Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 19-01-2019, 05:24 PM

Eastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
TRB

Note the thread on Billy Bragg, can I give a big up for a band that was very influential in my youth and I believe their messages are still relevant today, Tom Robinson Band.

Uperb classics such as Whitehall up against the Wall, Power in the Darkness, A man you never saw, Martin, not to mention the fantastic Winter of 79 in my opinion have stood the test of time.

Often remembered more for the rather bland 2-4-6-8 motorway and the iconic Glad to be Gay than some of their more political songs, I wish we had more bands around today, prepared to put their heads above the parapet.
Old 20-01-2019, 09:52 AM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Love TRB. Seen them many times, most recently just before Xmas on the power in the darkness 50th anniversary tour. As good as the first time I saw him in Victoria Park at the end of an Anti-nazi league demo. (another great political band were the Flying Pickets)

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 23-01-2019, 07:42 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Power in the Darkness is an underrated classic, still have my vinyl copy complete with stencil.
Old 24-01-2019, 04:28 PM

Eastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well I'm pleased there are at least 3 of us on here who appreciate their influence!

Always been a fan of Depeche Mode since the start, a number of their songs have a political overtone including in recent years "where's the revolution "
Old 13-03-2019, 11:09 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
RIP Danny Kustow, an underappreciated guitar great, too good to be true.