Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 04-05-2018, 02:50 PM

wavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Possibly indeed but the New York Dolls et al were kindof a one off thing ish. We took their starter for 5 and really ran with it!!

I think!
Not just the New York Dolls. Arguably the whole CBGB (Country Bluegrass Blues and Other Music For Uplifting Gormandizers) scene was the inspiration for Malcolm Mclaren to found the Sex Pistols and those bands were initially included The Ramones, Television, Patti Smith, Debbie Harry.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:50 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
I don't think Pretty Vacant by The Pistols has been mentioned yet.
It should've been.
Another great rock and roll record.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:00 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Even Blondie to some extent.
Yep. I'm always touched by your presence dear.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:02 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Reading the lists makes me wants to change the one I posted.
Reading the lists makes me realise this includes New Wave despite being told several times without me noticing.

Pretty vacant!

I still maintain IDATBH are a rock and roll band though.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Yep. I'm always touched by your presence dear.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:12 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Reading the lists makes me realise this includes New Wave despite being told several times without me noticing.

Pretty vacant!

I still maintain IDATBH are a rock and roll band though.
You also didnt notice that Pretty Vacant got a mention on 2 of the 3 first listed lists on this thread.

I thought we had established that none of us have been wrong about the type of band they were.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
You also didnt notice that Pretty Vacant got a mention on 2 of the 3 first listed lists on this thread.

I thought we had established that none of us have been wrong about the type of band they were.
I pointed out about that on page 3. Edited admittedly.

Let's just both admit that you're more wrong than me and draw a line under all this pettiness.

Old 04-05-2018, 03:19 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
I pointed out about that on page 3. Edited admittedly.

Let's just both admit that you're more wrong than me and draw a line under all this pettiness.

We are both right so both of us have a reason to be cheerful so lets not risk the harmony by either of us admitting to a level of wrongness eh?
Old 04-05-2018, 03:20 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
In no particular order off the top of my head and deliberately not using more of my favourite band The Stranglers songs (Hanging Around & 5 minutes)....

No More Heroes- The Stranglers
Suspect Device- SLF
Smash it up- The Damned
Something Better Change- The Stranglers
Anarchy in the UK- Pistols
English Civil War- Clash
Tube Station- The Jam
Tomorrows Girls- UK Subs
Borstal Breakout- Sham69
Teenage Kicks-Undertones

Last edited by Big Gav; 04-05-2018 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
We are both right so both of us have a reason to be cheerful so lets not risk the harmony by either of us admitting to a level of wrongness eh?
Part 3.

I'll take that.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:24 PM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Bucks Fizz -Land of Make Believe
Tight Fight - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
Goombay Dance Band - Seven Tears
Aneka - Japanese Boy
Brotherhood of Man - Fernando
Barron Knights - Bit of Aggro
The Seekers - You Won't Find Another Love Like Mine
Dana - Cold Cold Christmas
Rubettes - Sugar Baby Love
Pilot - January

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Aneka - Japanese Boy
Pilot - January
Wot no Level 42? !!! (or The Beatles)
Old 04-05-2018, 03:27 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Prompted by this thread my neighbours are spending Friday afternoon listing to The New York Dolls, whether they like it or not.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Aneka - Japanese Boy
Pilot - January
I love most of those.
Especially the last 3.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Wot no Level 42? !!! (or The Beatles)
Or Joe Dolce!!
Old 04-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Certa Cito

Salisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I love most of those.
Especially the last 3.
No room for Paper Lace and Billy don't be a hero?
Old 04-05-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salisbury View Post
No room for Paper Lace and Billy don't be a hero?
My big sis bought me that when I was a little boy.
We don't talk anymore.
She bought me that one too.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:35 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
The only ones -another planet

I always think of them as more punky than rock
Old 04-05-2018, 03:37 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Chuwubawuba - everything they ever did
Old 04-05-2018, 03:52 PM

Wired for sound.