Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-06-2019, 09:42 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Hodgson said at the VP dinner that the physicality of the EPL was a big issue for Max. He was totally exhausted in many of the games. Burnley away he told the club he had never experienced anything like that in his whole career.

I think this pre season he will have time to improve strength and stamina. Could be huge for him.
I have no doubt he has found our game a lot more harder to adapt to, but this is a very good player that has played at the highest level for club and Country so is that really the issue? or could it be that if he had played more often his fitness levels and stamina would have improved much quicker.
My opinion is he is an excellent player that is simply playing at the wrong club, he needs a club that plays a passing game like Wolves or Norwich, wherby Palace's midfield is more of a robust playing style.
But as you say if he stays pre season could be crucial to seeing the player we all hoped to see.
Old 14-06-2019, 12:59 AM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
man I can't wait to watch him next season, like many ITT I really believe Max will show his quality. If Wilf stays the thought of him linking up with a more experienced/fitter MM is exciting. Get him floating between the lines and someone supplying him regularly (Seri?) v the shite sides and Burnley and I'm sure the home form will improve
Old 14-06-2019, 07:33 AM

Lukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Itís obvious to literally everyone that his physical presence is a huge reasons why heís not playing more.
It didnít stop Cabaye, I always saw him as a like for like replacement.
Old 14-06-2019, 08:26 AM

cockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey. View Post
It didnít stop Cabaye, I always saw him as a like for like replacement.
I find it unbelievable for anyone who's really watched both players to have this view. 3 years at Palace, and so many fans seem not to have noticed what Cabaye actually did.
Old 14-06-2019, 09:06 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockles View Post
I find it unbelievable for anyone who's really watched both players to have this view. 3 years at Palace, and so many fans seem not to have noticed what Cabaye actually did.
Donít engage him. Seriously he doesnít have a clue.
Old 14-06-2019, 09:33 AM

Lukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why is that so wrong? Both technically gifted players who prefer to play deep with some defensive qualities.

We have barely seen max in the middle so it’s hard to judge.
Old 14-06-2019, 09:54 AM
Untapped potential....

DAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Itís obvious to literally everyone that his physical presence is a huge reasons why heís not playing more.
I think that who we have been able to put beside him has been a contributing factor
Old 14-06-2019, 10:15 AM
Oh No!

AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
I have no doubt he has found our game a lot more harder to adapt to, but this is a very good player that has played at the highest level for club and Country so is that really the issue? or could it be that if he had played more often his fitness levels and stamina would have improved much quicker.
My opinion is he is an excellent player that is simply playing at the wrong club, he needs a club that plays a passing game like Wolves or Norwich, wherby Palace's midfield is more of a robust playing style.
But as you say if he stays pre season could be crucial to seeing the player we all hoped to see.
The German league is slower and less physical than other top leagues which maybe why there are not too many top German players in the PL.
Old 14-06-2019, 10:48 AM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
The German league is slower and less physical than other top leagues which maybe why there are not too many top German players in the PL.
And why many young English players go there and do well.

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 14-06-2019, 10:53 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Germany normally wins the world cup. Where do their players play?
Old 14-06-2019, 10:57 AM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
The German players never lack for mental and physical strength or fitness, Max is a very good player if you make the runs he will find the pass, he is not a good def player unless you count ball retention a very important part of the modern game. This season i think we will see the best of him if we keep the squad together.
Old 14-06-2019, 11:13 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Very debatable. I (and many others) would say deadlift - More muscle activation, and heavier possible weights. Comfortably the two best lifts though, and the foundations of my gym routine along with various bench presses.
You might find this interesting. I can highly recommend this program, have used it many times over the past ten years and stand by it

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 14-06-2019, 11:31 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
An odd definition of 'normally'
Old 14-06-2019, 11:35 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post
You might find this interesting. I can highly recommend this program, have used it many times over the past ten years and stand by it

To view the link you have to Register or Login
That is interesting, thanks. My programs working fine for me so far, and being an intermediate lifter at best, I’m not too concerned about one rep maxes yet (I don’t even know what mine are). But good read and something I’ll keep in mind for the future. Outside of my program which is from muscleandstrength.com, I get most of my lifting information from Athlean X.
Old 17-06-2019, 11:23 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Team from their last big game against Holland:

Germany
Germany Germany England
France Germany Spain Germany
Germany
Germany England

Couple of points though, 5 of the 7 players from the German league are from 1 club. As many players as came from the German league, outside Bayern, came from the PL.

Oh and they lost that game and have been pretty poor for years, currently outside the FIFA top 10.

World Number 1 Belgium, in their last game 7 of 11 starters play in PL. France often have up to half their starting XI from the PL, Brazil's last game was 4 of 11 starters and then come England in 4th where everyone is in the PL. The exceptions in FIFA's top 5 are Portugal where it is only 2.

If you take the FIFA top 5 more players play in the PL than any other league and by a significant margin.
Old 17-06-2019, 04:10 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
1 win since 1990? Not bad still.

Not that that has anything to do with commenting that the German domestic league is slower and less physical. So is Spain's to an extent, and doesn't impact them much.

Domestic leagues are probably better compared by CL and Europa standings, rather than international teams. German teams have fallen away a little over recent years to my mind.
Old 17-06-2019, 09:15 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Looking forward to see if he can push on next season
Old 18-06-2019, 10:25 AM
Oh No!

AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
1 win since 1990? Not bad still.

Not that that has anything to do with commenting that the German domestic league is slower and less physical. So is Spain's to an extent, and doesn't impact them much.

Domestic leagues are probably better compared by CL and Europa standings, rather than international teams. German teams have fallen away a little over recent years to my mind.
I think the CL is different as that is over 2 games compared to a season of 38 fast and physical games. It is noticable how few German players are in the PL compared to other European nations and of those not too many of the German players are the better players. I think Huddersfield had the most, yet MC had 2 and Chelsea 1.
Old 18-06-2019, 12:51 PM
Palace till I die

casinocolin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecasinocolin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecasinocolin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecasinocolin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecasinocolin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecasinocolin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecasinocolin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecasinocolin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecasinocolin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecasinocolin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecasinocolin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I think the CL is different as that is over 2 games compared to a season of 38 fast and physical games. It is noticable how few German players are in the PL compared to other European nations and of those not too many of the German players are the better players. I think Huddersfield had the most, yet MC had 2 and Chelsea 1.
I think Norwich have seven German's in their squad, will be interesting how they adapt next season.......

Steve Parish our greatest chairmen.
Old 18-06-2019, 08:16 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by casinocolin View Post
I think Norwich have seven German's in their squad, will be interesting how they adapt next season.......
Norwich will have to change drastically, play the expansive football they did in the championship, and they’ll get walloped most weeks. Definitely my relegation pick at the moment.