Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 13-04-2019, 01:56 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisZero View Post
With the potential for it needing to be quite a big window for us given who is likely and who may be on the way out, filling in a squad spot at this price sounds good to me. Wage dependent of course, but if the wage demand reflects a squad player role then sure im fine with that.

Sako on the other hand...
Have you seen how many subs Hodgson makes? He'd rather have 2 subs on his bench as it used to be, or maybe none at all! May as well give Roy the squad he wants: a small one.

Ayew? NO THANKS
Old 13-04-2019, 01:59 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
That would represent very good value. For £4m I'd be very pleased to get him although I wonder if Ayew himself would be keen considering how little football he's had recently.
Would I be good value for £3m? I could sit on the unused subs bench for months and months too. Don't sign ANYONE who is not a first XI player for Roy Hodgson. He wants a small squad. We have enough filler in the squad already.
Old 13-04-2019, 02:04 PM
Super Furry Animal

Riley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Cheviot View Post
Got the impression when he first arrived that he didn’t really know what it means to pull on a Palace shirt and play in front of the Selhurst faithful.

Not sure why he would know that, or any new signing. I’m sure they’re not blasé about it but it’s a job to them after all.

Think Ayew is a decent squad player, easily good enough for our level, who we played out of position, as we sometimes do. Think he’d have done well replacing Townsend during his recent rest as he’s best carrying the ball forward from deep, drawing fouls to relieve pressure or playing one-twos and getting a shot away from around the penalty area.

To think we played him as a back-to-goal striker is bonkers. Like buying an wardrobe and expecting it to be able to mow your lawn.
Old 13-04-2019, 02:16 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Would I be good value for £3m? I could sit on the unused subs bench for months and months too. Don't sign ANYONE who is not a first XI player for Roy Hodgson. He wants a small squad. We have enough filler in the squad already.
But Ayew wasn’t unused when we had injuries in positions he could play.

I think it’s too early to damn this potential purchase. Michy will return to Chelsea and I fully expect Roy to sell either Benteke or Wickham in the summer. Maybe even both of them.

So 2, maybe 3, of our strikers could be gone soon. Meanwhile, Swansea must be pushing us to make a decision now about Ayew so they can plan ahead. Purchasing Ayew now doesn’t mean he’s the first priority, it just reflects the fact that his situation has to be resolved promptly as he’s a loanee.

Come August I expect our forwards will be a new guy, Wickham/Benteke, then Ayew and ofcourse Wilf can do it at a push.

If we had a great youngster coming through, then I’d like to make room for him. But Roy must know this is currently looking unlikely.
Old 13-04-2019, 02:19 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Quote:
Have you seen how many subs Hodgson makes? He'd rather have 2 subs on his bench as it used to be, or maybe none at all! May as well give Roy the squad he wants: a small one.

Ayew? NO THANKS
Its not a sub if everyone else is injured going into a game
Old 13-04-2019, 02:39 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn.f View Post
We'd sign Messi and you'd pick spots.
Over-rated.
Old 13-04-2019, 02:49 PM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Waste of a squad place Wayne Andrews in disguise.
Old 13-04-2019, 02:53 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
My fear is he might be a 'Poundland' replacement for Zaha.
Don’t even say that
Old 13-04-2019, 04:49 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Given that we seem to have gone into two seasons without any strikers at all he seems to be a good option at that price (if true).
Old 13-04-2019, 05:23 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
I always assumed he was naturally a winger.
Old 13-04-2019, 05:26 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
At least we can’t be disappointed when he fails to score goals.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 13-04-2019, 05:31 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
More of the same from Roy next year then!
Plus I'm guessing they pay us the 4 million to take him?
Old 13-04-2019, 05:41 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
We paid Chelsea £3m as a loan fee for Bats.!
Old 13-04-2019, 08:42 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
23 appearances and 2 goals this season but you know make up what you will.
Old 13-04-2019, 09:00 PM

Lprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I guess it makes sense as he was a Roy's signing, he knows the players etc but tbh he has been fairly underwhelming, can only think of 1 games I thought he played well and that was the draw away to Saints.

For his role in the squad and Roy's lack of subs/squad rotation, surely we could just put an U23 player on the bench and save the best part of £50K week and £4M (Daly, Aveiro, Lumeka)
Old 14-04-2019, 06:32 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
To be fair to Ayew, I’m still not convinced we’ve seen the best of him. I.e, a winger in a 4-3-3.
Old 14-04-2019, 06:38 AM

HRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You’d be better off spending the £4 million pound on a roof over the fan zone.
Old 14-04-2019, 06:50 AM

Old Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Apart from the merits of Jordan Ayew, this makes it seem very likely that Roy Hodgson will still be with us next season. Good news from my perspective, but it wasn’t completely obvious.
Old 14-04-2019, 10:07 AM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
I’d take Ayew at that price, he’s a decent squad player and not too old
Old 14-04-2019, 12:05 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
I wonder how he would do if played in Wilf's or Andros's position?