Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 17-01-2019, 01:22 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
No .... just abide with the people's spoken wishes in the referendum as Parliament voted it would ... Shouldn't be too hard for him.
So MPs don't need to vote according to how their constituency voted. Glad we cleared that up.
Old 17-01-2019, 01:24 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
It's already one all
In out in out shake it all about Woh oh, the okey cokey!
Best of 5?
Old 17-01-2019, 01:25 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
So MPs don't need to vote according to how their constituency voted. Glad we cleared that up.
Yes .... Just carry out the referendum result will do.....like they voted to.
Old 17-01-2019, 01:25 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
in-exile and his brexidiots desperately clinging to the hope of leaving the EU no deal style, now fully backing a PV which he so despised, but only if it can be rigged. What an undemocratic tosser.
Old 17-01-2019, 01:31 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes .... Just carry out the referendum result will do.....like they voted to.
Like when the Tories (including May) voted against the result of the Wales referendum?
Old 17-01-2019, 01:31 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
2 question referendum

If remain wins question 2 is void.

Question 1

Leave the EU
Remain

Question 2

No deal
Government deal
We've already had the first referendum.
Old 17-01-2019, 01:32 PM
Climbing for dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
We've already had the first referendum.
We've already had two
Old 17-01-2019, 01:32 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I’d like to see us crash out just to see what happens.

Might view the fall out from abroad mind then come back once the dust has settled.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 17-01-2019, 01:33 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Leave under May's deal
Leave under No deal
Remain

Vote under the alternative vote system.

(The Question 1/Question 2 format doesn't work when, for example, some staunch Brexiteers - eg Raab - have said that May's deal is worse than staying in the EU.)

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 17-01-2019, 01:33 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
2 question referendum

If remain wins question 2 is void.

Question 1

Leave the EU
Remain

Question 2

No deal
Government deal
Agreed, but would need to be clear that even those who voted "Remain" to 1 should then vote on 2.

Quote:
6 out of 10 labour MPs represent leave constituencies
7 out of 10 conservative MPs represent leave constituencies
Just get the job done!
Based on a vote held in 2016. Do you not think that those statistics may have changed in the last 2.5 years (or even 2.5 months)?
Old 17-01-2019, 01:34 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Leave under May's deal
Leave under No deal
Remain

Vote under the alternative vote system.

(The Question 1/Question 2 format doesn't work when, for example, some staunch Brexiteers - eg Raab - have said that May's deal is worse than staying in the EU.)
Q1/q2 does work if the first question is may’s Deal, yay or nay.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 17-01-2019, 01:35 PM
Climbing for dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
Based on a vote held in 2016. Do you not think that those statistics may have changed in the last 2.5 years (or even 2.5 months)?
2.5 days
Old 17-01-2019, 01:35 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Brexiters are dying. Let the living decide their own future.
Old 17-01-2019, 01:47 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
New poll published today says 56/44 in favour of remain.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 17-01-2019, 02:07 PM
Climbing for dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
New poll published today says 56/44 in favour of remain.
Stop ignoring the will of the people* taken as a snapshot several years ago.

Just because people are now better informed is no reason to see if people have changed their minds.

* 37.5% of the electorate, or 27% of the population
Old 17-01-2019, 02:26 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Q1/q2 does work if the first question is may’s Deal, yay or nay.
Not sure I agree.

Eg, I would prefer to remain, but don't mind May's deal and am dead against
and very worried about no deal. Which way to I vote on the first question?

Old 17-01-2019, 02:30 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Stop ignoring the will of the people* taken as a snapshot several years ago.

Just because people are now better informed is no reason to see if people have changed their minds.

* 37.5% of the electorate, or 27% of the population
Must spread etc.
Old 17-01-2019, 02:34 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
6 out of 10 labour MPs represent leave constituencies
7 out of 10 conservative MPs represent leave constituencies
Just get the job done!

Or offer a brexit general election using constituencies returning leave or remain MPs.
the 52% would have given us a huge leave government .... With King Nigel Farage as president!
All hail the King!
I can just about understand people wanted to leave the EU (because they are dense).
But I take it all that Farage stuff is a sick joke.
Old 17-01-2019, 02:43 PM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I’d like to see us crash out just to see what happens.

Might view the fall out from abroad mind then come back once the dust has settled.
See you in a decade or two!

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 17-01-2019, 03:12 PM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
That's what happens when you put a Remain Prime Minister and Olly Robbins in charge of it... They never wanted a good deal.
Donald Tusk and the EU offered us the option of a simple trade deal.....blame May not Brexit.
The people had a chance to elect a government that would deliver Brexit, and that elected government has failed to secure an exit.