Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-12-2018, 09:28 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
Its going to be a tricky one to call Jason as to who will be picked for the next game, as Roy is always loyal and reluctant for change.
I'd say it's harder with Tomkins and Kelly, the latter for me was MOTM today!
Old 15-12-2018, 09:31 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
I'm a Hennessey fan but delighted Guiata played well and want him to keep his spot.

It's the anti Hennessey brigade that can't see beyond their own personal hating agenda.
Mate

Nobody ‘hates’ Wayne
Old 15-12-2018, 09:32 PM

Shipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Big difference is his quick distribution and willingness to get the ball out and start the counter attack which will suit as more when Wilf returns.

WH has been playing well but seems to look for the long kick upfield to a non existent CF or playing through the splt CB’s slowing it down allowing the opposition to get behind the ball.
Old 15-12-2018, 09:35 PM

kark came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkark came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkark came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkark came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkark came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkark came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkark came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkark came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkark came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkark came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkark came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I still get the impression from Roy's post match comments he didn't want Guaita and literally just played him because he had to.

I love Roy but he can bloody be stubborn just for the sake of it sometimes.

His stubbornness will eventually result in his sacking
Old 15-12-2018, 09:37 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I still get the impression from Roy's post match comments he didn't want Guaita and literally just played him because he had to.

I love Roy but he can bloody be stubborn just for the sake of it sometimes.
He must learn lessons from matches like the one today and look forwards. He must be subjective in his outlook and not be staid in his ways.

If he continues to lead us down blind alleys, playing second-rate favourites and digging his heels in about making substitutes and other tactical changes, then he will invite pressure on himself as we will continue to underachieve and we will return to miserable match days at Selhurst Park.

Come on, Roy!
Old 15-12-2018, 09:39 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kark View Post
His stubbornness will eventually result in his sacking
I'm afraid that this will be the case. Which would be a real shame, but he can't expect us to be served up second-rate shit every week and for him not to take some responsibility.
Old 15-12-2018, 11:11 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Fist bump followed by a yellow card.
Legend.
Old 15-12-2018, 11:27 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
That really was a very very very good save
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 15-12-2018, 11:31 PM
Registered Useless

charltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Guatia was rather bollox today
Pleas bring back bwayne
Old 15-12-2018, 11:37 PM

CPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Simply a save WH wouldn’t have made
Nail on head.
Old 15-12-2018, 11:49 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Just proves you can't judge a player on one or two appearances. Also nice to see he was able to catch a ball when required to do so. That may be needed more than one or twice next Saturday. City were very poor but Manchester City will be a different beast for whoever gets the nod.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 15-12-2018, 11:59 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
He's going to cost us points, he's going to earn us points, but he's guaranteed to get us off our seats. I'm both excited and terrified with our new lunatic goalkeeper. I like him.
Old 16-12-2018, 12:10 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
He's going to cost us points, he's going to earn us points, but he's guaranteed to get us off our seats. I'm both excited and terrified with our new lunatic goalkeeper. I like him.
The incident with Vardy was just like Speroni v Everton all those years ago except he got away with it
Old 16-12-2018, 12:18 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
The incident with Vardy was just like Speroni v Everton all those years ago except he got away with it
Yep. I heard Everton mentioned after that skidmark of a first touch.

I've just got in and haven't read the rest of the posts on this thread, but did anyone else watch him off the ball swaying side to side on the edge of the box just waiting for an opportunity to do something? Not sure why, but he reminded me of Murdock. What a save though.
Old 16-12-2018, 12:22 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
Not sure why, but he reminded me of Murdock.
The australian tory backing media scumbag, or the 80's A team brains?

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 16-12-2018, 12:27 AM

Madden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy feelers View Post
What. A. Save.
Hennessey"s at Old Trafford a couple of weeks back was probably equal to it. I'm expecting Guaita to keep his place next week as he has come in, put in a sound display and kept a clean sheet!
Old 16-12-2018, 12:28 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Or the one out of Gorillaz?
Old 16-12-2018, 12:31 AM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Hennessey just would never have got a hand down to the ball that quickly to save the Vardy shot. It would have been 1-1 and the game dynamics would have changed. It would be quite possible that Leicester would have scored as we pushed for our second / match winner - we have seen it many many times under Hennessey as we crumble and concede another goal or two to lose the game.

In my mind it is absolutely clear and simple - Guaita earned us two if not three points today that we would not have got with Hennessey in goal. That is exactly what we have been missing week in and week out. It's like a breath of fresh air, and that surely will benefit the confidence of the defence, which spreads forwards throughout the team.

After a very difficult, and at times rather depressing period, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel again. Onwards and upwards.
This
Old 16-12-2018, 12:34 AM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Or the one out of Gorillaz?
I ain't happy, on the bench

Pretty obvious really.
Old 16-12-2018, 12:38 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
It was a good save but if it had gone in off the post there’d be some saying he should have done better. Fine margins. He made his own luck for sure.
He got away with the one at the other end too, though the water was visibly spinning off the slowing ball from Luka’s backpass which may have put him in two minds. Should have just smashed it upfield straight away.
A lucky keeper? Let’s fvcking hope so