwards, and the lack of movement off the ball is so poor. We won a lot of ball today and probably should have gotten another, but credit to the team for not giving up once they scored
I agree and I saw enough that given better attacking players Roy Hodgson can still get this team to be competitive. But whoever manages us will need investment in the attacking areas. Especially if Wilf goes.
Old 26-07-2020, 05:21 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
We should have won that.
Negative subs for no reason
Why risk Luka for 6 mins
Spurs were awful
Not sure I want another season of Roy-ball
Bye Wilf, thanks for the memories, please leave in a dignified way
Old 26-07-2020, 05:23 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Looked better in a 442 again. Townsend’s best Gabe for a while and Schlupp looked quick, strong and dangerous. Mcarthy dithered on the ball a bit but he and jimmy Mac (then Jairo) never looked like being overrun in a midfield 2. Mitchell looks like he has enough to be reserve lb and be developed.

Interesting weeks ahead to see who comes in and who goes. Luka/zaha/Benteke out? Maybe Meyer if he is t going to play and Sakho if we can lure Lyon into selling traore.
Old 26-07-2020, 09:33 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Played okay I suppose , defensive lapse - but no cutting edge again. Basically - our season.
Old 26-07-2020, 09:40 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
I think we were the better team but didn't have the better players. Kouyate could be a good ball playing defender if he wants to play there. McCarthy has got better since he has been playing and it was good to see Shlupp pushing forward. The rest played well enough but nothing to get excited about.
Old 26-07-2020, 10:01 PM

Old Joe Paxton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOld Joe Paxton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOld Joe Paxton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOld Joe Paxton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOld Joe Paxton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOld Joe Paxton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOld Joe Paxton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOld Joe Paxton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOld Joe Paxton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOld Joe Paxton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOld Joe Paxton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well done Scott Dann.

Largely unsung Palace legend IMHO. Solid, always committed, dangerous at set pieces and now with new added value playing from the back
Old 26-07-2020, 10:13 PM

glenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is here
Kouyate for me, but Dann has been our best player since the restart.
Old 26-07-2020, 10:25 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Dann really good . Mitchell raw but has the talent. Not every young player is going to be a AWB. The thing that got me was when Spurs brought Ali on. I had totally forgotten about him , one time wonder kid.
Old 26-07-2020, 11:14 PM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
Better performance then recent ones but don't want getting a draw disguise the fact we need to add to the squad and move on the likes of meyer benteke Sakho and reidewald they just don't give enough for what we pay them .
Old 26-07-2020, 11:23 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
Dann really good . Mitchell raw but has the talent. Not every young player is going to be a AWB. The thing that got me was when Spurs brought Ali on. I had totally forgotten about him , one time wonder kid.
Lol. 50 goals in 154 appearances and 37 England caps aged 24. Wish we had a one time wonder kid like that on our bench.
Old 27-07-2020, 12:52 AM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Kouyate and Schlupp
Old 27-07-2020, 01:10 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
Lol. 50 goals in 154 appearances and 37 England caps aged 24. Wish we had a one time wonder kid like that on our bench.
Was'nt questioning his ability .know he is a very talented player, but was wondering why he does'nt get that much time at the moment. Is he not a Jose type. Have him at Palace in a blink.
Old 27-07-2020, 01:17 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Alli and Schlupp were having a good old chin wag after the game... seemed like old friend.

Must be a Milton Keynes thing.

As an aside, I'm surprised so many voted for Schlupp as MOM... apart from the goal I thought he was terrible (well not great)... gave the ball away lots in bad places.

As a team, played with a bit more energy than of late, but still frustrating to watch.

Subs were too late, wrong personnel in the circumstances , and very predictable.

What's new.
Old 27-07-2020, 08:12 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Alli and Schlupp were having a good old chin wag after the game... seemed like old friend.

As an aside, I'm surprised so many voted for Schlupp as MOM... apart from the goal I thought he was terrible (well not great)... gave the ball away lots in bad places.

As a team, played with a bit more energy than of late, but still frustrating to watch.

Subs were too late, wrong personnel in the circumstances , and very predictable.

