Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 13-04-2019, 08:52 AM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
I still look at the amount of money the likes of Leicester have wasted on forwards that's have been garbage

Fees are only going to get worse this summer

Makes me appreciate Ayew at £4M
Old 13-04-2019, 08:55 AM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As a squad utility player who can play across the front line then maybe £4M isn't that bad. Certainly not improving the first team squad though.

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 13-04-2019, 09:08 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
On the face of it a fee of just 4m seems very good value for him based on age and his early form at Swansea would make him a steal. But the issue is his form since joining Palace has disappointed to say the least hence why Roy has given him the cold shoulder, so what has changed to suggest Roy has changed his mind? imo this is simply journalist nonsense, But on sensible wages and at 4m makes him probably excellent value as a squad man especially in todays crazy market.
Old 13-04-2019, 09:17 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
But the issue is his form since joining Palace has disappointed to say the least hence why Roy has given him the cold shoulder, so what has changed to suggest Roy has changed his mind?
He'd just found some form tbh, but it coincided with the return of Benteke. Townsend's unlikely to be dropped and Schlupp's one of Roy's favourites. I don't think there's a problem as such, he's just down the pecking order. I do think he could've been brought on a few times for Schlupp when we've looked a bit predictable though, he is at least prepared to run at people.
Old 13-04-2019, 09:19 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
On the face of it a fee of just 4m seems very good value for him based on age and his early form at Swansea would make him a steal. But the issue is his form since joining Palace has disappointed to say the least hence why Roy has given him the cold shoulder, so what has changed to suggest Roy has changed his mind? imo this is simply journalist nonsense, But on sensible wages and at 4m makes him probably excellent value as a squad man especially in todays crazy market.
He really hasn’t been that bad tbf

He is NOT a lone striker at all. In no way suited for it yet charged around like a mad man and often won the ball back being an utter pain in the arse for the opposition. Same as we see with bats now, totally unsuited to the role. Difference is bats will score a half chance and thus he’s not going to be sold for 4m

Ayew looked much better as part of a two or will be fine in a three or even on the wing. 4m is great value

Shame he hesitates ans makes the wrong decision with ‘that’ clearance because it made many people’s minds up about him when in truth he’s put 100% effort in every game and has the quality on the rare occasions he’s played in a more suited role.

Miserable ****** but be happy to get him for that price
Old 13-04-2019, 09:23 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Average squad fillers are not what we need.
Sounds very easy.
Old 13-04-2019, 09:26 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I agree with that mostly but they have their place

Ideally you sign a better player to upgrade your starting 11 and your previous first choice comes squad player.

We don’t have that option though

We aren’t likely to upgrade on zaha or Townsend and put them on the bench. Ayew and Sako are the back up and both leaving as it stands so we need squad players in those positions

He’s a good fit at that price

Of course if we have a youth player on the cusp of the step up then great but that’s not something to rely on
Old 13-04-2019, 09:39 AM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Sounds very easy.
I know and obviously money is tight. Going to be a difficult summer.
Old 13-04-2019, 10:33 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
But sometimes it is. We needed him to fill in when Benteke was out at the start of the season. We have needed both Kelly and Dann at times this season and for the remaining games.
Old 13-04-2019, 10:44 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'd prepare yourself if I were you.
Old 13-04-2019, 10:51 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
I think we all have to, winter is coming.
Old 13-04-2019, 10:51 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
He's very average. I'm hoping we'll have better targets.
Old 13-04-2019, 10:57 AM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What do you get for £4 million these days? Ayew's not much but at that price it's perfectly okay
Old 13-04-2019, 11:01 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
I agree with that mostly but they have their place

Ideally you sign a better player to upgrade your starting 11 and your previous first choice comes squad player.

We don’t have that option though

We aren’t likely to upgrade on zaha or Townsend and put them on the bench. Ayew and Sako are the back up and both leaving as it stands so we need squad players in those positions

He’s a good fit at that price

Of course if we have a youth player on the cusp of the step up then great but that’s not something to rely on
What happens when you’re a lower half of the table club is that good strikers don’t want to hang around and play second fiddle to the new, more expensive guy.

We had that when both Murray and Gayle wanted to leave rather than be on the bench and be second choice to Benteke etc.

We’re not a big enough club that top quality players want to come to unless they’re going to be regularly in the starting 11. So, for example, we can shell out for Sakho and he’s willing to come having been frozen out at Liverpool. But our replacement for him when he’s injured is a player like Kelly who, no offence intended, is a much cheaper option with good, hard working ability. But not international standard.

I think this is a normal situation for the mid-table clubs.
Old 13-04-2019, 11:26 AM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
With the potential for it needing to be quite a big window for us given who is likely and who may be on the way out, filling in a squad spot at this price sounds good to me. Wage dependent of course, but if the wage demand reflects a squad player role then sure im fine with that.

Sako on the other hand...
Old 13-04-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
What happens when you’re a lower half of the table club is that good strikers don’t want to hang around and play second fiddle to the new, more expensive guy.

We had that when both Murray and Gayle wanted to leave rather than be on the bench and be second choice to Benteke etc.

We’re not a big enough club that top quality players want to come to unless they’re going to be regularly in the starting 11. So, for example, we can shell out for Sakho and he’s willing to come having been frozen out at Liverpool. But our replacement for him when he’s injured is a player like Kelly who, no offence intended, is a much cheaper option with good, hard working ability. But not international standard.

Yep
Old 13-04-2019, 12:18 PM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

True. And it highlights why it is so difficult for a club like ours to pull away from the bottom half into being a perennial top half team.

In that sense Ayew is okay. He won't start much but he is versatile and scores the odd goal. Not a sexy signing but at that price it's sensible
Old 13-04-2019, 12:55 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
£4M for squad filler is fine except we are chock-filled with that already and need to prune the squad down and replace with real quality. If Ayew is on top of a real AM, another good CB and a goalscoring ST, then fine. My fear is he might be a 'Poundland' replacement for Zaha.
Old 13-04-2019, 01:51 PM

glenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
We'd sign Messi and you'd pick spots.
Old 13-04-2019, 01:54 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
Just waiting for the news that the club will offer Sako a revised contract
at least it wouldn't involve a transfer fee! And also lower wages than Ayew. If it's just a signing for player morale in the squad to sit on the unused subs bench I know what I'd rather...