Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:20 AM
Oh No!

AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We shouldn't be looking to sell any player that we don't have a ready made replacement for. If Shlupp was the backup and proven winger then maybe, but he isn't and we don't have anyone in the wings to step into his position. Don't get me wrong though, if we were offered silly money then that should be seriously considered.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:24 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeagle View Post
If you look at how we line up, Roy seems to want a hardworking, yet athletic RM (in 4-4-2) / RW (in 4-3-3) opposite Wilf, to allow a bit more freedom and potentially fewer defensive duties for our talisman. Sure, Andros isn't Bolasie in terms of pure athleticism and trickery, but someone like Yannick wouldn't fit into our more-disciplined tactical approach anyway.

Just as Leicester balanced Mahrez on one side with Albrighton on the other during their title-winning season, we've got an asymmetrical formation in terms of expectations for our wingers.

If I look for Townsend replacements (hardworking left/two-footed right mids, Premier League quality), I see only a few that are remotely around the 20m ballpark figure, none of which are as good as Andros.

For example, currently playing or likely to play in the Prem this year:
- Matt Ritchie
- Johann Berg Gudmunsson
- Robert Snodgrass
- Anthony Knockaert
- Patrick Roberts
- Jota

There are others playing elsewhere, with far less graft than Andros:
- Adnan Januzaj
- Florian Thauvin
- Samu Castillejo

This is ignoring the likes of Nicolas Pepe, Suso, David Neres, who are all supposedly leaving their clubs this summer but would cost several arms and legs.

In short, I think we've got the best option on the market for a club of our financial weight, not to mention Andros is a cracking lad and a great guy to have around the locker room. You need only see how he's taken Aaron under his wing this year for evidence of that.

Sure, we can pick holes in his game (just like we can say Sakho can be a bomb-scare at times, Luka's passing can be errant, Wilf can pick the wrong option, Meyer can be lightweight, etc.). But looking at the situation practically, he's a solid first teamer that we're lucky to have.

I'd sign him up until 2023.
Great post.

It all depends on what Hodgson visualises as his system for next season, it's easy to say to be flexible but the two systems as you mention require different style of players. The two wide players you could say play as central attacking midfielders too, Loftus Cheek, McCarthur done a job on the right and Meyer against Bournemouth. There's a whole host of attacking midfielders in Europe who could play in the wide playmaker roles with more freedom to create. I think Yazici would be perfect in the 442 Hodgson likes to go about.

But if Hodgson opted for two out and out wingers Lookman or Benarahma in my eyes would prove to be good business in exchange for the sale of Townsend.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:27 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
14m? Haha

30m minimum and even then I'm not sure who we get that makes it worth it.

We'd have to find a replacement. After signing on fees, agents fee etc wed probably have 20-25m to spend. Could we find a replacement for 20m? Maybe but would he be much of an upgrade? Not likely. So why? Wont gave much cash left over, would be taking the risk of flop that comes with all new players.

Crucially this could be a huge season of change and that often impacts the season as players gel and get an understanding of each other and the manager etc..

With question Marks about wilf, awb, Benteke, sakho, Luka and pva ina addition to ayew, bats and sako going and any more... we could need 7,8,9..10 or more players as it is. I dont think wed sell them all but shouldn't be letting solid players like Andros go for any less than crazy money
Old 02-06-2019, 11:28 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
I just don't think he's particularly effective. His finishing is woeful most of the time. A few world class finishes (which they are and I enjoyed every single one of them) doesn't change that.

He can be wasteful in possession as well.

I'm not saying he's shit or anything like that, just I don't think he's *that* good.
I think with the paucity of goals he scores and the number of moves that break down as he cuts in from the right and either slows things down, fails to find the strikers or greedily slashes the ball over the bar when better placed teammates are screaming for the ball, hed be MUCH better for the team on the left.

Love his workrate and I think hes by far the best crosser at the club. To clarify my post above, Id love him to be a squad player for us but it seems obvious our finances dont stretch that far.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:31 AM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
14m? Haha

30m minimum and even then I'm not sure who we get that makes it worth it.

We'd have to find a replacement. After signing on fees, agents fee etc wed probably have 20-25m to spend. Could we find a replacement for 20m? Maybe but would he be much of an upgrade? Not likely. So why? Wont gave much cash left over, would be taking the risk of flop that comes with all new players.

Crucially this could be a huge season of change and that often impacts the season as players gel and get an understanding of each other and the manager etc..

