Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

View Poll Results: What's the best Floyd Album?
Piper at the Gates of Dawn 7 5.00%
A Saucerful of Secrets 0 0%
Soundtrack to "More" 1 0.71%
Ummagumma 2 1.43%
Atom Heart Mother 4 2.86%
Meddle 10 7.14%
Obscured By Clouds 2 1.43%
Dark Side of the Moon 39 27.86%
Wish You Were Here 27 19.29%
Animals 12 8.57%
The Wall 17 12.14%
The Final Cut 5 3.57%
I don't like Pink Floyd but thought I'd vote anyway 14 10.00%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-01-2003, 03:18 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Favourite Pink Floyd Album

Since we're having a "favourites" day, I thought it'd be rude not to include Floyd. Mine's Piper because I'm a huge Barrett fan and much prefer that incarnation, though Waters is a brilliant songwriter. No albums after the Final Cut are included cos that ain't Floyd!
Old 29-01-2003, 03:22 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Piper. Never heard any of the others.
Old 29-01-2003, 03:23 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
You must have heard Dark Side of the Moon???
Old 29-01-2003, 03:24 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Dark Side of the Moon.

Probably the best album of all time.
Old 29-01-2003, 03:29 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
No - sounds like I should, though.
Old 29-01-2003, 03:31 PM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
The two obvious ones would be Dark Side of the Moon or Wish You Were Here, but for the sheer drama and the fact that I discovered it during a very weird part of my life I went for The Wall. Mind you, Animals was a close 2nd.

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 29-01-2003, 03:32 PM
Perth Escapee

Swoop25 endeavours to be what they aspire to appearSwoop25 endeavours to be what they aspire to appearSwoop25 endeavours to be what they aspire to appearSwoop25 endeavours to be what they aspire to appearSwoop25 endeavours to be what they aspire to appearSwoop25 endeavours to be what they aspire to appearSwoop25 endeavours to be what they aspire to appearSwoop25 endeavours to be what they aspire to appearSwoop25 endeavours to be what they aspire to appearSwoop25 endeavours to be what they aspire to appearSwoop25 endeavours to be what they aspire to appear
Dark side of the Moon .

Didn't Gilmour and Waters do seperate "Pink Floyd" tours last year ?
Old 29-01-2003, 03:34 PM

Coulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
I like the most recent one, Echoes, the compilation, as it has a bit of all of them on it, personal favourite one tho' is Animals.
Old 29-01-2003, 03:34 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
DSotM is obvious, of course, but it's also brilliant.

Can't believe you've never heard it EA - how is such a thing possible?

Us and Them, Brain Damage, Time, The Great Gig in the Sky....aah me.

Old 29-01-2003, 03:35 PM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Whilst Meddle, Dark Side and Wish You Were Here are all probably 'better' albums, I've always prefered Piper.

As for The Final Cut, the only thing I can say in it's favour is that it's better than the film of the same name.

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 29-01-2003, 03:37 PM

jonmears is playing for a contract
i'm a massive Waters Fan and his best stuff was the Wall and Final Cut, and i'm gonna go for the final cut I also like his solo stuff.
Old 29-01-2003, 03:38 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Quote:
Originally posted by Cleon
As for The Final Cut, the only thing I can say in it's favour is that it's better than the film of the same name.
I don't know, "Southampton Dock" to me is that album's saving grace.
Old 29-01-2003, 03:38 PM
Middle class left.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gooders
DSotM is obvious, of course, but it's also brilliant.

Can't believe you've never heard it EA - how is such a thing possible?

They were rather infra-dig when I was a nipper, what with punk-rock and all that...... and then I never really went out of my way to catch up.
Old 29-01-2003, 03:40 PM
Tired and Emotional

Smurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Wish You Were Here was the first Floyd album I ever listened to and is the one that is always in the car or on the stereo. It is also a CD that my wife I and shared in common when we met (that I will admit to) and that we listened to in the early days of our relationship.
Old 29-01-2003, 03:42 PM
www.b00mb0x.org

Del Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Crikey..all these threads, I will have to get a Mott The Hoople one started soon.

I've gone for Atom Heart Mother. there is just something spooky about the title track and "Fat Old Sun" is just bliss. It also has a track called "Al From Bromley's Psychedelic Breakfast" which is just the sort of thing we would expect from him.

I really rate Ummagumma and Meddle too. I thought that the successs of Dark Side Of The Moon made them a bit desperate to continue having commercial hits and went off them a bit then.
Old 29-01-2003, 03:51 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Wish You Were Here for me but I spent so much time stoned listening to Animals that it os burned into (what's left of) my memory.
Old 29-01-2003, 03:57 PM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Swoop25
Dark side of the Moon .

Didn't Gilmour and Waters do seperate "Pink Floyd" tours last year ?
Saw Roger Waters at Wembley last year, with one of the best backing groups ever. Snowy White, Andy Fairweather Low, Katie Kissoon, PP Arnold, Tessa Niles, AWESOME! Nick Mason made a guest appearance as well. He played loads of Floyd stuff right the way up to The Wall, but his solo material was very weak in comparison.

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 29-01-2003, 03:58 PM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Psychokiller
You must have heard Dark Side of the Moon???
Heard OF it, but not heard it. Considered buying it as it is generally perceived to be one of the greatest albums ever, but that doesn't mean I'd like it. I don't generally like their sort of music so I didn't bother buying it.
Old 29-01-2003, 04:08 PM
Jedi Master

bobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Saw Roger Waters at Wembley last year, with one of the best backing groups ever. Snowy White, Andy Fairweather Low, Katie Kissoon, PP Arnold, Tessa Niles, AWESOME! Nick Mason made a guest appearance as well. He played loads of Floyd stuff right the way up to The Wall, but his solo material was very weak in comparison.
I was at the Wembley concert on the Wednesday with Mrs bobmatt and Men at work and can confirm it was an awesome show (except for my 1st sight of MAWs bleached blond hairdoo). As for floyd albums it has to be "Wish You Were Here". For Waters solo stuff, "Amused To Death" is one of my all time favourite albums.

The path to the Dark Side.
Old 29-01-2003, 04:15 PM
Sad Moon Risin'

Location: 3951 miles (6358 km) (3433 nautical miles) from Selhurst
jlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Dark Side of the Moon for me.

Probably has something to do with Dark Side of the Rainbow. Anyone ever seen that??
"It hurts us here," Jose Luis Luviano, a fan in Mexico City, said as he punched his chest. Tears melted the Mexican flags painted on his cheeks. "There has to be an end to this disgrace where (Americans) treat us like rats and idiots."
-WC 2002 US 2 - 0 Mexico

Facebook