Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

View Poll Results: How did you vote?
Conservative 0 0%
Labour 11 7.69%
Liberal Democrats 52 36.36%
Green 31 21.68%
SNP (or other regional remain party) 1 0.70%
DUP (or other regional leave Party) 0 0%
Brexit Party 26 18.18%
Change UK 15 10.49%
Other 7 4.90%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2019, 06:28 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Well Labour's policy is still to leave, despite the best efforts of some, so if you would like to remain I would suggest considering another party.
You're voting on single issues.I would like an MEP who best represents my views in the EU parliament.The way to get remain is to have another referendum,not protest vote on single issues in an election that has nothing to do with leaving or remaining.
Old 08-05-2019, 07:25 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
You're voting on single issues.I would like an MEP who best represents my views in the EU parliament.The way to get remain is to have another referendum,not protest vote on single issues in an election that has nothing to do with leaving or remaining.
For British voters this is surely a single issue election. Don't vote Labour and reward their equivocation. Leave Labour in no doubt that its potential supporters want to stay in the EU.

I certainly won't be reading the party manifestos.
Old 08-05-2019, 07:43 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Lib dems or green are the logical choice. Although I bet a few will be suckered in by TIG

SaulAlinsky
Old 08-05-2019, 07:47 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I think I would vote Green, if I lived in your benighted country - though Corbyn is genuinely committed to the environment.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:20 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
.The way to get remain is to have another referendum,not protest vote on single issues in an election that has nothing to do with leaving or remaining.
If the best way to remain is to have another referendum then voting for a party that wants one is a good start.

If we choose to continue with Brexit then these MEPs will be in the job for a very short time period, to the point where it pretty much wont matter what they support.

If you genuinely want to remain then send a message to Labour and more specifically Corbyn (and the Tories, but not sure they'll listen)
Old 08-05-2019, 09:44 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
For British voters this is surely a single issue election. Don't vote Labour and reward their equivocation. Leave Labour in no doubt that its potential supporters want to stay in the EU.

I certainly won't be reading the party manifestos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
If the best way to remain is to have another referendum then voting for a party that wants one is a good start.

If we choose to continue with Brexit then these MEPs will be in the job for a very short time period, to the point where it pretty much wont matter what they support.

If you genuinely want to remain then send a message to Labour and more specifically Corbyn (and the Tories, but not sure they'll listen)
If we had a Labour government now we'd be having another referendum.There's too many in and out of the party that want it for them not to crack.They're trying to hedge their bets but the fact remains that Labour are doing better in remain areas so they might as well come out and actually fully support it.So I agree they are a bit of a mess and they will probably be punished slightly less than the Tories for it.But if we are going to stay in the EU like we want,I don't want to see a load of MEPs elected on a protest vote from both sides.We've had that before with UKIP and all they do is obstruct the EU getting stuff done.I can't treat this like a referendum like some are because it isn't a referendum.
Old 09-05-2019, 04:31 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I think I would vote Green, if I lived in your benighted country - though Corbyn is genuinely committed to the environment.
hes certainly committed to coalmining
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 09-05-2019, 05:46 AM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
You've been had.

Stop whining and get over it.

NO the remainers should have done that!
Old 09-05-2019, 06:02 AM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Quote:
If we had a Labour government now we'd be having another referendum.There's too many in and out of the party that want it for them not to crack.They're trying to hedge their bets but the fact remains that Labour are doing better in remain areas so they might as well come out and actually fully support it.So I agree they are a bit of a mess and they will probably be punished slightly less than the Tories for it.But if we are going to stay in the EU like we want,I don't want to see a load of MEPs elected on a protest vote from both sides.We've had that before with UKIP and all they do is obstruct the EU getting stuff done.I can't treat this like a referendum like some are because it isn't a referendum.
This is desparate, head in the clouds stuff.

You're basically pleading with Remainers to vote for Labour because of what Labour members want, and because "that's bound to come through in the end." So you're asking voters to get involved in the Labour internal civil war over Brexit.

No. Sort your house own out. How dare you ask the electorate to do if for you.

Equating voting for Lib Dems or Greens - ardent Europhiles with very senisble values and policies who will clearly work cooperatively with the EU - to a protest vote for UKIP is laughable.
Old 09-05-2019, 06:35 AM
My source from Ocean Park

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Is he? hadn't heard much from him before the Easter demo's.
Old 09-05-2019, 06:36 AM
My source from Ocean Park

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
If we had a Labour government now we'd be having another referendum.There's too many in and out of the party that want it for them not to crack.They're trying ....
I'm genuinely astonished to read stuff like this.
Old 09-05-2019, 06:44 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Is he? hadn't heard much from him before the Easter demo's.
Its weird, isnt it? Not what is portrayed on JC, at all - but climate scientists have a high opinion of his grasp of the science and commitment to leading on this. I found this for you, if it helps: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 09-05-2019, 07:00 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
NO the remainers should have done that!
But we've been proven right.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:01 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
A party whose members and voters are solidly remain and you're astonished?
Old 09-05-2019, 08:30 AM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 09-05-2019, 09:01 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes, given the party leadership keep refusing to commit to it, despite having had opportunities to do so.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:03 AM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Led by a man who is anti-EU. If they were for a referendum, they would have come out for it months ago, and driven the campaign to have one. The fact we are still where we are, and they are pushing for their different shade of unicorn, rather than having put the whole fiasco to bed, shows that a Labour government would have been no more competent through Brexit than the Tories have been.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks View Post
This is desparate, head in the clouds stuff.

You're basically pleading with Remainers to vote for Labour because of what Labour members want, and because "that's bound to come through in the end." So you're asking voters to get involved in the Labour internal civil war over Brexit.

No. Sort your house own out. How dare you ask the electorate to do if for you.

Equating voting for Lib Dems or Greens - ardent Europhiles with very senisble values and policies who will clearly work cooperatively with the EU - to a protest vote for UKIP is laughable.
I'm not pleading with anyone, I was explaining to Reps AJ why I was voting Labour and not an out and out remain party even though I want to remain. There are genuine other reasons for voting Lib Dems and Greens and I would never equate that to voting for UKIP but to vote solely based on an issue that is not being decided by these elections is equivalent to a protest vote. I'm not even suggesting it's wrong to vote in that way, just laying out the reasons why I won't be.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:25 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Vote tactically = don't vote for anyone bar LIB in England
Old 09-05-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
It's not that astonishing given it will be Labour party policy if they can't break the impasse.