With question Marks about wilf, awb, Benteke, sakho, Luka and pva ina addition to ayew, bats and sako going and any more... we could need 7,8,9..10 or more players as it is. I dont think wed sell them all but shouldn't be letting solid players like Andros go for any less than crazy money
This
Old 02-06-2019, 11:35 AM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Same thing has been said many times before about other players and managers.

If Andros was a consistent 10-15 goal per season winger, he would be at a bigger club than Palace.

He's plenty good for us right now.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:01 PM

PemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Would not sell him for less than 25-30m and only then if we could say get Bowen or equivalent for 15-20m.
If we could get Bowen for Andros and nett 10m then I could be tempted but otherwise best to keep.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:11 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
Same thing has been said many times before about other players and managers.

If Andros was a consistent 10-15 goal per season winger, he would be at a bigger club than Palace.

He's plenty good for us right now.
Just being a consistent 6-8 goal winger would be a start, based off his average goalscoring record in the Prem.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:22 PM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
OK so the cynic in me says that contract extension talks have begun........ that said, I wouldn’t sell Townsend unless we had a clearly identified and affordable replacement. We have a good team at the moment we should be looking to strengthen what we have some can push on next season
Old 02-06-2019, 12:30 PM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Offer a swap for Harvey Barnes.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:38 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
He deffo has a song !

How does it go? Never heard it.

and yes I do go to games.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:39 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
How about this one?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Oh ok cool, sorry my mistake!
Old 02-06-2019, 01:11 PM

redeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I get the impression that without sales there wont be much of a transfer budget this summer. Maybe a loan and a free transfer if we are lucky. In my view it is now looking likely that we may keep Wilf and Aaron as I dont think any of the big clubs will be prepared to cough up what we think they are worth. Andros can be inconsistent but always puts in a shift, is a model professional and produces the occasional moment of football genius. Personally I would prefer to keep him and tie him down with a contract extension, even if that means very little transfer activity. Sometimes you only really appreciate something or someone after they are gone.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:14 PM

kyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We cant lose Townsand- we would be taking a big step backwards
Old 02-06-2019, 01:26 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For me he was player of the year for the first 20 odd games. Seams to always put a shift in, and seams to be liked by others. Good part of the squad,
Old 02-06-2019, 02:21 PM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Just being a consistent 6-8 goal winger would be a start, based off his average goalscoring record in the Prem.
Scoring 6 a season would not be a problem if he played on the left and was delivering the dangerous balls into the box for Benteke that we know he is capable of. The issue is he doesnt provide enough for the strikers and he is too predictable cutting in. I think he could play left midfield and be a brilliant asset for the side as PVA out of our full backs needs the better cover and he has genuine quality with his left plus a decent right peg so could still cut in like his goal at home to Stoke a few years ago. Even Benteke has alluded to the frustration of having a left footer on right and vice versa.

Other than that, he could play right mid if we had a right sided striker who was willing to pull wide to cross but Wilf plays on the left and our current centre forward is not that type of player and needs to be in the box anyway. Also AWB overlapping leaves our defence exposed for lack of pace on the counter so I dont like that either!
Old 02-06-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeagle View Post
Go on then, GF. You're a blue sky thinker...who would you replace him with, in an ideal world?
In an ideal world Townsend would be a squad player for us for another 5 years. I like him, although think hed be better on the left for the team. In an ideal world wed sign someone as an additional but our finances dont stretch that far apparently. Lookman is available for 20m if reports are true. Well worth a go.
Old 02-06-2019, 02:33 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
I'd sell him for sure, but there's absolutely no way he is only worth 14m or that it is our valuation of him.
I read your post as, you don't like him, so he is worth nothing.

He has two years left on his contract, why give him away?

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 02-06-2019, 02:34 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
I think with the paucity of goals he scores and the number of moves that break down as he cuts in from the right and either slows things down, fails to find the strikers or greedily slashes the ball over the bar when better placed teammates are screaming for the ball, hed be MUCH better for the team on the left.

Love his workrate and I think hes by far the best crosser at the club. To clarify my post above, Id love him to be a squad player for us but it seems obvious our finances dont stretch that far.
Didn't he only score 1 fewer goal than Wilf this season?
Old 02-06-2019, 02:51 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
In an ideal world Townsend would be a squad player for us for another 5 years. I like him, although think hed be better on the left for the team. In an ideal world wed sign someone as an additional but our finances dont stretch that far apparently. Lookman is available for 20m if reports are true. Well worth a go.
So if we sell Townsend for 20m who is an established premier league player, hard worker, scores some important goals etc
And replace him with a player who cant get in the Everton team, sometimes even Everton squad and scored one goal in all comps last season for the same amount of money.

Oh dear.