Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 01-05-2019, 12:18 PM

Salad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is here
Joy division were OK if you had a bit of money back in the day. If you bought something from beano's based on - let's be honest - a pretentious recommendation because the lead singer had epilepsy and killed himself on the eve of a grand American tour because he was too shy to see his kid - that's all very well as a good pub anecdote, but don't ******* urge people to buy their shit music, because if they don't like it (which they won't) they might not be able to swap it out for a few weeks, or months even, if they're really poor.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:36 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgerseagles View Post
I was lucky enough to see Joy division 4 times - the first being at the Nashville Rooms which was a pub venue in Kensington, around 1979 I reckon.

They were truly awesome and I remember thinking at the time that I would probably never see anything so special again - they were that mind blowing

I loved the first two albums and who knows what would have happened if Curtis had not departed before his time. I saw New Order at their first UK gig at Heaven and they were fragile and nervous and I wanted to love them but it was never the same.

So much music talent came from the Manchester region around that time - RIP Pete Shelley
I also saw Joy Division at the Nashville in the summer of '79 (a couple of weeks before our first match back in the First Division following promotion v Man. City) IIRC. They were supported by OMD and A Certain Ratio, I think. I've missed New Order at least twice in Lyon over the years. They're playing this summer again at the old Roman Amphitheatre, but tickets sold out within minutes of going on-line.
I did, however, manage to see one of Peter Hook's post JD bands supporting The Blue Aeroplanes (whatever happened to them?) in Lyon but a long time ago.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:40 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
FFS!

I was just trying to find the name of Peter Hook's band and I dicovered that Peter Hook and the lights are playing in Lyon the day after tomorrow! Of course it's sold out!
Old 01-05-2019, 02:58 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott View Post
FFS!

I was just trying to find the name of Peter Hook's band and I dicovered that Peter Hook and the lights are playing in Lyon the day after tomorrow! Of course it's sold out!
Turn up. Nothing ventured..
Old 01-05-2019, 03:09 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott View Post
FFS!

Seeing him at Beautiful Days in August

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 01-05-2019, 06:17 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Also at Hook's Roundhouse show. Superb night. Of the two, far better value than the current New Order line-up. His books on his time in both JD and New Order are also worth a read. Sumner's isn't.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:27 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Also at Hook's Roundhouse show. Superb night. Of the two, far better value than the current New Order line-up. His books on his time in both JD and New Order are also worth a read. Sumner's isn't.

Iíve read them all...youíre right. Bernardís is instantly forgettable.

You get the impression that Hooky didnít take himself too seriously and thoroughly enjoyed the ride ( loyalties and friendships aside).
Old 02-05-2019, 08:28 AM

Eli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Must admit, I've had the Bernard Sumner book since it came out and have only read the first few chapters without feeling any terrible urge to go back carry on (I've met both him and Peter Hook and thought Hook was by far the more agreeable man).

Stephen Morris' book comes out next week, for those that are interested: To view the link you have to Register or Login

As far as I'm aware, this concentrates on Joy Division with a follow up about New Order to follow.
Old 17-07-2019, 12:34 PM

goathouse is playing for a contract
You need to listen to Joy Division tracks chronologically to get a true perspective of how great and ground breaking they were. From the punky thrashings to Closer and LWTUA was only 3 years and step of the way they got better and better. Without them you wouldn't have had bands like Nirvana, Radiohead etc. no goth. If they had continued we wouldn't have had to suffer U2 and their ilk. The fact that New Order continued to re-invent themselves and be one step ahead of the field is testament to their overall influence and greatness.
Old 18-07-2019, 12:40 AM

rhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is here
Great live thier studio albums didnt have the same edge .it was all about Curtis presence
Old 18-07-2019, 05:18 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by goathouse View Post
Without them you wouldn't have had bands like Nirvana, Radiohead etc. no goth. If they had continued we wouldn't have had to suffer U2 and their ilk. The fact that New Order continued to re-invent themselves and be one step ahead of the field is testament to their overall influence and greatness.
That is quite a claim. How so.
Old 18-07-2019, 05:36 AM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They were shit. We were told they weren't. They are. We were lied too. I beleived in the Pixies being good too until i put on bossa nova. Just listened to Closer. Good lord