Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 04-02-2019, 04:27 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipungu View Post
Hopefully some of the drivers will begin to take some pride in their work as opposed to treating my packages with contempt.
At 60p a packet you can see their point, though...

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 04-02-2019, 04:54 PM

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
At 60p a packet you can see their point, though...
I completely sympathise and am strongly against zero hour contracts and pay conditions in general as they are.

However, one's work ethos should be such that you approach your work with professionalism. Any frustrations against one's employer should not be taken out on the customers.

There are many businesses which rely on Hermes to provide a reliable service to enable them to have a livelihood. Each time Hermes drivers damage or lose goods, these business owners become liable for the customer's loss, and end up losing money due to individual Hermes driver's negiligence.

Admittedly, my post is anecdotal, I have had more problems with Hermes than any other parcel delivery provider. I assume KFC would claim others are more negligent.
Old 04-02-2019, 05:03 PM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Hopefully some of the drivers will begin to take some pride in their work as opposed to treating my packages with contempt.
Before they get too any driver they've been sorted a few times before that
Old 04-02-2019, 05:13 PM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
A lot of the complaints about Hermes are due to where the drivers leave items. They don't get paid unless it is delivered so will take any opportunity to leave somewhere safe. Also I believe after three attempts the parcel will be returned to sender so more delay to the customer
Old 04-02-2019, 05:18 PM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's must be nightmare to deliver in built up areas as your scope to leave parcels is hard
We're as a round I do you get to know customers and were you leave stuff it is quite easy
The hardest job is getting to know the round
Old 04-02-2019, 05:30 PM

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburns7 View Post
Before they get too any driver they've been sorted a few times before that
I can appreciate that.

I was referring more to instances where the driver believes a 1000 page paperback can be forcibly fit through a letter box.

I guess I can take on board the point about the delivery conditions and pay.
Old 04-02-2019, 05:37 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
I can appreciate that.

I was referring more to instances where the driver believes a 1000 page paperback can be forcibly fit through a letter box.

I guess I can take on board the point about the delivery conditions and pay.
He shouldn't be trying too put it through a letterbox,I have every sympathy
I've been working for them the last 5 months the monies not great but I can get by on it
Old 04-02-2019, 05:49 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburns7 View Post
He shouldn't be trying too put it through a letterbox,I have every sympathy
I've been working for them the last 5 months the monies not great but I can get by on it
It's a tough job, that's for sure.

Always be polite to delivery drivers, I say.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 04-02-2019, 05:55 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:

As were self employed and own our own vehicles it's not bad
We have to set EATs and are GOSs
But once we've finished I go home,we also pick parcels up
Which you get paid for but only half the price
It's the DPD blokes you want to feel sorry for just above the minimum wage doing ten plus hours a day
Old 04-02-2019, 05:56 PM
Banned by Moderators

ETAs not EATs
Old 04-02-2019, 05:57 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:

My experience is that nearly everyone is, though there are the odd exceptions that test customer service skills. I have failed that test on a couple of occasions under extreme provocation.

Many actually smile at me. I often tell them that the only time people are pleased to see me is when I am delivering food
Old 04-02-2019, 05:59 PM
Semper Idem

I have learned that being a good tipper means the food always arrives fast, and hot!

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 04-02-2019, 06:05 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
I have learned that being a good tipper means the food always arrives fast, and hot!
I wish you could be the inhabitant of every home in Clackmannanshire

I once went 20 deliveries without a single tip

I reckon 3 out of 10 tip in the area work. However this is not because I am an old fat bastard, as I work with a few rather attractive women and they do no better.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:05 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietebyeeckeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietebyeeckeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietebyeeckeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietebyeeckeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietebyeeckeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietebyeeckeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietebyeeckeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietebyeeckeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietebyeeckeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietebyeeckeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
...Admittedly, my post is anecdotal, I have had more problems with Hermes than any other parcel delivery provider. ......
My experience with them too. Left a package before Christmas on my door step. A rather pricey new tablet. No signature anything. But then I remember their rates of pay and the schedule they face (and penalties for too many attempts).

I think there will be a diminishing of the fake self employed trick over time, used by Hermes and Uber anyway. It will be the focus on zero hours as employed in future, which has already seen changes.

My daughter is doing A levels, and this weekly allocation of hours is fine for her - some weeks 12 hrs, others up to 20. Not sure how many other categories of people it help - the lack of stability and contracted hours cant be that great for many.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:09 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietebyeeckeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietebyeeckeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietebyeeckeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietebyeeckeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietebyeeckeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietebyeeckeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietebyeeckeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietebyeeckeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietebyeeckeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietebyeeckeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I reckon 3 out of 10 tip in the area work. ....
For the jocks, that's not a bad ratio.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
For the jocks, that's not a bad ratio.
I should have said that the three out of ten always have English accents. Does not t mean they are all from England though. Some may be the posh folk that originate from Edinburgh.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:59 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I should have said that the three out of ten always have English accents. Does not t mean they are all from England though. Some may be the posh folk that originate from Edinburgh.
The modt English-sounding accents in Scotland seemingly come from around Dingwall and Muir of Ord, to the north of Inverness. Goodness knows why that should be. There is a distinct Edinburgh accent that is distinct from weegie but still identifiably Scottish. For instance in Glasgow "Douglas" is known as "Doo-gee" (as in Freedman), but in Edinburgh "Dugg-ee". In Glasgow a "Dugg-ee" is something you put on a lead and take for walks.

I used to live in Alva and English accents there were generally connected in some way to Stirling University.