What's new.
Just came to see what was on here avout Schlupp having seen he got motm

Are people really that blinded by a goal? He was awful! Good finish but that's what he does. He doesn't track back, constantly watches things happen ans points. If he loses the ball he's hopping and clapping anout how close he was when jts there to be won back etc.. i actually like him as a wide man. I think he could do a good job in a front three. He is terrible in cm but he scores good goals. I cant believe ppl think he is motm because he blasted the ball in from 6 yards.
Old 27-07-2020, 08:49 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Just came to see what was on here avout Schlupp having seen he got motm

Are people really that blinded by a goal? He was awful! Good finish but that's what he does. He doesn't track back, constantly watches things happen ans points. If he loses the ball he's hopping and clapping anout how close he was when jts there to be won back etc.. i actually like him as a wide man. I think he could do a good job in a front three. He is terrible in cm but he scores good goals. I cant believe ppl think he is motm because he blasted the ball in from 6 yards.
It was a good finish, and I think he wasn't too bad, but definately not the man of the match for us. I like the way him, Zaha and Mitchell go forwards though it looked at least vaguely threatening.

But MoM is like praising the quality of the assit provided by Ayew for the goal...
Old 27-07-2020, 08:57 AM

old geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post

What's new.
Wrong personnel?
What options does Roy have - no forward and no creativity in midfield
His style may be somewhat predictable and unexciting but he has had no support in transfers during his tenure
Old 27-07-2020, 09:03 AM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old geezer View Post
Wrong personnel?
What options does Roy have - no forward and no creativity in midfield
His style may be somewhat predictable and unexciting but he has had no support in transfers during his tenure
This game was crying out for Meyer to come in with a bit of forward runninng.
Old 27-07-2020, 09:24 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That was really pleasing to watch an actual fighting performance when we all had expected a heavy loss especially after they took an early lead, and it must have been very pleasing for Roy to see his team battle as he would have expected to be watching an 8th successive defeat, so if it turns out to be his swansong game then he can hold his head held high.
I thought Dann and Kouyate were superb in Central Defence, and Kouyate showed he will grow much more into the role once given more gametime but will also give us composure in that area, allowing us to move on Sakho. The other players worthy of a mention i felt was McCarthy who i felt had by far his best Palace game, and the often maligned on the bbs the honest Joel Ward who put in a proper shift, ok not spectacular but these were my stand out performers.
But lets not forget what went before yesterday, and also there is major surgery needed this summer.
Old 27-07-2020, 10:14 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Guaits 6 Fine

Mitchell 7 Looks up to the required standard
Dann 7 Solid squad player
Kouyate 7 Much better at centre back as his passing is less of an issue
Ward 6 Solid pro

Schlupp 7 MOM lacks energy, hunger, desire and technical ability required for midfield positions, but he's got loads of positive attributes - good in the air, can tackle, strong, fast, powerful, can shoot well and now we can add good anticipation in the box. Would be my first choice attacking left back next season with PVA's injury, especially if we can sign the midfielders we so badly need. (He's a squad player as a left mid.)

McArthur 5 A good squad player, not first XI standard
McCarthy A good squad player, not first XI standard
Townsend 5 A good squad player these day

Zaha 5 Not in the game, Aurier was too strong for him.
Ayew 5 Worked hard. A good squad player.

Kouyate should be up there challenging to start at centre back next season. His passing when under pressure in midfield is awful, but when he has more time on the ball and is further back it's fine. Unlike all the other centre backs at the club he has pace. Could be a starter at centre back, should be a squad player in centre mid.

Mitchell has shown he has enough to be a squad player at left back. That should mean we don't need to waste precious transfer funds on a left back next season. Schlupp should start at left back next season. JS doesn't have the technical ability required to pass well when under pressure in midfield, but at left back there's more time and space; he has the power and pace to exploit it. With so many attributes, the guy has been a great signing for us.

Our midfield is atrocious. There's not enough technical ability in there, or pace. We need centre mids and we need wide midfielders. Desperately. We also miss having a centre forward who can hold it up so having Benteke and Wickham back, plus possibly signing Mitrovic if Fulham don't go up, is a must.

Lots of work to do over the summer.